One Year Multiple Entry Non-b Visa Renewal Question

One Year Multiple Entry NON-B Visa Renewal Question

I am a 45 year old US citizen. I have purchased a condominium from Sansiri and plan to relocate/retire to BKK when the unit is finished and decorated (Sept 2007). At that time I will not be 50 so it seems the One Year Multiple Entry NON-B Visa from Sunbelt is the way to go for the 2 ½ year gap to get me to 50.

My question is what do I do after 15 months when the visa runs out? Can an extension be applied for and issued from Thailand or will I need to leave Thailand and apply for a new visa? Will they issue another visa back to back for the same business purpose?

Also, once I turn 50 and get a Retirement Visa what is the exact rules on work? Mainly can I own and operate a business? Can I work on premises or must it be a total investment that I can not actively participate in?

Thanks

There is an extension of stay available for those that invest in specific condo or bank deposits of 3 million baht or more. You would have to check that with immigration office as to if your purchase would qualify.

You have no business with a B visa unless you plan to do business - as for how likely it would be to have it renewed we would have to crystal ball that and could well be wrong.

You do not work without a work permit and a work permit will not be issued on a retirement extension of stay. You are free to do anything not requiring a work permit however.