What Happened To Mandalay And Spicy Nightclub?

Pokerstar

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Spicy open the last few days. Haven't been in CM long enough to know what Mandalay is though, sorry.

If you're looking for a Spicy replacement then behind Lucky Bar (just before you turn onto Loi Kroh) there is Lucky Club, now known as Good Morning Club. Opens till around 7am but it's 99% the same girls and guys that you'll see in Zoe Yellow or Spicy. Also really small, so not my style...

Edited by ForumUsername

I've seen Spicy open the last few days. Haven't been in CM long enough to know what Mandalay is though, sorry.

If you're looking for a Spicy replacement then behind Lucky Bar (just before you turn onto Loi Kroh) there is Lucky Club, now known as Good Morning Club. Opens till around 7am but it's 99% the same girls and guys that you'll see in Zoe Yellow or Spicy. Also really small, so not my style...

Yeah I dont like Spicy or small clubs either, but for meeting people who stay here its a good place.

Other than Mandalay the only option I know is Discovery, unless you want thai liveband from Infinity after 23:00 to around 3am.

Mandalay (Also called Scratching) is a large nightclub, probably the biggest one in chiang mai but it's known to have many gay people. But still the same music as they play in Bangkok large nightclubs like Insomnia, Route 66 etc. House music, electronic music etc :)

do not support mandalay. their double pricing is only for racist reasons(as it almost always is).

300thb for foreigner and free entrance for thais.

my friend asked the staff why is it like that and the answer was "we don't want you here". so there you go, <deleted>*k 'em!

I dont pay a cent at the entrance and im not thai. Maybe you were unlucky at that time..

do not support mandalay. their double pricing is only for racist reasons(as it almost always is).

my friend asked the staff why is it like that and the answer was "we don't want you here". so there you go, <deleted>*k 'em!

You must have an attitude problem, as I have never paid entrance, and this little gem "so there you go, <deleted>*k 'em!" is sure to get you a long way in Thailand

• Like 1

Mandalay (Also called Scratching) is a large nightclub, probably the biggest one in chiang mai but it's known to have many gay people. But still the same music as they play in Bangkok large nightclubs like Insomnia, Route 66 etc. House music, electronic music etc smile.png

Oh I do know this place then. Only been once, and yeah it seemed to be mostly gay.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Fabrique? Never had to pay for Mandalay / Scratching

dont no about now but mandalay,in the far past did charge for falangs,300bht,but 1 or 2 free drinks,and the reason was they werent comfortable with foreigners,same as monkey club and warm up.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Fabrique? Never had to pay for Mandalay / Scratching

Mandalay (Also called Scratching) is a large nightclub, probably the biggest one in chiang mai but it's known to have many gay people. But still the same music as they play in Bangkok large nightclubs like Insomnia, Route 66 etc. House music, electronic music etc smile.png

Mandalay is also for Thais only.

(OK, they let in the occasional foreigner if you pay a hefty fee, but you ain't welcome)

Rumour has it, Mandalay has suffered the same fate as other late night venues ...... closed by the police.

(Too much noise in a residential area)

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Mandalay is also for Thais only.

(OK, they let in the occasional foreigner if you pay a hefty fee, but you ain't welcome)

Rumour has it, Mandalay has suffered the same fate as other late night venues ...... closed by the police.

(Too much noise in a residential area)

So it's true then its gone and wont open again?

Guys, whats Fabrique that you are talking about? I have heard about it but I dont know much about where is it? What music do they play and is it large or smal like spicy?

Fabrique is on the ground floor of the President hotel, just off the N.E. corner of the moat. I was there once, with 3 locals, another couple and my date. I was charged 300, but it was a drink credit, so it went toward the tab. I hated it, one mans heaven is another mans hell. Loud "Euro zombie thump" music big, crowded, there must have been 20 litres of hair jell present if collected from the spike haired dudes, lots of little nubiles checking their mobiles, . I bailed, she was not happy.

Fabrique is on the ground floor of the President hotel, just off the N.E. corner of the moat. I was there once, with 3 locals, another couple and my date. I was charged 300, but it was a drink credit, so it went toward the tab. I hated it, one mans heaven is another mans hell. Loud "Euro zombie thump" music big, crowded, there must have been 20 litres of hair jell present if collected from the spike haired dudes, lots of little nubiles checking their mobiles, . I bailed, she was not happy.

Agree totally, I went once with A.N.Other; but it was very apparent looking around the clientele that this is where the wealthy flash cash guys (both thai and Farang) and wannabes hang out.

The girls there; lets say they are the real leeches; worse than bar girls; they have £/$ reflecting in their eyes, and their prize...a rich guy.

simply put TV readers if you are not seen to be spending big (and with JW and multi singhas on the table) then dont expect a visit from the Hi so girls here.

At the time i was charged 200bt, and my "date" was free.

But if you are not afraid to be in a minority, and want to pick up some class "no strings attached" then ditch the plebby tourist traps and go to the Monkey club or Warm up.

