Son Of Red Bull Executive Arrested For Alleged Fatal Hit-And-Run Against Police

webfact

What can you expect? That underage female driver who caused the deaths of several people in the tollway incident barely got a slap on the wrist and she is nowhere near as well connected as this fellow.

Umm she was about as connected as you can possibly get in this country. Do a little research on who her daddy and uncle are. They kept well out of the spot light and did all the grubby work to make sure their little darling never had to spend a few years eating maggots.

• Like 1

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this case presents an interesting quandary for the police folks...

Normally, the BIB would more than happy to roll over for the benefit of some hi-so kid whose family would be willing to pony up the dosh to make the death of some "nobody" quickly vanish from the legal system.

But in this case, the victim/fatality isn't just some schlub on the street, but one of their own not-so-little fraternity.

So where will the BIB's allegiance stand in this case: toward their normal economic self-interest, or toward justice for a fallen comrade?

Going to be very interesting to hear the outcome...if we ever do...

It does also present a quandry for many Thai Visa members it seems. Who do they hate more, the BIB or people richer than them ?

Decisions, decisions.

Or in other cases people percieved to be richer than them.

All we know so far is there has been a car/motorbike crash. Yet they are judging because they have never had a road accident and of course they wouldn't pooh themselves and panic if they had just had one in which a member of the Thai police force had died.

By why ruin a good rich versus poor story and find the facts and not just what the papers have reported/selected to report/ got their information wrong to sell them.

what amuses me most is that many a TV member has admitted in a previous thread that they think very little of getting behind the wheel after a few ales.

schadenfreude brings the members here out in droves, this kind of event is more entertainment than most have seen all month

• Like 1

Although this is a high profile case, it could just be that it was an accident. How many times have I not seen the police motosai just pull into traffic right in front of cars.

Most people here panic when they have been in accident and just flee, even when not at fault.

Just sayin'...

Then rather than apologize and send condolences to the family he decided to pay for someone else to take the blame.

Should we put this down to yet more panic as this is a high profile case ?

Just sayin'..

Amazing how many Forum Members have tried and sentenced Boss, without knowing the details of the accident. Agree it doesn't look good that a cover-up has already been attempted, but it does not say "ipso facto" he is guilty. There just might be other factors that need to be considered in the case. C'mon "peps" engage brain before hitting the keyboard.sad.png

Just making comments based on the details known and reported to date . . . what's wrong with that?

It's a public forum here isn't it . . . or are we all supposed to keep our thoughts and opinions to ourselves now????

You have no idea whether what's been reported is true.

Can you be certain about the truth being reported in any media about any subject at all???

Fact is, that we are given some bits and pieces here in the forum by local newspapers and try to get our head around it. If topics are not to be discussed because we don't know the whole scope of any story in question, you can also request the forum to be closed for good, since - for most topics - we all are just speculating and dropping in our two cents here.

If only topics were to be discussed of which all members know every single detail, the forum would be a very quiet one, don't you think?

I know for certain many things that were reported on the minibus crash weren't true and pretty much everything regurgitation on this and other websites was complete horse poop, but it made a good rich versus poor story and if you go back to when the reports when the accident happened you'll see things about it were selectively left out when after the rich v poor story got going.

I know nothing of this case the same as everyone else. But go ahead condemn a man when all you know is that he's had a car crash.

Normally, the BIB would more than happy to roll over for the benefit of some hi-so kid whose family would be willing to pony up the dosh to make the death of some "nobody" quickly vanish from the legal system.

But in this case, the victim/fatality isn't just some schlub on the street, but one of their own not-so-little fraternity.

So where will the BIB's allegiance stand in this case: toward their normal economic self-interest, or toward justice for a fallen comrade?

It does also present a quandry for many Thai Visa members it seems. Who do they hate more, the BIB or people richer than them ?

Decisions, decisions.

All we know so far is there has been a car/motorbike crash. Yet they are judging because they have never had a road accident and of course they wouldn't pooh themselves and panic if they had just had one in which a member of the Thai police force had died.

By why ruin a good rich versus poor story and find the facts and not just what the papers have reported/selected to report/ got their information wrong to sell them.

what amuses me most is that many a TV member has admitted in a previous thread that they think very little of getting behind the wheel after a few ales.

schadenfreude brings the members here out in droves, this kind of event is more entertainment than most have seen all month

Just because a few members admit to being idiotic <deleted> don't tar all of us with the same brush.

