Immigration Advisors - A Cautionary Tale

I picked up this link on another forum:-

http://betterthanimbd.wordpress.com/2012/08/29/uk-immigration-barristers-scam/

It caught my attention because of its specific reference to Thailand, thus:-

We were told on a our second day that customers who were coming from India,Nigeria, or any African country were rubbish customers,they are always poor and had no money, so don’t waste your time on them.

They said you only need to spend time with ”GOLD CUSTOMERS ”,partners of English people who were from Thailand or anywhere within the Asian market,to quote Mohammed ” these old men who have lots of savings are really keen to have their partner join them,you can charge them a big fee and they don’t mind paying for it,if they haven’t got savings they will have a creditcard.

Not a good advert for the "profession", I would say.

An interesting article, if a little scary, thanks for sharing.

I believe that there are many good and honest advisors out there but they will be tainted by the likes of these cowboys.

I assume they will have a tame lawyer on their books and that would negate the need to be registered with OISC.

I read the link and found it shocking. But I don't think the Thai immigration agents are much better. They try to con old retirees about how difficult it is to get a retirement visa and charge them bT12,000 plus!!