I gurantee you will not be disappointed......................(but if you are then T.S.B)

But if you are not afraid to be in a minority, and want to pick up some class "no strings attached" then ditch the plebby tourist traps and go to the Monkey club or Warm up.

I gurantee you will not be disappointed......................(but if you are then T.S.cool.png

Walked through Monkey once ...... dumped the four girls with me and kept walking out the other side.

My idea of hell.

• Like 1

I gurantee you will not be disappointed......................(but if you are then T.S.cool.png

Walked through Monkey once ...... dumped the four girls with me and kept walking out the other side.

My idea of hell.

Good on yer mate...have to admit never picked up 4 on the way thro'.......its not Patong you know!!

• Like 1

My idea of hell.

there is only one entrance in and out of monkey club???

My idea of hell.

It was very crowded, I might have got lost a few times on my trip through.

(are you sure there is only one door ...... fire regs and all that? .... anyway another reason not to go DEATHTRAP!))

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Agree totally, I went once with A.N.Other; but it was very apparent looking around the clientele that this is where the wealthy flash cash guys (both thai and Farang) and wannabes hang out.

The girls there; lets say they are the real leeches; worse than bar girls; they have £/$ reflecting in their eyes, and their prize...a rich guy.

simply put TV readers if you are not seen to be spending big (and with JW and multi singhas on the table) then dont expect a visit from the Hi so girls here.

At the time i was charged 200bt, and my "date" was free.

Well not everyone go to a nightclub to pick on girls, they are everywhere and it doesnt matter what club you go to. I'm just looking to have a good time, getting crazy and do whatever. Now these are things I cannot do in Monkey or Warm Up because none of them play electronic music, it's either slowmotion rock or thai liveband.

Pardon me, but are you all referring to the Spicy club in BKK or CM?

And is this "Lucky Club" in BKK or CM?

I tend to hang out at the Spicy in BKK, and after 6AM, the Swing bar just across the soi from Spicy, as during the week I work until 3-4 AM sometimes online with US clients and afterwards, I like to grab a drink or two.

I agree, these places are a bit tawdry, but for purposes of an after-work drink, they are OK.

Pardon me, but are you all referring to the Spicy club in BKK or CM?

And is this "Lucky Club" in BKK or CM?

I tend to hang out at the Spicy in BKK, and after 6AM, the Swing bar just across the soi from Spicy, as during the week I work until 3-4 AM sometimes online with US clients and afterwards, I like to grab a drink or two.

I agree, these places are a bit tawdry, but for purposes of an after-work drink, they are OK.

As this is the CHIANG MAI FORUM........ Would be a pretty good indication he is talking about Chiang Mai.

-Mestizo

My idea of hell.

the crew tried monkey club, it was like watching a comedy, nobody could pull.

one guy bailed stag after about an hour, the others left for another venue (stag) after about three hours. they do allow you to take bottles out.

as for spicy, i stopped going there because the waiters liked causing problems with foreigners and would mob and hit people out on the street, and they wore little bow ties and were smart as*ses.

Edited by jacktrip

My idea of hell.

If he's talking about the inside of Monkey Club then there are three exits/entrances.

Was at Mandalay a few years back, spoke Thai and was let in for free. After going once, I never wanted to go in twice. It was quite boring, maybe it was just when I went.

And yes, it's called "Mandagay" for a reason.

Been the Fabrique once in April, they tried to charge me, asked if my Half friend had to pay 150B and told them my money would pay directly to the bar, not a voucher and I got in.

But dam_n were their girls bitchy. I have never had a problem meeting Thais at Riverside/Good View/Warm/Monkey/Infinity/Vision etc etc. But even a hello or cheers was turned down and I was not trying to score a girl, just be friendly to those around my table of friends. I was also dressed in my usual jeans and button down shirt.

Had farang friends who love it there go there on Sat night, turned down the invitation and ended up staying in, was more enjoyable.

I prefer Warm and Riverside for the atmosphere and music. If I have good friends going or a band I like is playing, I will go to monkey. But they pack you in there as others have said.

after reading the majority of farang sentiment regarding thai people on this forum i wouldnt blame them.

My idea of hell.

the crew tried monkey club, it was like watching a comedy, nobody could pull.

one guy bailed stag after about an hour, the others left for another venue (stag) after about three hours. they do allow you to take bottles out.

as for spicy, i stopped going there because the waiters liked causing problems with foreigners and would mob and hit people out on the street, and they wore little bow ties and were smart as*ses.

could this have been an indication that you really aren't...'hansum man"

someones been lying to you.

The whole of the Chiang Mai nightly entertainments sector is being shut down, piece at a time and what`s left is on borrowed time.

These days I am hard pushed to find anywhere decent to go and hardly ever venture out into the town these days.

Did check out the Mandalay sometime ago, a total waste of time and money, so if it`s gone, no great loss.