• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crime inspector of Thonglor police station seconded for trying arrest scapegoat

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrajang Monday seconded Pol Lt Col Pannapon Nammuang, a crime suppression inspector of Thonglor Police station, to an inactive position at the Metropolitan Police.

Kamronwit said Pannapon tried to have someone to pretend to be the driver of the car that hit and killed Pol Sen Sgt Maj Wichien Klanprasert of Thonglor police station.

"This was unacceptable for him to set up for an arrest of a scapegoat. He ignored the death of his subordinate," Kamronwit said.

Kamronwit said Pannapon would be indefinitely seconded to the Metropolitan Police head office.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-03

After such events I always think that now I have had it all, but every time again Thailand keeps amazing me.

Crime inspector of Thonglor police station seconded for trying arrest scapegoat

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrajang Monday seconded Pol Lt Col Pannapon Nammuang, a crime suppression inspector of Thonglor Police station, to an inactive position at the Metropolitan Police.

Kamronwit said Pannapon tried to have someone to pretend to be the driver of the car that hit and killed Pol Sen Sgt Maj Wichien Klanprasert of Thonglor police station.

"This was unacceptable for him to set up for an arrest of a scapegoat. He ignored the death of his subordinate," Kamronwit said.

Kamronwit said Pannapon would be indefinitely seconded to the Metropolitan Police head office.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-03

It would seem that the Lt Col has been rewarded. He has been sent to an inactive post. So that means he has no work to do now and will continue to draw full pay...sweet. Miracle Thailand.

I don't know, but it certainly brings to mind a poster I had hanging in my garage.

There's a few posters on TV that I wouldn't mind hanging in my garagew00t.gif sorry folks that was meant as a joke - I don't have a garage!!!

Good one, don't apologize!. Get a garage and I'll volunteer to hang[out].

You forget he will have to give back that fat envelope for failing to secure the said scapegoat. His dreams of riches have been dashed poor fellow. Now he is stuck in a desk job wondering what may have been....

From the BBC report.

Police chief Lt Gen Comronwit Toopgrajank himself went to the family's estate on Monday as part of the investigation.

"A policeman is dead. I can't let this stand. I don't care how powerful they are. If I can't get the actual man in this case, I will resign," he told reporters, according to AP news agency.

I have a feeling this case won't necessarily go the same way. Coming so soon after the little girl Si Ayutthaya got off with no meaningful punishment, given that the police, who have been rumoured to get away with murder, have had one of there's killed, given that Thaksin is police bred and may well get involved financially (assuming the Red Bull family are yellow) to compensate the family, we may see a full on prosecution.

I know, I live in cloud cukoo land, but I like to think things are getting better.

Shave the brats head, have him take robes for a month, apologise, payoffs to the victims family (about 20,000 Baht is acceptable from past experience), repair the Ferrari and all will be forgotten. But let's not forget the nasty policeman who was arranging the 'substitute driver'. He gets moved 'out' so no one will be able to get to him and this is punishment?

And what was spoilt brat in a Ferrari doing at 0530, did we forget to do the drink drive, drugs - urine test?

T.i.T... angry.pngpost-4641-1156693976.gif

It will be fascinating to see how this plays out, as this is truly a battle of the titans. One one side, a certified member of the wealthy ruling class in Thailand who never seem to be punished for anything. On the other side, a high ranking member of one of the largest and most powerful mafia organizations in the world, the Thai police, has been killed. If history is any example, I would have to lay my money with the ruling elite.

On a side note, the policeman admitting he tried to set someone else up as the driver is an interesting bit of news. Guess the police stitching someone up is no longer an urban myth. :-)

I'm reminded of a scene in 'Brideshead revisited'

A week later when Sebastian came up for trial he was fined ten pounds.

The newspapers reported it with painful prominence, one of them under the ironic headline:

'Marquis' son unused to wine'. The magistrate said that it was only through the prompt

action of the police that he was not up on a grave charge.

'It is purely by good fortune that you do not bear the responsibility of a serious accident...'

Mr Samgrass gave evidence that Sebastian bore an irreproachable character and that a brilliant future at the University was in jeopardy. The papers took hold of this too -

'Model Student's Career at Stake. But for Mr Samgrass's evidence, said the magistrate, he would have been disposed to give an exemplary sentence; the law was the same for an Oxford undergraduate as for any young hooligan; indeed the better the home the more shameful the offence...

Brideshead Revisited

Copyright © 1945 by Evelyn Waugh

Edited by rubl

I'm sure this is all just a misunderstanding and we'll never hear of it again.

