All Major Projects Ploenchit/langsuan/chidlom/wireless/ruam Rudi Areas

Hi admin 2337 - I agree work is very slow. I understand that this is due to the sheer number of contractors involved.

We too had a pre-inspection where we saw our unfinished unit (and other almost completed units) but that was so we could take some measurements for furnishing the place, not for transfer. Later on we did transfer even though the communal areas are not yet completed. This decision was based on our situation and the high standard of the completed work in our unit. However that said if anyone expects the exact same building standard as in the west they clearly need to rethink, and I think it has been a tough time to achieve what has been achieved.

Could I ask what floor you are on? we are on the first floor.

We are however prepared to wait for the highest quality to be delivered in the final product.

I believe it is important to note the status of other constructions that were initiated at the same time - it looks like they are all much on the same timescale for completion. The Park is still some way off.

There are a couple of others at The Park how goes it with you guys?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a unit on the 4th floor. I am retired and like to work the US markets at night when I stay in Bangkok. I sleep late and wake up around noon. The unit I have at Langsuanville down the street from The Park does not face the street. It's pretty quiet. Can hear the tuk-tuks and a few motercycles in the distant, however I can sleep through that. When I checked the unit at the Park, it faces the street and is not as quite as my unit in Langsuanville. I realized if I were to move into the Park I would have to build a door inside the bedroom to block out the noise. I was going to use the 1 bdrm unit at Langsuanville for one of the kids that are in college. I wanted a 2 bdrm unit in this area so the family can stay there when we come to Bangkok. I used serviced apartments for the family in the past, but sometimes they are all booked up. Have a condo in Rhamkamheng for the students now, it's big 3 bdrm, but its too far from Siam Square so the day usually involes a taxi or car trip one way for about an hour. I still have my construction company in New York area and that's why I'm so upset with this builder. 27-28 years I never missed a deadline. The contract for the Park stated completion in 2006. There was never an extension letter. The contract is in default. My lawers said we can sue for cancelation, spend a lot of money in court appearances and get the money back maybe in 10 years. The deck is stacked against us. I can complete the contract for the Park, make it look like the model unit and sell it. 2 years to get the money back. We have to take an extended look at Thailands view of farangs. It's not the same as 10 years ago. There is more agression against us after the Thaksin attitude. I think there will be more. I'm not sure I really want to bring more money into the country just because of that.

I have a unit on the 4th floor. I am retired and like to work the US markets at night when I stay in Bangkok. I sleep late and wake up around noon. The unit I have at Langsuanville down the street from The Park does not face the street. It's pretty quiet. Can hear the tuk-tuks and a few motercycles in the distant, however I can sleep through that. When I checked the unit at the Park, it faces the street and is not as quite as my unit in Langsuanville. I realized if I were to move into the Park I would have to build a door inside the bedroom to block out the noise. I was going to use the 1 bdrm unit at Langsuanville for one of the kids that are in college. I wanted a 2 bdrm unit in this area so the family can stay there when we come to Bangkok. I used serviced apartments for the family in the past, but sometimes they are all booked up. Have a condo in Rhamkamheng for the students now, it's big 3 bdrm, but its too far from Siam Square so the day usually involes a taxi or car trip one way for about an hour. I still have my construction company in New York area and that's why I'm so upset with this builder. 27-28 years I never missed a deadline. The contract for the Park stated completion in 2006. There was never an extension letter. The contract is in default. My lawers said we can sue for cancelation, spend a lot of money in court appearances and get the money back maybe in 10 years. The deck is stacked against us. I can complete the contract for the Park, make it look like the model unit and sell it. 2 years to get the money back. We have to take an extended look at Thailands view of farangs. It's not the same as 10 years ago. There is more agression against us after the Thaksin attitude. I think there will be more. I'm not sure I really want to bring more money into the country just because of that.

Hi Admin2337 - There is no getting around the fact that The Park is very late in delivery. Strange you did not receive the extension letter mine arrived by registered post (DHL) dated 30th September 2006. Technically we are looking at the completion date no later than the 30th September 2007 (obviously past) clause 4.2 (page 3 of the contract) covers this.

From a personal perspective on a noise level all I could hear was the air-con, but I think there is some good news for you. I understand that the only units left for sale fall outside of the 49% foreign ownership quota. If you do decide to sell after completion (I too would not choose to throw the money away) I hear that the price has now increased to 150k psm, perhaps more. There are lots of property professionals on this forum, see what they say, but there could be a good profit to be made.

Me, well I have been accused of nesting which I guess sums it up :o

I already inspected my unit at Athenee on the 16 Nov. but they set the transfer date sometime in Jan. 2008.

It looked very good and am very happy with it.

