All Major Projects Ploenchit/langsuan/chidlom/wireless/ruam Rudi Areas

Hmm.... guys you may have more on your plate than you may think... It is not a matter of which property is the best, in the very, very best Thailand has to offer as a city region full stop.

There is a six month law limit, on condominium formation.

I do not wish to cause alarm here, and have absolutely no intention of breaking Thai Sovereign Law, but Quote:

According to Thailand condo laws year 2522, the AGM meetings must occur within six months of the registration. This is possibly not going to happen on various developments including The Park.

Any Comments - PKRV

It sounds like just one of the many reasons developers have to make facilitating payments. This one has been on the books for quite some time. Business as usual.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks as always Old man River, the very latest I have on The Park is the common areas will be fully operational by end of May and everything from September onwards should be completed with normal condominium operation commencing after that. Some 19 units are currently occupied (including penthouses).

How are you guys doing at the Athenee?

How are you guys doing at the Trendy?

These projects are all following the same time line

PKRV

Edited by pkrv

Night time picture taken 10th February 08. Stolen from the skyscraper forum.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.p...189&page=33

Thanks for the update PKRV.

When do you think the communal areas will be complete? I have had an email from the park asking me to inspect my unit at the end of April. I told them i will probably be over in July, and they seemed happy with this. I am in no rush, and hopefully by the time i complete the pound will have risen.

Asian Motiffs will be inspecting my unit in March, which will hopefully give me a clearer indication of time scales. They also said a few of their clients had completed.

I still think, even with all the delays, that the Park is by far the best development. All the others have lots of small units, which in my opinion ruin the exclusivity of the project and my the communal facilities overcrowded.

I am looking forward to seeing it finished, and being able to use it.

Most probably we all think our units are the best or we wouldn't have plunked down the enormous sums we have. As it pertains to the Park, since there are two buildings, does each building have its own communal facilities or is there one area that both use?

Sorry Old Man River - I did not see your question, I must have been distracted. The two buildings are joined by the reception area and share all communal facilities (swimming pool, gym, sauna etc). The facilities are vast and are shown here:

http://www.theparkresidence.co.th/interior.htm

I am just hoping that The Park has free weights in the gym and a sales man did not just sell them the most expensive JUICE GYM products that they had, which will sadly never be used. Something to check up on next time I am over, and if stupidly designed I will have to go through the process to remedy.

Athenee Residence's facilities are completed. They are working on the fencing area which comprises of water feature and lots of plants. They will not transfer any unit until everything is completed which will be the end of May. Also quite a few touch up works being done.

I suggest that you wait until the transfer fee is reduced by the government before you transfer your unit.

It should happen in April or May.

Hi kdbkk - We have actually already transferred and indeed (mostly) furnished. A bit spartan at the moment it takes a lot of time to make a home. The Park helped us enormously. We needed to use holiday entitlements from last year, FX exposure the list goes on. For us we are happy to have transfered when we did. It was at the end of the day a matter of logistics.

post-16669-1206607769_thumb.jpg

Congrat. I like the green area off your balcony, also the interior. It looks nice and cool.

I am working on the interior after paying the balance. I will also save almost half a million baht on the transfer fee if the government reduces the rate to 0.01%

There are retails space under the parking structure on Soi Ruam Ruedee at the Athenee which belongs to the developer. It looks super nice with cool outdoor seating area that will house coffee shop and etc. Coffee Bean by Dao restaurant, Circle Restaurant, Oyster Bars and Vietnamese restaurant are also next door. I won't go hungry living there.

Hi kdbkk - It is interesting that some of the hardest units for a developer to sell are the lower units, yet they can actually be amongst the most beautiful and restful. For some reason that I find absolutely impossible to fathom, developers plant small manicured shrubs and small trees whilst building huge structures. That tree is actually on an adjacent property but absolutely makes the unit. We do actually have our own personal 'jungle' at The Park the trees are mostly cocktail palms which are very nice, but it does not hurt to plant some 'statement' trees I personally actually like Planes trees (Platanus).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platanus

Exchange rate for us was a key motivator. Our final payment was around 10m THB and the rate was 67.8 (GBP) it is now hovering around 62/63 as you may guess it makes a titanic difference to the final purchase price in our own currency.

