Blasts From The Past - 50S,60S And 70S Music

Ron19

He was on fire in the 70s

Irish Tour 74' [emoji256]- a wonderful documentary of a wonderful guitarist.

The legend goes :
When a journalist asked Jimi Hendrix " what does it feel like to be the best guitarist in the world ?"
He replied with " you best ask that question to Rory Gallagher !"
  • Like 1

To me the Irish tour 74  is rock blues at its very best. The version of I Wonder Who  is a knockout. Personally I don't go for that supposed quote by Hendrix. Hendrix's  playing is striving to go beyond this world, up in the stratosphere dazzling all and sundry whilst Rory is always in this world, driving the rhythm forward  with catchy riffs whilst adding superb melodies and guitar breaks. Tom yam kung or somtam, both are a joy.

• Like 1

Nowadays they say girls are hot but cool sounds so much more sophisticated. She's nice looking morrobay, but I think the singer on the far left of The Shirelles, the first singer of the song 'Will you still love me tomorrow ?' on the other music thread, ID9478 page 380 is simply a classic beauty imo. I would have loved her tomorrow for sure but sadly I was only 5 in 1960.

21 hours ago, bannork said:

Nowadays they say girls are hot but cool sounds so much more sophisticated. She's nice looking morrobay, but I think the singer on the far left of The Shirelles, the first singer of the song 'Will you still love me tomorrow ?' on the other music thread, ID9478 page 380 is simply a classic beauty imo. I would have loved her tomorrow for sure but sadly I was only 5 in 1960.

Check it out : Not necessarily about looks/hot.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_(aesthetic)

Edited by morrobay
correct

6 hours ago, morrobay said:

Check it out : Not necessarily about looks/hot.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_(aesthetic)

Yes, as a teen we used to say, 'Hey, that's cool man, 'which simply meant approval in some form.

'He's really cool' meant to us a guy was handsome/ had many girls interested in him/ was individualistic/ anti authority in some way in our heads). Being English, I don't think we ever called girls cool, it was more of a guy thing.

Peter Fonda was cool, John Kay more so imo- right a freedom fighter, tough yet also sensitive.