Please Help! Running Around In Circles!

my nightmare started 2 weeks ago, I moved from Bangkok to Nonthaburi (TO A CONDO, i RENT IT ITS NOT MINE)

I have a car, so I have to change the address of my car in the blue book.

1. my first round was, i went to Nonthaburi disctrict office with the blue book, and my condo rent conrtract

to change the address, they said I need an address certificate from Immigration

2. I went first to Cheang wattana Imm. becouse its closer to me than Nonthaburi, there they said they can give

addres certificate only if i do 90 days report, what I do not, but anyway they said I would better go to Nonthaburi Imm.

3. so I did , went to Nonthaburi IMM. , they do not need 90 days report, they were about to give it, but they asked what reason I need it for

when I said I need it to change address on my cars blue book, they then refused to help, said, they dont want to be responsible.

and that I should get address certificate from my Embassy.

4. ok I went to my embassy, I got an address certificate, stamped, signed by the consul.

5. I went to Nonthaburi district office with the address certificate from my embassy , but they said if I have address certificate from embassy, not from Immigration, I need it to be verified by The Ministry of foreign affirs

6. so lets go to the Ministry of forregn aff... I think everyboy can guess what they told me there? :))

They said they can verify the paper if the Nonthaburi district office verify my address first...

hahahahahaha.................

so after 2 weeks of run around back to squere one!

is anybody can help me? I just want to be lawful and change the address on my car, and I just cant do it? why is that?

where can I submit this complain to be heard? any suggestion?

Suspect you forgot to get Embassy letter translated into Thai? Then visit MFA and then visit local office to use? Have not done but believe that is the sequence required when using a document not in Thai for anything but immigration (which accepts English).

if you dont change address, you can get into trouble... How?

easy, like you get a speeding photo, and the police post it to your address with fine, you dont pay, becouse its go to your old address, so the money just build up.... (i got 1 photo already make a u turn in a wrong intersection 500baht fine)

easy, like you get a speeding photo, and the police post it to your address with fine, you dont pay, becouse its go to your old address, so the money just build up.... (i got 1 photo already make a u turn in a wrong intersection 500baht fine)

Nope, they ask you to pay when you renew your tax, no problem at all.

ok I see your point, and yes after all this trouble I thinking to not give a shit anymore and dont change my address... but just wondering, if the system really this bullshit, I mean it must have a way for foreigner to change his address in the cars blue book? or not...

ok I see your point, and yes after all this trouble I thinking to not give a shit anymore and dont change my address... but just wondering, if the system really this bullshit, I mean it must have a way for foreigner to change his address in the cars blue book? or not...

As the Thais don't bother, the foreigners probably aren't enough to be worthwhile.

I also have a 5 year Thai D/L, my address for that gets changed at the end of the 5 years.

M/c and car books, only changed when sold to someone else (if they can be bothered to register in their own names).

Re changing address on your car's BLUE BOOK.

Why would the District office be involved, this is related to the Department of Land Transportation, your local DMV. Here's a thread on the Nothaburi office:

anburi-area/

They might be able to make the change and notify the Dept of Land Transport in your old province.

Plus, they might accept your Embassy's address letter without involvement of the MFA.

How about your Thai driving license? Got one? Might want to change it, too.

Mac

Re changing address on your car's BLUE BOOK.

Why would the District office be involved, this is related to the Department of Land Transportation, your local DMV. Here's a thread on the Nothaburi office:

http://www.thaivisa....port-in-nonthan anburi-area/

They might be able to make the change and notify the Dept of Land Transport in your old province.

Plus, they might accept your Embassy's address letter without involvement of the MFA.

How about your Thai driving license? Got one? Might want to change it, too.

Mac

sorry i meant to write Department of Land Transportation, they are the one who told me they need Foreigner affair dep. stamp, (i have thai driving licence too, but with that i dont want to bother, this car thing enough trouble...)

As the Thais don't bother, the foreigners probably aren't enough to be worthwhile.

I also have a 5 year Thai D/L, my address for that gets changed at the end of the 5 years.

M/c and car books, only changed when sold to someone else (if they can be bothered to register in their own names).

sounds all good, but then what if one day I want to sell my car? because for that need the same thing what I need now, isn't it?

Why don't you go back to Npnthaburi immigration and ask for a letter to sell a car .. The letter can be issued for one of three reasons plus other and it's best not to give 'other' reason. Worth a try... by the way the letters are free. The letter is usually only valid for three weeks.

• Like 1

Why don't you go back to Npnthaburi immigration and ask for a letter to sell a car .. The letter can be issued for one of three reasons plus other and it's best not to give 'other' reason. Worth a try... by the way the letters are free. The letter is usually only valid for three weeks.

that was the 3rd.place I went, they refused to give letter, when they heard I need the address certificate to change address on my car, they said to go to my embassy

I read these sort of topics and wonder to myself why? Why does anyone try to do these things on their own when for a small fee you can go to any of the inspection stations and the right one will handle everything for you no problems. They'll tell you what you need and then go around the potholes for you and since they're Thai they won't give the people at the relative agencies the opportunity for entertainment at your expense. I'll never do these processes myself again it's so easy to let them handle it for minimal stress and monies.. You've spent more in wasted time and fuel then the entire cost of having someone else do it for you..

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

that was the 3rd.place I went, they refused to give letter, when they heard I need the address certificate to change address on my car, they said to go to my embassy

Yes I know ... thats why I suggested that you now say that you want to sell the car and ask for a letter to that effect. Then take this letter whereever and say you want to sell the car and need the address changing in the blue book ... worth a try

You should only need to take your passport to immigration.

I agree 110%. You should have never told them the real reason you want the residency letter. Just go back and tell them you want one to sell your car. They are all the same. I have had many MANY of these and none of them say WHY on the letter.

Last one I got was for renewing my license (I told them) but in fact I took it with me across seas and used it to go tax exempt on a job and used it as proof that I reside in Thailand.

• Like 1

Actually I was there this morning as I wanted a re-entry permit. Including filling the request form in I would say it took all of fifteen minutes. That place is great, everyone working there smiles and all seems very happy. What a huge change for when I had to go to BK.

I agree 110%. You should have never told them the real reason you want the residency letter. Just go back and tell them you want one to sell your car. They are all the same. I have had many MANY of these and none of them say WHY on the letter.

Last one I got was for renewing my license (I told them) but in fact I took it with me across seas and used it to go tax exempt on a job and used it as proof that I reside in Thailand.

"they are all the same". No they are NOT. It is a different wording for buying/selling a car, different for drivers license car/motorbike. So if you were to sell your old car, buy a new car and get a drivers license for car and motorbike, you will need to get 4 diffenrent confirmations of adress. They are very simular, but the wording is not excactly the same. With the driverslicense they are even DLToffice specific.

I agree with Tommo (doesn't happen to offen), why do it at all. What adress you have or not have in the blue book doesn't matter at all.

• Like 2