• Like 2

Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit is actually seeking justice for this deceased man. He could have so easily continued the cover up. Justice will probably not happen however I commend him on trying.

I commend Kamronwit also.

I think this incident will be public and interesting.

Draged the poor patrolmans body and motorcycle from Sukumvit soi 49 to soi 53, 290 metres

Left a nice “oil trail” right to the garage door.

Gee;; and the local slogan is “Red Bull hits the target”

Perhaps the boy was watching F1 with friends then went on for more drinks and then went out for a bit of spirited driving of his own, feel sorry for him, used to do the same thing but I was lucky I never ran anyone over.

What can you expect? That underage female driver who caused the deaths of several people in the tollway incident barely got a slap on the wrist and she is nowhere near as well connected as this fellow.

Umm she was about as connected as you can possibly get in this country. Do a little research on who her daddy and uncle are. They kept well out of the spot light and did all the grubby work to make sure their little darling never had to spend a few years eating maggots.

You're barking up the wrong tree.

I know for certain many things that were reported on the minibus crash weren't true and pretty much everything regurgitation on this and other websites was complete horse poop, but it made a good rich versus poor story and if you go back to when the reports when the accident happened you'll see things about it were selectively left out when after the rich v poor story got going.

I know nothing of this case the same as everyone else. But go ahead condemn a man when all you know is that he's had a car crash.

its not the car crash that is the problem, it his continuing to drive after the crash dragging the policeman with him, then heading to daddys house, clearly contacting a 'friendly' policeman who helped arrange a fall guy to take the rap, none of this is in dispute as far as I am aware.

As for the cause of the crash, who knows? but one would feel that a wealthy man here would stop and give an explanation if he was not at fault safe in the knowledge that there would be no stitch up by the police.

Decisions, decisions.

Just because a few members admit to being idiotic <deleted> don't tar all of us with the same brush.

True.

Here is the AP story.

Red Bull heir suspected in deadly hit-and-run

Associated Press – 30 mins ago

BANGKOK (AP) — A grandson of the creator of the Red Bull energy drink is suspected of driving the charcoal Ferrari that struck and killed a policeman and then dragged the officer's body down a Bangkok street in an early-morning, hit-and-run accident, police said Monday.

Police took Vorayuth Yoovidhya, believed to be in his late 20s, for questioning Monday after tracing oil streaks for several blocks to his family's gated estate in a wealthy neighborhood of the Thai capital.

Full story: http://www.boston.com/news/world/asia/2012/09/03/red-bull-heir-suspected-deadly-hit-and-run/GaNz9mk3cROhElRjgkvRyI/story.html

Edited by webfact
Link added and reduced to fait use /Admin

its not the car crash that is the problem, it his continuing to drive after the crash dragging the policeman with him, then heading to daddys house, clearly contacting a 'friendly' policeman who helped arrange a fall guy to take the rap, none of this is in dispute as far as I am aware.

As for the cause of the crash, who knows? but one would feel that a wealthy man here would stop and give an explanation if he was not at fault safe in the knowledge that there would be no stitch up by the police.

Do we know that's true?

The last sentence is sarcasm ?

Do we know that's true?

The last sentence is sarcasm ?

We know there was a crash, we know that a policeman was dragged by the car to his death, we know the driver drove to the home of his father, we know a police officer has been removed for trying to organise a fall guy. the crash was witnessed as was the ferrari entering the house compound by a motorcycle taxi driver, there was also a trail of fuel to the house from the accident.

What we don't know is the cause of the crash although there are witnesses that has not been reported yet.

Decisions, decisions.

So true.

I wonder how safe it is for Ozzy Osbourne to be in control of a supercar ?

Here is the AP story.

Red Bull heir suspected in deadly hit-and-run

Associated Press – 30 mins ago

BANGKOK (AP) — A grandson of the creator of the Red Bull energy drink is suspected of driving the charcoal Ferrari that struck and killed a policeman and then dragged the officer's body down a Bangkok street in an early-morning, hit-and-run accident, police said Monday.

Police took Vorayuth Yoovidhya, believed to be in his late 20s, for questioning Monday after tracing oil streaks for several blocks to his family's gated estate in a wealthy neighborhood of the Thai capital.

Full story: http://www.boston.com/news/world/asia/2012/09/03/red-bull-heir-suspected-deadly-hit-and-run/GaNz9mk3cROhElRjgkvRyI/story.html

Lt. Gen. Comronwit Toopgrajank is a brave man!

