Son Of Red Bull Executive Arrested For Alleged Fatal Hit-And-Run Against Police

webfact

I know it's sickening to most of us, but money can make problems suddenly disappear. Perhaps the family of the policeman will be happy with a few hundred thou. in their bank account. I'd want that ferrari actually, along with a jail term for the guilty. Afterall they can't afford an expensive civil court case that could drag on years. If he can't pay he'll go to jail, which we know won't happen.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still haven't seen any mention of the age of the driver.... Presumably not a minor...but who knows...

But the family involved here outranks the Honda Civic expressway teenage driver by miles and miles...

Meanwhile, thanks to Arkady for his recitation of police officers who've been ended by politically connected folks, I'm presuming with little legal consequence.

Wonder what will happen to the Police Lt. Gen's public pledge above to step down if he fails to bring the motorcycle officer's killer to justice?

Although this is a high profile case, it could just be that it was an accident. How many times have I not seen the police motosai just pull into traffic right in front of cars.

Most people here panic when they have been in accident and just flee, even when not at fault.

Just sayin'...

first reaction - flee. Acceptable?

second reaction - offer to buy your way out. Acceptable?

Absolutely not. I did not say that either, nor imply it.

Still haven't seen any mention of the age of the driver.... Presumably not a minor...but who knows...

But the family involved here outranks the Honda Civic expressway teenage driver by miles and miles...

Meanwhile, thanks to Arkady for his recitation of police officers who've been ended by politically connected folks, I'm presuming with little legal consequence.

Wonder what will happen to the Police Lt. Gen's public pledge above to step down if he fails to bring the motorcycle officer's killer to justice?

that would depend on his definition of the word 'justice' wink.png

" Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrajang .................to rush to the house and hold a talk with Chalerm for about an hour."

With enough money you can buy your way out of anything in Thailand. Combine wealth with political power, they'll even change the law for you.

correction: "... change the constitution!"

Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit is actually seeking justice for this deceased man. He could have so easily continued the cover up. Justice will probably not happen however I commend him on trying.

How do know this? Where you present at the hour long meeting between him and Chalerm? Why was a meeting necessary between the police commissioner and the killer's father? The commissioner would be busy man if he had to attend a lengthy meeting with the father of every drunk driver who kills someone in the city.

Post deleted by Pimay1.

Edited by Pimay1

Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit is actually seeking justice for this deceased man. He could have so easily continued the cover up. Justice will probably not happen however I commend him on trying.

I commend Kamronwit also.

I think this incident will be public and interesting.

Draged the poor patrolmans body and motorcycle from Sukumvit soi 49 to soi 53, 290 metres

Left a nice “oil trail” right to the garage door.

Gee;; and the local slogan is “Red Bull hits the target”

The tide will turn one day, I suspect it won't be pretty when it does.

Agree, the day will come, not tomorrow, but not too far into the near future when the middle class voice will stand up and demand this all changes.

I made the same comment a few years ago and was critised by some TV members for doing so, seems I was being arrogant.

I agree that this guy will probably walk after paying compensation to the affected parties, who know the late officers family may get something, I suspect they will be way down the pecking order though.

Red Bull will be 25% more costly next month...

• Like 1

If all the motorbikes stick to the left most lane as stipulated by the law, I am quite sure such accident could be greatly reduced, if not eradicated all together.

Sorry for the police man.

In which lane did this accident happen?

And to be completely honest it does not matter where it happened.

This motorbike has been hit from behind (unless proven otherwise by now), and the responsibility lies on the car that hit!

• Like 1

Red Bull scion arrested in deadly hit-and-run

Bangkok, Sept 3, 2012 (AFP) - Thai police have arrested the Ferrari-driving grandson of the co-creator of the Red Bull energy drink on suspicion of killing a policeman in a hit-and-run collision on Monday, officials said.

The suspect, 27-year-old Worayuth Yoovidhya, is accused of hitting the police officer, who was on a motorcycle, and dragging the body about 100 metres (330 feet) down a main road at around dawn in the capital Bangkok.

"We traced the gasoline trail which leaked onto the road until it led us to the house with the Ferrari," said police Lieutenant Colonel Viradol Thubthimdee of Thonglor police station, where Worayuth was taken for questioning.

"He will be charged with causing death by driving and failing to stop and inform the authorities, with a maximum penalty of 10 years' imprisonment and a fine," Viradol said, adding that Worayuth denied the accusation.

His grandfather Chaleo Yoovidhya was one of Thailand's richest men thanks to the global success of the Red Bull empire that he co-founded with Austrian Dietrich Mateschitz in the 1980s. Chaleo died in March aged 89.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-09-03

If the sentence for this irresponsible creature is ridiculous and odds are that it will be, boycotting the product would be a good idea. It's getting more than tedious that you can buy your way-out of crimes...inevitably, he'll never get away with it.

