Nic's Restaurant And Playground

DaamNaam

Nic's restaurant and playground has just opened. Fantastic food and drinks, tapas, pizzas. Open from 8.30 to 5.30. It's on the Ratchapruek Rd almost opposite Kao Mao Kao Fang in Nong Kwai.

It has a very extensive menu, and also a fun kids menu.

The playground is without a doubt the best one in Chiang Mai.

A breath of fresh air for the Chiang Mai restaurant scene.

This is not my restaurant BTW, just a happy customer.

• Like 2

Interesting! Thanks for posting. Good and safe playgrounds are always welcome, the food could be a nice addition.

What sort of pricing?

The food is great, unlike anything I've had here before.

Pricing is great, more than reasonable. They have an opening promotion on now too. Not sure of the details though.

Interesting looking concept and set up, but kids being kids, I would be a little concerned about the height of the ladders and slipping on the bamboo rungs, especially if a little wet. Am all for kids having a separate place to play at restaurants, but I would feel a little concern. A child breaking a leg is not a pleasant thing to think about.

G

Interesting looking concept and set up, but kids being kids, I would be a little concerned about the height of the ladders and slipping on the bamboo rungs, especially if a little wet. Am all for kids having a separate place to play at restaurants, but I would feel a little concern. A child breaking a leg is not a pleasant thing to think about.

G

The treated bamboo is no more slippery than normal steel playground equipment. There was 60 kids there on opening day and nobody got hurt.

At least they somewhere for the kids, being a family restaurant and all.

we tried it yesterday afternoon, and they have had to close the restaurant until Friday due to some teething problems. Looked good though, and the kids had a good play. They were in the process of removing the lower rung on the high ladder to stop the small kids climbing it.

The opening hours quoted above are for the coffee house section. The restaurant opens late afternoon until late in the evening.

Their also appears to be a car wash next door at 100 Baht a wash which could be handy while you eat / play.

Iain

• Like 1

Looking at the pictures, I'm not 100% convinced of the safety of the bamboo playground stuff. Bamboo can have sharp edges, and some of the joints use rope where kids can get their fingers stuck. Also bamboo is likely to split or joints to fail. Haven't seen it for real though, so I hope there is no reason for concern.

Looking at the pictures, I'm not 100% convinced of the safety of the bamboo playground stuff. Bamboo can have sharp edges, and some of the joints use rope where kids can get their fingers stuck. Also bamboo is likely to split or joints to fail. Haven't seen it for real though, so I hope there is no reason for concern.

Go and have a look. You might surprise yourself.

CLC don't build the type of structure you have in your minds eye.

Panyaden school has been open nearly two years and apart from a few normal scrapes and bruises there have been no "bamboo accidents".

And the parents are "always" watching.wink.png

• Like 1

Easiest way to find it, around the corner from Yummy pizza& Francesca's, up the road from Mr,Chan & miss Pauline,almost opposite Coaches pizza, this is becoming a real fine food Area!

Almost opposite Kao Mao Kao Fang too.

Starting to be like Lygon Street, Melbourne. And that's a good thing.thumbsup.gif

What's your opinion the playground equipment that is constructed with thin square cross section steel pipe? Safe?

Easiest way to find it, around the corner from Yummy pizza& Francesca's, up the road from Mr,Chan & miss Pauline,almost opposite Coaches pizza, this is becoming a real fine food Area!

Almost opposite Kao Mao Kao Fang too.

Starting to be like Lygon Street, Melbourne. And that's a good thing.thumbsup.gif

Homesick? ;)

Thanks for the tip, looks like a nice place to spend an afternoon. I'll bring along my own little safety beta tester as soon as time permits.

• Like 1

No small ones to test out the bamboo vs. pc approved climbing equipment at Nic's..but I'd like to get a word in for Yummy around the corner, since the owner posted above.

No, I have no financial interest, and no, it matters zero that they are a TV sponsor.

I've been there about 5 times, and have to say it is the shizzle in the minizzle.

Great pizza, and other dishes, nice large portions, excellent salads and a very cool garden ambiance.

I think I'm allowed one plug a month, and this is it...licklips.gif

• Like 2

visited nic's for the second time today and definitely not the last time:

great food & coffee (!!!),

relaxing atmosphere,

the kids just love the place.

The coffee is Albert's Alti brand. He blends it himself.

Ate there last night, Mrs & I: 750 baht. Low for this type of food, high if you compare to Thai food. Food was very good and their Pizzas (I don't eat the things) are good value at circa 200. The playground: Too old to try it, but they stopped the kids from playing there in the wet. Overall, a great addition to the eateries in this area and a very different approach. I say: Good luck to them and hope they succeed!

• Like 1

Another thumbs up for this place. Play area is great for kids. Seating in the restaurant is comfortable. Food was quite good. Pizzas with very thin crust, nicely cooked. The house salad has fresh ripe ingredients. Tomato soup was amazing. Will definitely go back.

• Like 1

Had my lunch there today, had a raw food broccoli/cauliflower salad, excellent quality, delicious dressing. 130 b.

The smoothy from carrot, ginger and apple was also good, I like an obvious ginger taste. 60 b.

Lot of falang with their children, that playground is a smart idea. Then there came a family with their grandparents and for one moment I thought these oldies wanted to play too but they were only on their way to the toilets.

I go back for sure.

Edited by Joop50
  • Like 1