All Major Projects Ploenchit/langsuan/chidlom/wireless/ruam Rudi Areas

Next to the Athenee Residence there is a "strip mall" that has 12 businesses...4 or 5 of which are restaurants. Convenient!

I am going to have to look into this as well - I would like to compare notes for the area at some point!

These two places are particularly good. Witch's flies in its fresh oysters from New Zealand during our summer months. I think they have the best oysters in town. Coffee Bean attracts a lot of High So girls and soap opera chics...a nice place to people watch. A Japanese restaurant is about to open.

post-9122-1212994476_thumb.jpg

post-9122-1212994503_thumb.jpg

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will be at The Park in about 8 weeks, so will report back more fully at that time, but I think we too are complete. Unfortunatly we are not local (yet) so rely on others for the latest updates (any news guys?).

I will take a picture or two of The Address views from The Park (and post them). Oddly When finished and illuminated at night The Address will be a stunning addition to the view from our apartment.

Thankyou pkrv. I look forward to seeing how construction is progressing at The Address.

:o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We've just received notification of the latest update to The Park - you can see the new pictures for yourself! IMO, OMG!

http://www.theparkresidence.co.th/exterior.htm

http://www.theparkresidence.co.th/interior.htm

We are out again in just over a week, so will be able to post some thoughts and impressions once we've seen the place in the flesh!

I already have a 'dedicated' book for the library!

Edited by pkrv

We've just received notification of the latest update to The Park - you can see the new pictures for yourself! IMO, OMG!

We are out again in just over a week, so will be able to post some thoughts and impressions once we've seen the place in the flesh!

WOW! The place looks great....inside and out. You made a super purchase.

Hand overs at the Athenee will be in approx. 1 1/2 months.

What I love about these towers is their gothic styled roofs. There is nothing like it in Bangkok. It is almost like from a movie set.

The interior decorators will be finished with our place at Athenee by mid-September and we plan to move into our unit at the end of September.

post-9122-1216204158_thumb.jpg

It's really beautiful, both inside and out. I'm sure you will really enjoy living in your new home.

Thanks guys! I think we have all really, really, landed on our feet on this one, but god 'stress' is involved! And timing seems to have been good , but who knew before we bought!

There are still important projects such as the airport express terminal and The Address to monitor (as promised I will take the pictures and post scl1056).

I also note:

I took a look at 185 Rajadamri some time ago but now it seems to now be firming up in terms of plans (for launch)

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.p...t=185+Rajadamri

Is on the horizon - IMO good! Things are moving forward - this is exactly what we all need to hear, as things start to group.

Sorry corkscrew and Old Man River - I was really, really interested in how the roof gardens turned out at the Athenee - This should be exciting stuff!

BTW I am going to have to have words with the ‘The Park’ the four trees at the front don't and will never cut it in terms of statement trees. Great for the rain forest habitat around the pool; but IMO not for the forecourt.

Sorry for being so sad as to discuss green space in the center of a mega city, but in my defence I like this stuff.

I was at the Athenee Residence today. They will hand over the keys to the new owners by August 15, according to the TCCLand people. The pool area looks very inviting.

post-9122-1216379362_thumb.jpg

post-9122-1216379383_thumb.jpg

post-9122-1216379402_thumb.jpg

post-9122-1216379444_thumb.jpg

Edited by corkscrew

PKRV Congratulations; I think you really picked a winner there ;-)

hypothetically would a complete redevelopment of the Nailert affect you guys at all or are you low enough for it not to be an issue?

steve - If you are talking about the hotel that would not really affect me. Though I would hope the grounds/ trees would be kept. It is a low rise structure.

Edited by pkrv

hypothetically would a complete redevelopment of the Nailert affect you guys at all or are you low enough for it not to be an issue?

steve - If you are talking about the hotel that would not really affect me. Though I would hope the grounds/ trees would be kept. It is a low rise structure.

its a low rise structure now, but maybe won't stay that way. If i understand correctly your unit is about at the tree line, which I doubt would ever change, so really you are going to get what you paid for eternally.

Some of the people a bit higher up have been a little affected by the Address, and eventually the other sides will get something or other; I actually am looking at a building now to buy, and had always thought to buy high, but I reckon buying at the tree line level you may be onto something. You don't get built out, it works out a little cheaper and best of all I reckon the view you have is probably better and a nicer relationship to the grounds than buying higher.

its a low rise structure now, but maybe won't stay that way. If i understand correctly your unit is about at the tree line, which I doubt would ever change, so really you are going to get what you paid for eternally.

Some of the people a bit higher up have been a little affected by the Address, and eventually the other sides will get something or other; I actually am looking at a building now to buy, and had always thought to buy high, but I reckon buying at the tree line level you may be onto something. You don't get built out, it works out a little cheaper and best of all I reckon the view you have is probably better and a nicer relationship to the grounds than buying higher.

YEP that is how I think tree canopy - However getting developers to put in 'Statment Trees' is a something they seem to 'not grasp'. BTW I have said I I personally actually like Planes trees (Platanus). Don't know how it would do in Bangkok?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platanus

I Note the Banyan Tree Hotel in Bangkok and know the tree

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banyan

Don't know if this is the equivelent - But this is IMO important stuff.