I totally agree with the boycott - that's the only thing they understand is when you touch their money - being responsible is the key - does or could anyone really think the money being paid to cover it up with a "scapegoat driver' came from "Boss" - nope - that money is from Red-Bull sales - I for one will not ever buy the product again

Well it was 5.30AM he could have had a teeny weeny drinky poos and maybe the brakes on the Ferrari were a bit dicky and ready for a service. You cant drive a Ferrari after a drink I know it .. So wasnt his fault then,---- phew I knew there was a way out.

Hey,-- did any one photo the dog that ran across the street?

Give em a couple of days and we will learn the truth, the real truth and nothing but the truth. Well,--- kinda.

Amazing how many Forum Members have tried and sentenced Boss, without knowing the details of the accident. Agree it doesn't look good that a cover-up has already been attempted, but it does not say "ipso facto" he is guilty. There just might be other factors that need to be considered in the case. C'mon "peps" engage brain before hitting the keyboard.sad.png

Just making comments based on the details known and reported to date . . . what's wrong with that?

It's a public forum here isn't it . . . or are we all supposed to keep our thoughts and opinions to ourselves now????

You have no idea whether what's been reported is true.

Amazing how many Forum Members have tried and sentenced Boss, without knowing the details of the accident. Agree it doesn't look good that a cover-up has already been attempted, but it does not say "ipso facto" he is guilty. There just might be other factors that need to be considered in the case. C'mon "peps" engage brain before hitting the keyboard.sad.png

Just making comments based on the details known and reported to date . . . what's wrong with that?

It's a public forum here isn't it . . . or are we all supposed to keep our thoughts and opinions to ourselves now????

You have no idea whether what's been reported is true.

Can you be certain about the truth being reported in any media about any subject at all???

Fact is, that we are given some bits and pieces here in the forum by local newspapers and try to get our head around it. If topics are not to be discussed because we don't know the whole scope of any story in question, you can also request the forum to be closed for good, since - for most topics - we all are just speculating and dropping in our two cents here.

If only topics were to be discussed of which all members know every single detail, the forum would be a very quiet one, don't you think?

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

How do know this? Where you present at the hour long meeting between him and Chalerm? Why was a meeting necessary between the police commissioner and the killer's father? The commissioner would be busy man if he had to attend a lengthy meeting with the father of every drunk driver who kills someone in the city.

no, he based his statement on a news report quoted in this thread.http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/581573-son-of-red-bull-executive-arrested-for-alleged-fatal-hit-and-run-against-police/page__st__75#entry5630434

you however have introduced the notion that the driver was drunk based on no evidence at all.

What can you expect? That underage female driver who caused the deaths of several people in the tollway incident barely got a slap on the wrist and she is nowhere near as well connected as this fellow.

Of course it is true --the police said it is. What are you suggesting that the police would cover up? dear oh dear. You think this is some kind of lawless country with all its industrial might with massive car manufacturers and deep sea ports that the police would let us down!! oh dear oh dear no no no.

You must be think about Jet ski police.

I think this case presents an interesting quandary for the police folks...

Normally, the BIB would more than happy to roll over for the benefit of some hi-so kid whose family would be willing to pony up the dosh to make the death of some "nobody" quickly vanish from the legal system.

But in this case, the victim/fatality isn't just some schlub on the street, but one of their own not-so-little fraternity.

So where will the BIB's allegiance stand in this case: toward their normal economic self-interest, or toward justice for a fallen comrade?

Going to be very interesting to hear the outcome...if we ever do...

It does also present a quandry for many Thai Visa members it seems. Who do they hate more, the BIB or people richer than them ?

Decisions, decisions.

Or in other cases people percieved to be richer than them.

All we know so far is there has been a car/motorbike crash. Yet they are judging because they have never had a road accident and of course they wouldn't pooh themselves and panic if they had just had one in which a member of the Thai police force had died.

By why ruin a good rich versus poor story and find the facts and not just what the papers have reported/selected to report/ got their information wrong to sell them.

Does anyone know how old the son (driver) is?

What model Ferrari is that? FF?

Perhaps it was new and he was unfamiliar with both the extraordinary power and controls (clutch specifically)?

Not that this excuses any blame in the original incident or subsequent flight.

BTW I do understand the flight as it might be easy to imagine immediate justice being dispensed on the scene, by an outraged crowd.

Looks like Clarkson's favourite model; a Ferrari 458 Italia.

Below is Ossie Osbourne in his.

Ozzy-Osbourne-Ferrari-4581.jpg

No his is the "2011-2012 Ferrari FF" the 458 Italia has different grille and bonnet (hood), but the headlights look the same.