Son Of Red Bull Executive Arrested For Alleged Fatal Hit-And-Run Against Police

webfact

Did you ever notice that the incidents of bad behavior by hi-so/corrupt Thai cops, politicians, or business owners/their kids only occur within Thailand?

You don't hear of them pulling this sh*t overseas (well... maybe in Cambodia or Laos, but not much further afield).

Why not? Because they know no one else will eat their sh*t besides their own populace/admirers.

Don't let them fool you... Thailand is their Land of Smiles.

Edited for formatting.

Edited by americaninbangkok
  • Like 1

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Impossible to see if there is anyone trapped under the car whilst driving it...

Drivers of Ferrairs and other high-end supercars normally can tell when someone has smudged a fingerprint on their cars. I would imagine they might sense when their vehicle is dragging an additional 75-85 kilos underneath.

Looking at the smashed windscreen, I don't think he was underneath the car.

Was trying to give benefit of the doubt.

Makes me wonder if the Ferrari has a speed-recording computer that preserves the last few minutes or more of vehicle speed. I can see how the Ferrari would be difficult to see because of its low height and color, especially if its lights were not on and/or it was moving very fast. I have biked that part of Sukumvit many times at all hours and it's unsettling enough even in daytime because it's wide, straight and a sure temptation to speed. Traffic was probably very light at 05:30. I haven't seen any reported details of how the collision occurred. The motorbike could have been rear-ended at a (very) high speed differential.

Makes me wonder if there are traffic cameras/recorded video for that area (mouth of Soi 49, from what I read).

Edited by MaxYakov

Amazing how many Forum Members have tried and sentenced Boss, without knowing the details of the accident. Agree it doesn't look good that a cover-up has already been attempted, but it does not say "ipso facto" he is guilty. There just might be other factors that need to be considered in the case. C'mon "peps" engage brain before hitting the keyboard.sad.png

Given the "factors" we already know of, what "other factors" do imagine there will be? Based on the photographs and follow-up stories, this case seems pretty open-and-shut. Kudos to the policeman who had the cajones to try and bring Mr. Boss to justice.

My thought is this. How many times god forbid, did this moron, Boss perhaps hit other innocent people with his Ferrari and get away with it? Obviously this time he hit the wrong person, a cop. In this comedy of errors a Police Inspector gets relocated to a new assignment after committing fraud in the investigation. The Police chief talks with Boss's dad for over an hour prior to his arrest. What a country to allow their capital's police have such a high disregard for human life and openly allow fraud and corruption in this high profile case. What is even more appalling is the fact that they apparently have no respect for their fellow police officers.

• Like 1

Oh, they had a nice chat.

But it's weird... no pictures of the arrested man with handcuffs and lots of police ? Using the second standard in this case ?

THE PICTURES OF THE ARREST ARE HERE : http://www.dailynews...th/crime/153159

The Boy in the blue B Ball cap look s a 16 yr old student ( i presume he is the aledged driver)...which Father would give a very powerful sports car to a boy who patently can not be experienced to drive such a monster.... the streets of bkk can only frustrate sports car drivers.....Stupidity starts at the top here and apple didnt fall far from the tree.

He is 27.

Well I've been here 29 years and have never once seen a rich, and powerful person serve time for anything. I suspect this is in the headlines today, and will be quietly buried after some large sum is paid to the family of the dead policeman, and the culprit will get a new Ferrari and enjoy life as normal. TIT.

• Like 1

Makes me wonder if the Ferrari has a speed-recording computer that preserves the last few minutes or more of vehicle speed. I can see how the Ferrari would be difficult to see because of its low height and color, especially if its lights were not on and/or it was moving very fast. I have biked that part of Sukumvit many times and it's unsettling enough in daytime because it's wide, straight and a sure temptation to speed. Traffic was probably very light at 05:30. Of course, we don't have the details of how the collision occurred. The motorbike could have been simply rear-ended at high speed. Makes me wonder if there was traffic cameras/video fpr that area.

I should imagine the tapes from the cameras have already been bought. And hidden.

Seeing where the coppers Helmut hit the windscreen theres no way he was dragged under the car for 200 mtrs. More likely when the use the terms "dragged" that he became entangled in the car by his gun belt, perhaps at the rear of the vehicle?

All besides the point though - the little kid is a scum bag and needs serious prison time. Maybe if he walks there is enough sentiment in the air after the last fiasco for the middle class to take a stand (unless it is one of there kids killed in this manner, because then they would go for the money).

• Like 1

The tide will turn one day, I suspect it won't be pretty when it does.

Agree, the day will come, not tomorrow, but not too far into the near future when the middle class voice will stand up and demand this all changes.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Keep on dreaming

Exactly. What do you think the so-called "middle class" are aspiring to be? The untouchable super-rich, of course!