Athenee mailed the plan layout but I have not yet been given an inspection date. Have you received any more news?

hi corkscrew, if you havent already, you might consider calling and setting up the inspection. i called tcc capitaland and they just gave me a range of dates so i could do it at my convenience.

Edited by a1a1

I already inspected my unit at Athenee on the 16 Nov. but they set the transfer date sometime in Jan. 2008.

Athenee mailed the plan layout but I have not yet been given an inspection date. Have you received any more news?

hi corkscrew, if you havent already, you might consider calling and setting up the inspection. i called tcc capitaland and they just gave me a range of dates so i could do it at my convenience.

Hi,tccapitaland called and have moved the transfer to March '08,saying there is a holdup at the land department. Didnt get too many details but that is the new target month.Cheers.

Hi,tccapitaland called and have moved the transfer to March '08,saying there is a holdup at the land department. Didnt get too many details but that is the new target month.Cheers.

Seems like the land dept is doing basically nothing as I should have transferred my condo this month and was also told a delay until March . This is Condo One Siam which is completely finished and should be ready for moving in. I was told delay was due to the land dept. who have other things on their minds at the moment such as elections etc etc

I spoke with TCC and they said we could have the first inspection in about a week. And second one in February. They said the delay was due to a hold up at the Land Office. They said we could even start decorating before we made the final 70% payment.

I spoke with TCC and they said we could have the first inspection in about a week. And second one in February. They said the delay was due to a hold up at the Land Office. They said we could even start decorating before we made the final 70% payment.

ok that's good news. i'll see my condo for its first inspection next week and let you know how that goes. i really hope there will be few if any adjustments that need to be made.

ok that's good news. i'll see my condo for its first inspection next week and let you know how that goes. i really hope there will be few if any adjustments that need to be made.

Yes,I meant to add that at my first inspection the entire property looked as though it was getting its finishing touches (and that was a couple of weeks ago!). So in this case at least, it seems the holdup is not with the developer. Oh and they told me I could start decorating before transfer aswell which would be great.

I am going to bring my decorator company (Asia Motiffs) when I go for the first inspection....plus my camera with a fish-eye lens. That way we can leisurely do an ex-parte inspection as well. I am not worried as TCC is a first rate company. I just want to have a visual memory of everthing.

I am looking forward to this.

PS: We have three garage spaces but I am not sure where they are in the garage.

I am going to bring my decorator company (Asia Motiffs) when I go for the first inspection....plus my camera with a fish-eye lens. That way we can leisurely do an ex-parte inspection as well. I am not worried as TCC is a first rate company. I just want to have a visual memory of everthing.

im considering using asian motifs also although they're a bit pricey. did you talk to any other decorators that were a little more economical?

for garage spaces, i understand that there may be a little under the table stuff going on to get the "better" spaces, hopefully they can assign the spots at the first inspection.

Hi Corkscrew,

We have a unit at Athenee with an initial inspection in the first week of Feb. We were wondering if they gave you a set date for your second inspection or is it open not knowing what may need correcting? We were trying to guess how much in between time they were planning for corrections.

Hi admin 2337 - I agree work is very slow. I understand that this is due to the sheer number of contractors involved.

We too had a pre-inspection where we saw our unfinished unit (and other almost completed units) but that was so we could take some measurements for furnishing the place, not for transfer. Later on we did transfer even though the communal areas are not yet completed. This decision was based on our situation and the high standard of the completed work in our unit. However that said if anyone expects the exact same building standard as in the west they clearly need to rethink, and I think it has been a tough time to achieve what has been achieved.

We are however prepared to wait for the highest quality to be delivered in the final product.

I believe it is important to note the status of other constructions that were initiated at the same time - it looks like they are all much on the same timescale for completion. The Park is still some way off.

I was passing The Park a few days ago, looking at how they are getting on at The Address next door. I thought your building looks very impressive. Hope you spend many happy years there.

I was passing The Park a few days ago, looking at how they are getting on at The Address next door. I thought your building looks very impressive. Hope you spend many happy years there.

Thanks for the update scl1056 - We will take delivery of much of our furniture and have the built in wardrobes installed mid February, so the unit itself will be usable. We are watching the finishing of the communal areas/other units with interest.

A bright point is our timing on the transfer of our offshore funds mid December last year (even though the project, not unit, is not yet complete). I thought the rate had deteriorated quite badly to 67.8 (from 70-75 over the last 3 years). The amount transferred did not seem to affect the rate (I transferred 163k GBP), but my god the onshore rate is now around 64.5, yikes!