YEP that is how I think tree canopy - However getting developers to put in 'Statment Trees' is a something they seem to 'not grasp'. BTW I have said I I personally actually like Planes trees (Platanus). Don't know how it would do in Bangkok?

I Note the Banyan Tree Hotel in Bangkok and know the tree

Platanus orientalis will grow in Thailand, some of the deciduous versions may not. Actually, you will be pleased to know that a statement tree is something we also consider to be well worth while where i work and have one planned, in fact am considering buying the unit myself looking straight at the tree mainly because my cat will be amused all day watching the birds in it :-)

Many of the developers will actually wipe out an entire site including a bunch of 50 year old trees...and then replace with palms and lame ferns and rubbish.....keep it natural with that sense of beauty.

If you ever got to Kata head to the Ska Bar at the southern end of the beach; the entire bar wraps around a huge tree; that is kind of where development is heading; the project I used to work on in Phuket we actually had marked every major tree and part of the architecture was to try to leave every single one in tact. Takes 20 years to get a decent sized hardwood tree, nature has already done the work, why do it again?

is it practically and economically feasible to re-locate mature "statement" trees?

do they really need to be destroyed if they are unfortunately located in an inner city development plot? it seems like every effort (if feasible) should be exerted to preserve such trees (even for selfish property value reasons----let alone for great aesthetics and oxygen)...

also I heard rumors that the very lush green plot just adjacent to the Park Chidlom on the southside (and north of the Somkid Gardens condo) is slated to be developed into a semi hi-rise...it would be a shame to lose that lush green patch ...I wonder if that is what you are referring to in respect of a hypothetical Nailert development (even though that particular green patch is just outside of the immediate Nailert Hotel grounds)

is it practically and economically feasible to re-locate mature "statement" trees?

do they really need to be destroyed if they are unfortunately located in an inner city development plot? it seems like every effort (if feasible) should be exerted to preserve such trees (even for selfish property value reasons----let alone for great aesthetics and oxygen)...

also I heard rumors that the very lush green plot just adjacent to the Park Chidlom on the southside (and north of the Somkid Gardens condo) is slated to be developed into a semi hi-rise...it would be a shame to lose that lush green patch ...I wonder if that is what you are referring to in respect of a hypothetical Nailert development (even though that particular green patch is just outside of the immediate Nailert Hotel grounds)

Plot has been explained to me as part of the Nai Lert, but yeah could just be the soi there. Also a little further on the skyline is K Tun's massive Oishi masterpiece which is rumoured to be 60+ storeys towering next to wave place.

I have no doubt that at some point Nai Lert will rennovate, they cannot stay how they are now forever, it is just a total waste of the site.

Also a little further on the skyline is K Tun's massive Oishi masterpiece which is rumoured to be 60+ storeys towering next to wave place.

I have no doubt that at some point Nai Lert will rennovate, they cannot stay how they are now forever, it is just a total waste of the site.

I agree, that Nailert plot on the west side of Somkid soi would be a prime candidate for development....I think there is just a few 1 or 2 story houses there....

It would however be bad for at least the lower floor south-siders of Park Chidlom.....a view into another condo (instead of a view of greenery)...

Reported in the news that Tun (though his Ploenchit Arcade company JV'ed with another Thai family) will buy the next door Caltex station land (about a rai?) and add that to the existing plot next to Wave Place..... there will be a mixed-use development there....that will be a nice location physically connected to the Ploenchit skytrain station....but I think we are talking about a few years down the line even for starting that.....

Also a little further on the skyline is K Tun's massive Oishi masterpiece which is rumoured to be 60+ storeys towering next to wave place.

more than a rumor now....Israeli JV partners yesterday submitted a statement to the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange....70 floors!!

today's Bankgok Post:

Israeli investment

PROPERTY :Industrial Buildings Corp, an Israeli real estate company controlled by Eliezer Fishman, agreed to spend 100 million shekels ($29 million or 953 million baht) for a 50% interest in a venture to develop two buildings in Bangkok.

The project, which it will build with three Thai partners, will include a 70-floor residential, hotel and commercial structure, Herzliya Pituach, Israel-based Industrial Buildings said in a statement to the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange yesterday.

The residential area will take up 55% of the total tower while the hotel and commercial space will occupy 20% and 25% respectively of total area, it said.

The Thai companies involved in the development are currently seeking to expand the current 12,300 square metres designated for the two buildings by 20%, the company said. The towers are scheduled to be completed by 2012, Industrial Buildings Corp said.BLOOMBERG NEWS

Reported in the news that Tun (though his Ploenchit Arcade company JV'ed with another Thai family) will buy the next door Caltex station land (about a rai?) and add that to the existing plot next to Wave Place..... there will be a mixed-use development there....that will be a nice location physically connected to the Ploenchit skytrain station....but I think we are talking about a few years down the line even for starting that.....

That would also possibly give him access almost to the back soi as well so then it would be like a total block - definitely giong to be a big undertaking.