• Like 1

Makes me wonder if the Ferrari has a speed-recording computer that preserves the last few minutes or more of vehicle speed. I can see how the Ferrari would be difficult to see because of its low height and color, especially if its lights were not on and/or it was moving very fast. I have biked that part of Sukumvit many times and it's unsettling enough in daytime because it's wide, straight and a sure temptation to speed. Traffic was probably very light at 05:30. Of course, we don't have the details of how the collision occurred. The motorbike could have been simply rear-ended at high speed. Makes me wonder if there was traffic cameras/video fpr that area.

I should imagine the tapes from the cameras have already been bought. And hidden.

Seeing where the coppers Helmut hit the windscreen theres no way he was dragged under the car for 200 mtrs. More likely when the use the terms "dragged" that he became entangled in the car by his gun belt, perhaps at the rear of the vehicle?

All besides the point though - the little kid is a scum bag and needs serious prison time. Maybe if he walks there is enough sentiment in the air after the last fiasco for the middle class to take a stand (unless it is one of there kids killed in this manner, because then they would go for the money).

Well unless the ferrari hit the bike from behind, someone is going to have to explain how the impact appears to be on the passenger side. I will hold my judgement in case a video appears showing the bike going on the wrong side of the road. Hardly a rare thing in Thailand.

Well unless the ferrari hit the bike from behind, someone is going to have to explain how the impact appears to be on the passenger side. I will hold my judgement in case a video appears showing the bike going on the wrong side of the road. Hardly a rare thing in Thailand.

The bike was rear-ended. Hard. Bike came out from under the cop, whose head landed on the windscreen.

9 pages of indignation and calls for justice, that the middle class will rise up against this type of time, but be realistic folks, it ain't ever going to happen in Thailand. The wealthy run the country, full stop. Especially when it comes to one of the wealthiest families in the country.

• Like 1

[snip]

I don't know, but it certainly brings to mind a poster I had hanging in my garage. It depicted a 10-year-old (or so) well-dressed kid with sunglasses standing next to a black, high-end, convertible Porsche with the caption:

I worked hard all my life for this.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1

The bike was rear-ended. Hard. Bike came out from under the cop, whose head landed on the windscreen.

Feasible

In most countries, trying to get someone else to admit to a crime would be obstruction of justice. Isn't that a criminal offense and shouldn't he be charged with the offense? Oh, sorry, I forgot that is not "The Thai Way" . Wonder how much the family of the motorcycle police man will get out of this. Should include future tea money Payments I would hope.

It's quite interesting how this will pan out, what with one copper already demoted (kind of) for trying to arrest a scapegoat (I wonder if he gave the money back for failing?)

The end game was quite clear with these other early hours hiso's coming home after a heavy night scenes but this one is different.....

I reckon they will find a fault in the car, bloody Italians.

Crime inspector of Thonglor police station seconded for trying arrest scapegoat

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrajang Monday seconded Pol Lt Col Pannapon Nammuang, a crime suppression inspector of Thonglor Police station, to an inactive position at the Metropolitan Police.

Kamronwit said Pannapon tried to have someone to pretend to be the driver of the car that hit and killed Pol Sen Sgt Maj Wichien Klanprasert of Thonglor police station.

"This was unacceptable for him to set up for an arrest of a scapegoat. He ignored the death of his subordinate," Kamronwit said.

Kamronwit said Pannapon would be indefinitely seconded to the Metropolitan Police head office.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-03

Maybe Pol Lt Col Pannapon thought he was doing his job by suppressing the truth about this crime?

• Like 1

[snip]

I reckon they will find a fault in the car, bloody Italians.

Lets see ... defective front-end, hood (bonnet), windshield (windscreen) ... who knows what else! I'd bet on a defective driver, but I'd lose.

Edited by MaxYakov

9 pages of indignation and calls for justice, that the middle class will rise up against this type of time, but be realistic folks, it ain't ever going to happen in Thailand. The wealthy run the country, full stop. Especially when it comes to one of the wealthiest families in the country.

It'll not make a blind bit of difference who rises up because EVERYONE ultimately has the same mindset, whatever their wealth/status/background. The risen would be looking for the same loopholes, buyouts, you name it, as the fallen. It'll take a few generations of education/evolution at least, minus dodgy TV soaps and the like of what goes on in the streets daily.

If justice can't take care of it, I hope the deceased family corner the spoiled brat and give him a serious beating. That often occurs in Thailand, though many are cowardly towards those with such sums of money. What a little b*tch to drag the man for 200 meters, hope he gets his in return.

What price a Police Lt-Colonel? And just what do you have to do, and be caught doing, to get FIRED and PROSECUTED in this place?

Attempting to pevert the course of justice is a serious offence in most countries - usually leading to jail if convicted. Ahh, but TIT.

• Like 1