Hi guys.

Will try and make this short coming to pattaya 3rd march or earlier got pad bought.

But on a 90 day O visa

I am 52 and asking for help to get me through the minefield of paperwork and nescessary docs required in thailand as it seems all the docs barring the police one from the uk are not valid to apply for the OA visa if anyone from pattaya can show me the way i would appreciate the help and will pay your expenses plus a few extra beers.

Cheers.

Terry. :o

There is no "minefield of paperwork", and no need for any police clearance when you go

to Immigration for a 1 year extension of your "O" visa based on retirement.

Proof of Bt800,000 in a local bank (or pension equivalent), and a simple medical cert

done locally are all that are required. A simple and painless process. :o

The only painfull part is the extraction of 1,900 Baht from your wallet. :D

Naka.

Edited by naka

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys.

Will try and make this short coming to pattaya 3rd march or earlier got pad bought.

But on a 90 day O visa

I am 52 and asking for help to get me through the minefield of paperwork and nescessary docs required in thailand as it seems all the docs barring the police one from the uk are not valid to apply for the OA visa if anyone from pattaya can show me the way i would appreciate the help and will pay your expenses plus a few extra beers.

Cheers.

Terry. :o

Ok thanks for that but could i just deposit the 800,000 baht when i get there or does it have to come from abroad, also final question can i apply for the 1 year extension before the 90 day's have elapsed.

Thanks.

Tel

The extension of stay should be applied for during the last 30 days or your 90 entry.

The money must come from overseas. Set up a wire transfer agreement with your bank and then after you arrive and open an account here have them transfer the funds.

The extension of stay should be applied for during the last 30 days or your 90 entry.

The money must come from overseas. Set up a wire transfer agreement with your bank and then after you arrive and open an account here have them transfer the funds.

Thanks.

So in that case then i actually lose 30 day's or so, or do i advance date the application to start from the 91st day.

think this is my last question and look forward to my trip in 2 day's.

tel.

Lopburi's advise is good, you should take it. :D

If you go for your 1 year extension 30 days before your 90 day O expires then

you may lose the last 30 days of your 90 day visa ... But so what ! :o

Anyway, you can also wait till the very last day of your 90 day visa, if you insist.

Naka.

Edited by naka

You "lose" all the time you have been in the country. Your first extension of stay will end the day before you arrived in Thailand on your current stay stamp - so for most people will be 9+ months. Following years it will be for the full 12 months.