Yes, a misunderstanding.. he didn't notice the broken windshield or the crushed front end. He thought he had hit a bird. Or he thought he hit a motorcycle taxi driver. blink.png

• Like 1

Given the AP story in post #161 and the quote from Police Lt. Gen. Comronwit Toopgrajank "A policeman is dead. I can't let this stand. If I let this case get away, I'd rather quit," he told reporters. "I don't care how powerful they are. If I can't get the actual man in this case, I will resign." it could well be that in this particular instance the victim's family will receive justice.

Sadly not.

If you can't bribe the police, it doesn't mean you will be convicted, it just means the price goes up.

Shave the brats head, have him take robes for a month, apologise, payoffs to the victims family (about 20,000 Baht is acceptable from past experience), repair the Ferrari and all will be forgotten. But let's not forget the nasty policeman who was arranging the 'substitute driver'. He gets moved 'out' so no one will be able to get to him and this is punishment?

And what was spoilt brat in a Ferrari doing at 0530, did we forget to do the drink drive, drugs - urine test?

T.i.T... angry.pngpost-4641-1156693976.gif

That will be given as, an all night study session with friends for an exam. (I am sure at 27 he will suddenly appear on a Masters or PhD course somewhere.)

I know for certain many things that were reported on the minibus crash weren't true and pretty much everything regurgitation on this and other websites was complete horse poop, but it made a good rich versus poor story and if you go back to when the reports when the accident happened you'll see things about it were selectively left out when after the rich v poor story got going.

I know nothing of this case the same as everyone else. But go ahead condemn a man when all you know is that he's had a car crash.

its not the car crash that is the problem, it his continuing to drive after the crash dragging the policeman with him, then heading to daddys house, clearly contacting a 'friendly' policeman who helped arrange a fall guy to take the rap, none of this is in dispute as far as I am aware.

As for the cause of the crash, who knows? but one would feel that a wealthy man here would stop and give an explanation if he was not at fault safe in the knowledge that there would be no stitch up by the police.

Do we know that's true?

The last sentence is sarcasm ?

You seem intent on obfuscating the entire issue. You question everything when there is obviously significant evidence that you don't even bother to address in some kind of concession statement. There was a car. It has the marks of having hit a motorcycle on it. The trail of gas leaking out of the car as it fled the scene, led to the house of the (descendants) of the second richest man in Thailand. A police officer has already stepped in to try and redirect blame. He was punished and this all was reported in the media. Yes, perhaps their is some great scheme behind the scenes, and the actual driver was Boss' father (who thought he could lay the blame, selfishly, on his son and then bribe the release to ensure a gentle hand from authorities). It's all plausible, but why should anyone doubt the official report in this case when it's the son of a major, hi-so Thai that allegedly committed the crime? I've watched the Thai police in action. They aren't as surgically precise as they'd like to think. And why would anyone in that family sell out their "precious" son? Have you seen how Thai people coddle their sons?

And since you seem to be so much more eminently knowledgeable than your average TV member, why not indulge with some of the tidbits you supposedly know about the Honda Civic expressway accident?

• Like 1

This news has gone global

http://www.bbc.co.uk...=PublicRSS20-sa

Yeah but we have our own spoiled killer brats in flash cars too, we call them footballers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-19455395

My money would be on more chance of justice being served in the UK and that none of the police investigating tried to setup a patsy to protect the real driver.

• Like 1

5 AM in morning, might be drunk...

More pictures here :

http://www.dailynews...th/crime/153092

I assume it is the young man in the blue shirt who is being arrested and it is obvious that he shows no contrition whatsoever for what has happened.

I think if I were a common Thai that I would urge everyone that I knew to boycott purchasing Red Bull until justice has been done; and the expatriate members of TV who are aware and consume the product should do so also.

• Like 1

More pictures here :

I assume it is the young man in the blue shirt who is being arrested and it is obvious that he shows no contrition whatsoever for what has happened.

I think if I were a common Thai that I would urge everyone that I knew to boycott purchasing Red Bull until justice has been done; and the expatriate members of TV who are aware and consume the product should do so also.

OK, I will start.

I don't drink Redbull untill justice has prevailed.Any more followers?

Edited by JanKlaasen
  • Like 2

More pictures here :

OK, I will start.

I don't drink Redbull untill justice has prevailed.Any more followers?

If you wait for any kind of justice to prevail in Thailand you will be off it for life !

• Like 1

More pictures here :

no contrition? Who are you to decide what contrition does or does not look like on the face of someone you have never met?

More pictures here :

Well I refer you all back to the teacher and rowdy students thread, if that little sh@t had been given a clip round the ear when he was young and taught some respect this may not have happened. If I was the judge now I'd give the kid a suspended sentence - suspended from the nearest tree branch available. He has no remorse that he took a human life.

