One For The Fish People, What Type Of Fish Is This.

Certainly not a pla bug

You guys all got it wrong its a pla sawai. Its a cousin of the pla bug. Most fishermen will recognize it. I believe these unlike the pla bug can breed in ponds. Though im not 100% sure of that statement.

Pla sawai striped catfish.

Well i'm certainly not among the guys whom you said that got it wrong as i didn't mention whether it was a Sawai or a Pla Buuk because i merely agreed to Khonwan post on the impossibility of breeding Pla Buuk in a captivity pond... smile.png

Never mind, im just real sure i do a lot of fishing and after a while you really recognize the two. I caught more then 1000 of both species. So yea i think i know what im talking about.

The tail is different, shape of the head.. color of the fins ect.

Sorry if i sounded a bit harsh.

It is for sail in the Phibun market . I will add that it doesn't last in the back of an old pick up . Well , apparently we bought some last year and then went on the large in Ubon ,chez Lance and later chez Ting . Two days later the foot and and half fresh had turned into a ghastly toxic balloon of pure evil . Some ate it in Nadee , but old Yai scoffed .

This is what know, the flesh of a Sawai is tinge yellow and have a sticky fluid on the flesh too... some people said that Pla Buuk at an early age of 3 -4 years old, some do have red colour fin and tail then slowly the reds dissappear to become black with silver... and the fact is a lot of villagers (me included) can't tell the different if the fishes is at this young age until it is cut open, tinge yellow and sticky... confirm Pla Sawai~

Hi RBH. My Pla Buuk are not yet two years old but have never had red fins; they’ve always had a black tail edged with silver. I don’t know if there are indeed variations but I’m inclined to think that those people you mention that say so are themselves also challenged when trying to distinguish between the members of this family of fish. I must admit that, at one stage, I thought I had 44 Pla Buuk before realizing that 22 of my fish are Pla Tapo.

Rgds

Khonwan