It might not be that long, there are rumours he might be ready to launch something next year.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in responding - I got back to the UK on Tuesday and promised some updates. Again apologies I will make multiple posts. This first one is on The Park.

1) All communal facilities at The Park are operational (two saunas, gym, billiards room, table tennis room, golf simulation room, library, conference facilities, games room etc)

2) the electronic access controls to all gates lifts etc (that work in a similar way to the BTS) are all in place.

3) Car parking is up and running.

4) The first juristic meeting is scheduled to be for September the 6th (we signed a proxy agreement we won't be back till the end of October).

5) Mature gardens (OK jungle) is in, and all water features (I lost count) are operating along with external illumination.

All in all we lived there for a couple of weeks with no problems at all and met several of the neighbours.

Some detail work is still being done - for example the roofs over the reception area (unseen but for a few units) were tiled in a pretty green tile whist we were there, and odd bits and pieces were being finished off. This should all be finished in a couple of months.

Juristic were on the ball – We had our air-conditioning serviced whilst we were there and I was pleasantly surprised to note two security guards were posted during the exercise, one internal to the unit, one external. Very different to what I have seen before.

Minor things that were missing because they await full occupancy and the first juristic meeting are issues like.

1) Communal internet access in the pool areas. (we used TOT WiFi a good contingency – buy a pre-paid card and just log in)

2) Free swim up bar

Minor gripes are things like unfortunately we have a 'juice gym' it has enough computing power to take the star ship enterprise across multiple galaxies or to calculate out the benefit of owing it, without using it (zero divided by zero has always been a mathematical uncertainly). Ohh well we can sell just one of those useless machines and buy some proper equipment – failing that I may just have to pay for it myself.

The four palms in the forecourt do not IMO 'cut the mustard' though I do very much like the mature frangipani trees that lead up to reception.

And I guess I have to say we are not 'quite as advertised - The Sanctuary in the Heart if the City'. Obviously The Address is being built next to us and I will post separately on this. We do however have building work/and eyesore for at least the next two years. Once finished, piece and calm should return (hopefully).

The Park is now being targeted by high powered corporate executives including some from Goldman sachs. This is because of the ultra confidential conference facilities and meeting rooms, library etc and extensive communal facilities available – I kid not we are on a par with the Oriental Hotel (I know because for the first few days we stayed in a state room there).

Here are some pictures:

post-16669-1218197486_thumb.jpg

post-16669-1218197540_thumb.jpg

post-16669-1218197604_thumb.jpg

post-16669-1218197657_thumb.jpg

post-16669-1218197725_thumb.jpg

post-16669-1218197788_thumb.jpg

Edited by pkrv

Again apologies for the multiple posts:

The Manhattan is advertising 5 units left for sale - the road it is on is very busy, and the building is pushing the boundaries of the CBD district out northwards. I do not doubt that expansion is on the cards for the area.

The only personal comments I would make are the lack of imagination on the klong frontage - what a lost opportunity I mean is this developer mad? The building appears to occupy all of the lands 'foot print' not quite the right term but has built up to the boundaries. I'm not sure how they legally got away with that one (they are meant to provide green space) and in failing to do so have not done what is necessary for the condominium market to flourish in that area, but IMO have nudged it on.

Some pictures:

post-16669-1218199158_thumb.jpg

post-16669-1218199208_thumb.jpg

It might not be that long, there are rumours he might be ready to launch something next year.

yes, I know, please see the post immediately above...

are you sure Fishman are investing in the K Tun project, as this is not the only tall building planned that I have heard rumours of? Surely the area cannot be 12,300sqm, that is a very very small amount of area for the K Tun site, I would hope you could get more area than that??!

Edited by steveromagnino

As promised an update on The Address.

The building is effectively a three sides of a square shape - unfortunately little imagination went into exploiting the klong and again the building does butt up against some boundaries but nowhere near to the same extent at The Manhattan.

The closest point to The Park is on the Chidlom tower but this seems to be tiered so the higher up the further away it is.

To be brutally frank there is an area (forecourt?) between The Park and The Address that IMO will sell the last units at The Address or leave them unsold. If this is proposed as a desert wasteland of tiles and cement it will be dreadful. However if it is planned as gardens (and I'm not sure if The Address actually adheres to building regulations in this respect either) it will be an asset to the area and a great investment. But I do not know enough about the development to comment further.

post-16669-1218201487_thumb.jpg

post-16669-1218201541_thumb.jpg

post-16669-1218201590_thumb.jpg

post-16669-1218201640_thumb.jpg

post-16669-1218201706_thumb.jpg

post-16669-1218201759_thumb.jpg

post-16669-1218201818_thumb.jpg

those photos you posted of The Park are onpar with The Oriental Hotel?

I have never been to The Oriental but the photos you posted were rather unspectacular

Its not even a lap pool

Not a problem -To be honest I am not a photographer. All I did is to confirm the pictures previously posted and shown here:

You can't actually see from one end of the pool to the other. Basically The Park is finished is all that I was saying, but I would be interested in your comments on the pictures in the link above any better ];-)

Edited by pkrv