More pictures here :

Well I refer you all back to the teacher and rowdy students thread, if that little sh@t had been given a clip round the ear when he was young and taught some respect this may not have happened. If I was the judge now I'd give the kid a suspended sentence - suspended from the nearest tree branch available. He has no remorse that he took a human life.

Officially, other than leaving the scene you don't even know what laws he has broken. Someone died, and but knowing the quality of driving for motorcycle s in Thailand what odds that the policeman wasn't driving incorrectly.

There is probably a better than 30 percent chance that the rear light of the bike wasn't on, and or was faulty.

More pictures here :

Not really sure which side the " common Thai" would fall upon. To them, the elites lead lives of power the average Thai could scarcely comprehend. But they are also victims of a life time of shakedowns by the police. So if you expect huge numbers of "common Thais" marching in righteous indignation over the death of a policeman, you could be in for a long wait. :-)

Edited by EyesWideOpen

RT @tukky_nt: The car that hit and killed the ThongLor's policeman: http://yfrog.com/z/nvvydpngj via @Diaw_NBC

f1.jpeg

Was he pissed when he hit him?, he must have been tanking down the road! Nice car also. Probably has another two at home. Don't worry daddy will foot the bill, you'll just get the foot.

I hope the justice system places some responsibility on him rather than shying away from wealth. But I have no doubt about my doubts.

Those cops are drooling at the mouth. Or they have never seen a car like it before.

This is how I reckon it went "Ok he hit him there and he landed there" "No wait he landed there and he hit him there" "better call that lady with the funny hair, its a mystery"

Edited by blueshark

More pictures here :

I don't drink this (red) bullshit drink but you are correct, boycott is the best way...

• Like 1

already tried a cover up in the police station

http://www.nationmul...e-30189618.html

From the referenced article

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrajang Monday seconded Pol Lt Col Pannapon Nammuang, a crime suppression inspector of Thonglor Police station, to an inactive position at the Metropolitan Police.

As an inactive position is still a fully paid role, is the only real penalty that he will be removed from the tea money payments supply chain?

Who knows? But to bash so early -simple1-?

Its already something, positive, that they did not let Mr.Nammuang succeed with the cover up and Mr.Thoopkrajang could have participated already.

I have said before and now is the time to repeat. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who flees the scene of an accident, should have a mandatory 10 year prison sentence in addition to anything warranted for causing the accident.

NOBODY SHOULD BE EXEMPT.

Think twice,

a possible drunk or/and reckless Thai who,

without care, turning light and looking in the mirror-no have? or over his right shoulder,

changes lanes in the fastest possible way

and ankle from the left Motorbike Highway lane to the right side, crossing two lanes to possible make a u-turn.

I was driving on the right Highway lane as I was preparing to overtake a car.

The motorbike driver leaned towards and on my car, scratching my car on the whole left side, front to back and fell down behind me,

as there was nothing to lean on than.

Got up on his feet behind me, as I saw in the mirror.

Without my careful breaking it was a good chance, I would have driven over him.

That, for him, life saving breaking and the time I lost repairing the full insured car (2 weeks), was already enough good will.

I did not stop. Thais would say, Som nam na!

Cavallino Motors, the sole official importer of Ferrari Spa in Thailand

http://www.cavallino.co.th/home.aspx

Details of the Yoovidhya family's role in the company.

CAVALLINO MOTORS CO., LTD

2124 New Petchburi Road, Bangkok 10310 Thailand

“Cavallino Motors Co., Ltd is jointly invested by Mr. Vudha Bhirombhakdi & me. We are both fascinate and fond of Ferrari. We’re so proud that Ferrari contacted us to be a sole authorized dealer in Thailand and to service Ferrari’s cars. I really appreciate that they rely on and have confidence in us which makes us more challenging. My team & I have good intention and great passion for Ferrari.” says Mr. Chalerm Yoovidhya, of Cavallino Motors Co., Ltd.

“I am the president of Cavallino Group while Mr. Vudha is the chairman. Mr.Voravud Bhirombhakdi and Mr. Varit Yoovidhya are the vice-presidents while Mrs. Nandhamalee Bhirombhakdi is a managing director. We truly assured you for our reputation and guarantee our world-class standard services for Ferrari. ”

From the company website:

http://www.cavallino.co.th/press.aspx

Too bad the Democrats aren't in power... the Bhirombhakdis are very public backers of the Democrat Party, and the Bhirombhakdis (Singha Beer) and the Yoovidhyas (Red Bull) are very close.