With The Address, The Manhattan, The Park, The Athenee, The Trendy and a terminus point for the Airport Express, Central in Chidlom, Siam Paragon it is all coming together, it is taking time admittedly but it is definitely getting there. I think this is one of the best investments I have ever made because it is on all levels personal, 'spiritual' (sorry I'm not sure what the correct word is) and financial.

Edited by pkrv

• 2 weeks later...
Hi kdbkk - We have actually already transferred and indeed (mostly) furnished. A bit spartan at the moment it takes a lot of time to make a home. The Park helped us enormously. We needed to use holiday entitlements from last year, FX exposure the list goes on. For us we are happy to have transfered when we did. It was at the end of the day a matter of logistics.

Looks super!

Does anyone have a link for a map of the new airport express and where the stops and end point will be?

Would be grateful if someone does.

AFAIK,

Air Link line (to open next year?) only has 8 stops:

1. Suvarnabhumi Airport

2. Lad Krabang Station

3. Ban Thapchang Station

4. Hua Mark Station

5. Ramkhamhaeng Station

6. Makkasan (Air Link Check-In Terminal Station) transfers to Phetchaburi Subway Station

7. Ratchaprarop Station

8. Phaya Thai Station transfers to Phayathai Skytrain Station

The Air Link Non-Stop Express line only has two stops:

1. Suvarnabhumi Airport

2. Makkasan (Air Link Check-In Terminal Station) transfers to Phetchaburi Subway Station

check out Thai map here Rail Link Map

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just noticed that the skyscraper forum topic dealing with the new airport express link has been closed (I don't know why).

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.p...791&page=53

Unfortunatly this leaves us without an independent mechanism for tracking (description courtosy of trajan, and thanks for the compliment BTW) the Makkasan station - Makkasan (Air Link Check-In Terminal Station) transfers to Phetchaburi Subway Station.

Obviously this is a key/core component for the area as a whole, are there any other links to reference progress?

congrats Corkscrew!

I just read that the chairman of CB Richard Ellis in Thailand will be moving into his residence at Athenee soon..... I think that by itself speaks volumes, as Im sure he has lots and lots of inside information on quality, value etc. of condo units in Bangkok .....

My congratulations too Corkscrew and I guess old_man_river. We all know it has been a long and difficult road, but my god has it been worth it!

I will be at The Park in about 8 weeks, so will report back more fully at that time, but I think we too are complete. Unfortunatly we are not local (yet) so rely on others for the latest updates (any news guys?).

Well it looks like the Airport express is a bit delayed (thanks for the heads up backflip) but again it will just add to the area when finally completed.

The Trendy has gone quiet, I sort of take this as good news, any updates?

I will take a picture or two of The Address views from The Park (and post them). Oddly When finished and illuminated at night The Address will be a stunning addition to the view from our apartment.

Corkscrew - I know you travel first class from time to time, do you now if the Quantus first class lounge is now operating?

Edited by pkrv

The Athenee Residence is complete. When we visit our units we can now even park in our designated garage spaces.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of what must be one of the very best new condos in Bangkok!

The Athenee Residence is complete. When we visit our units we can now even park in our designated garage spaces.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of what must be one of the very best new condos in Bangkok!

Here is the view from our dining room looking west. The building on the left is the Athenee Office. The other building is the Athenee Hotel.

post-9122-1212301776_thumb.jpg

My congratulations too Corkscrew and I guess old_man_river. We all know it has been a long and difficult road, but my god has it been worth it!

I will be at The Park in about 8 weeks, so will report back more fully at that time, but I think we too are complete. Unfortunatly we are not local (yet) so rely on others for the latest updates (any news guys?).

Well it looks like the Airport express is a bit delayed (thanks for the heads up backflip) but again it will just add to the area when finally completed.

The Trendy has gone quiet, I sort of take this as good news, any updates?

I will take a picture or two of The Address views from The Park (and post them). Oddly When finished and illuminated at night The Address will be a stunning addition to the view from our apartment.

Corkscrew - I know you travel first class from time to time, do you now if the Quantus first class lounge is now operating?

Many times BA and Quantus share First Class lounges...so, I am not sure.

Next to the Athenee Residence there is a "strip mall" that has 12 businesses...4 or 5 of which are restaurants. Convenient!

I am going to have to look into this as well - I would like to compare notes for the area at some point!