Edited by webfact
// quoted text reduced to fair use + link added

All very very stupid, but if he had hit him at very high speed head on, surely the damage would have been that much more than this? How is the impact on the passenger side? Hit from behind, or whom was on the wrong side of the road?

As for running away, what a complete idiot, but I can see where this one is going already.

Red Bull scion arrested in deadly hit-and-run

Bangkok, Sept 3, 2012 (AFP) - Thai police have arrested the Ferrari-driving grandson of the co-creator of the Red Bull energy drink on suspicion of killing a policeman in a hit-and-run collision on Monday, officials said.

The suspect, 27-year-old Worayuth Yoovidhya, is accused of hitting the police officer, who was on a motorcycle, and dragging the body about 100 metres (330 feet) down a main road at around dawn in the capital Bangkok.

"We traced the gasoline trail which leaked onto the road until it led us to the house with the Ferrari," said police Lieutenant Colonel Viradol Thubthimdee of Thonglor police station, where Worayuth was taken for questioning.

"He will be charged with causing death by driving and failing to stop and inform the authorities, with a maximum penalty of 10 years' imprisonment and a fine," Viradol said, adding that Worayuth denied the accusation.

His grandfather Chaleo Yoovidhya was one of Thailand's richest men thanks to the global success of the Red Bull empire that he co-founded with Austrian Dietrich Mateschitz in the 1980s. Chaleo died in March aged 89.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-09-03

Worayuth denied the accusation :

Maybe it is the gardener of the house who stole and drove the car for a fun ride ???

Another Thai story.

RIP to the poor victim.

Condolences to the poor Policeman.

Based on other similar cases, let me make a quick prediction as to the outcome:

1. Suspended sentence, accidental death verdict, community service, no jail time.

2. Someone finds their bank account swells considerably.

100% correct no jail time ever.

All very very stupid, but if he had hit him at very high speed head on, surely the damage would have been that much more than this? How is the impact on the passenger side? Hit from behind, or whom was on the wrong side of the road?

As for running away, what a complete idiot, but I can see where this one is going already.

Maybe had booze or substances in his blood.

Don't think I am, but instead of just posting a little "I know more than you do" missive, why not continue and explain? Sure, she bought her freedom, and the judge made sure that happened. However, well, her Daddy and Uncle are exceptionally well connected...... exceptionally......massively......

Maybe had booze or substances in his blood.

Well, one would hope they breathalysed him at least. Until they fill in the blanks with details or a video, it could feasibly be that the driver wasn't doing too much wrong. It doesn't say if the driver actually stopped or not, or that the poor policeman rode up onto the bonnet and then fell off at speed.

Don't think I am, but instead of just posting a little "I know more than you do" missive, why not continue and explain? Sure, she bought her freedom, and the judge made sure that happened. However, well, her Daddy and Uncle are exceptionally well connected...... exceptionally......massively......

Arthur's just being difficult and pedantic . . . ignore him, he'll go away eventually whistling.gifclap2.gif

Here is my estimate:

Fixing the policeman = difficult, but largely irrelevant

Fixing his family = 2 mil

Fixing the police = 4 mil

Fixing the justice system = 5 mil

Fixing the Ferrari = free (as daddy co owns the dealership)

Incidentals = 2 mil

Total = 15 mil

Peanuts....!

• Like 1

Given the AP story in post #161 and the quote from Police Lt. Gen. Comronwit Toopgrajank "A policeman is dead. I can't let this stand. If I let this case get away, I'd rather quit," he told reporters. "I don't care how powerful they are. If I can't get the actual man in this case, I will resign." it could well be that in this particular instance the victim's family will receive justice.

• Like 2

All the junior Dick Tracy's here are welcome to go inspect both the Ferrari and the dead cop's motorbike, which are parked in full view at Thonglor Police Station. Why not pack a lunch and make a day of it?

Are we allowed to drive in the re-enactment? For a fee to the cops I bet we could.

• Like 2

Condolences to the poor Policeman.

Based on other similar cases, let me make a quick prediction as to the outcome:

1. Suspended sentence, accidental death verdict, community service, no jail time.

2. Someone finds their bank account swells considerably.

3. Boss gets appointed to the Police Academy as a driving instructor...

4. Will use his new Ferrari in the motorcycle-based obstacle course.

Edited by MaxYakov