2Nd Year Truck Insurance Renewal - Axa Or Lmg?

topt

Does anybody have any practical or even third hand knowledge of dealing with either company on a claim?

This is probably an impossible question to answer but the premium difference between dealer garage and non dealer is about 3,000 baht. In the event of an accident if you had to go to a non dealer garage on balamce would the quality of the repair/components be any different?

Thanks

I use AXA just called them out last week fuel pump went out, within 30 minutes of the call they had picked me up and took car to nearest dealership, no complaints , ins cost about 14,000 baht per annum.

Forgive my ignorance ( I had a company car for a long time in the UK so never needed to check insurance) but would that not fall under wear and tear - unless a new car under warranty? The service sounds great - was that in Bangkok?

I have used AXA and had a small accident-Ok no problems. I sure others will disagree with the following but do not under any case use Viriyah Insurance. I had a pick up stolen, they refused to pay so I sued them in court and won, they still refused to pay. Took them to court again, won again, they still refused to pay the second time. Granted this was 10 years ago but I assume they still do business the "old fashioned" way. Steer clear "pun intended" of Viriyah Insurance

Edited by rotary

I have AXA on my Colorado, Had a scooter rider run up the ass of my Car. the insurance guy who came out to the scene gave me a number for their repair garage but I said I want to use mine. AXA was fine with this and not a cent left my pocket.

I have used AXA and had a small accident-Ok no problems. I sure others will disagree with the following but do not under any case use Viriyah Insurance. I had a pick up stolen, they refused to pay so I sued them in court and won, they still refused to pay. Took them to court again, won again, they still refused to pay the second time. Granted this was 10 years ago but I assume they still do business the "old fashioned" way. Steer clear "pun intended" of Viriyah Insurance

I have AXA on my Colorado, Had a scooter rider run up the ass of my Car. the insurance guy who came out to the scene gave me a number for their repair garage but I said I want to use mine. AXA was fine with this and not a cent left my pocket.

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it.

After an accident Viriyah took my car to one of their preferred garages and they did a very, very bad job. Took over 2 months because they insisted on their own chain of supply, badly executed repairs and lots of lies from repairer and insurance company.