Inspection went well, most things were fine, although none of the exterior doors on anyone's units seemed to fit (there was a big gap at the top). The building is also a study in odd contrasts: you have an exterior that looks fairly modern and bright with an almost indiscernable Thai influence, and then an interior that is decorated in dark colors with Khmer-looking decor. Hopefully they will repaint the building in a dark color. :o Oh also the parking spaces haven't been allocated yet, supposedly, although I understand some people have already reserved spaces. Pull strings!

This link was posted by scl1056 on another forum. It's a google Earth link forcused on The Park and The Address. By scrolling around you can see around you can just about see every project in the whole area.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie...p;z=18&om=0

The pictuture also puts The Park and The Address developments in perspective and you can clearly see the old British Embassy land now up for development.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Bangkok and can report on The Park. The Juristic team are excellent. Although we did not sleep in our new unit we spent every day working in it. Work continues on communal areas and certainly on some of the units on our floor. Building dust was our biggest problem.

Power did go off once and water was turned off at night, but we could take deliveries, test everything, install wardrobes etc. It was a tiring week. The doors to our unit have now been sealed to prevent building dust from entering.

We seem to have our own private army at The Park. Two squads (night shift and day shift) of 15 formed up one evening obviously for some briefing. It looked like a military parade (something I thought I had left behind at the full on military boarding school I attended as a child). I'm going to have to get used to being saluted and having people very keen to assist. Anything that they could 'take off our hands' as a task, was done, full stop.

Lifts (that we used) were finished (but operated by security) Windows were cleared of paint; stickers etc whilst we were there and it looks very much like reception will soon be operational. The glass on reception was cleaned up and protective material removed from its windows and the glass decorative covering/canopy to the driveway.

Some pictures from our unit showing The Park and its relationship to The Athenee and our ‘parade ground’ (something must have gone wrong they dug up a section of the private entrance approach whist we were there).

Stirling has now fallen to around 63.5 from our final payment rate of 67.8 on around 10m THB. Although The Park is now in a ‘penalty phase’ as from September 30 2007 at 0.01% per day to a maximum of 10% of the purchase price, FX movement for me has indeed proved the greater anticipated danger, completing early has proved a wise gamble (so far anyway). In a sense I guess The Park now have an added incentive to complete as quickly as possible.

post-16669-1203410644_thumb.jpg

post-16669-1203410752_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the insight and photos. We are inspecting one of our units this week too. I'm just concerned about furniture that is coming from abroad and some them are really long....wonder if they'll fit in the elevator. Something I will need to confirm with the authorities there. -JRK

Just got this PM from annamaria4711

Manhattan Chidlom is finished..I think 25 keys were handed over ..ie 25 units were moved into

Question has it been finished to a high spec..to some degree it has (car park area still needs finishing) but other aspects the contractors or te client has cut corners..ie in the main reception area both in the design and when you enter the lobby it is obvious that some of the walls should have carried a water feature, the water feature is not there but the ripple effect dark are there, looking rather empty. The main red chandilier in the lobby is not as grand as it should be and is accompanied by other chandeliers...I think the interior designers must have been juniors. Major Developments did not spend as much on Manhattan as they did in the Fullerton which in my view and experience is the best they have achieved thus far, its a shame becasue the location of Manhattan is by far better located than even the Fullerton what with all the new shopping malls, gymns restaurants tennis clubs etc.

I found it a shame that Major allow cars to park immedialtely outside their front entrance, as this should ahve been given over to garden features..again designers did not think.

But internally and its one of the things that I liked about their units, lots of windows and if you have a corner unit great ventilation. The facilities ie the gymn is not massive and the pool certainly is not anything to shout home about..infact the communal features are rather all boxed in, squashed in, BUT then you are only 5 mins walk away from many other gyms, walk from the tennis club behind the old Hilton next to the Address.

Al in all..its a shame that Major did not spend a little more time and a touch more money, but at least its finished..and its amazing how many buildings are left abandoned in Bangkok, the new government should come up with some policy to help aliviate this..ie when a project comes to a point where there is a dispute and work stops the government should state a given time that developers and investors come to an agreement with the help of an intermediary..and if they don't come to an agreement then government takes building and continues..instead of spending years with lawyers..the only people that get anything is the lawyers.

So that's it..yes its finished..i think its agreat location, but some small design snagging left over from my point if view, but at least its up.

Hope this helps.....

PS..doe anyone have any idea as to who has bought the land on the other side of the canal, all the warehouses are been knowcked down I hear rumours once that it was Siam Futures wanting to install their signatures small botique leisure venue..woould be great if it is..does anyone know anything about this area?

Night time picture taken 10th February 08. Stolen from the skyscraper forum.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.p...189&page=33

Thanks for the update PKRV.

When do you think the communal areas will be complete? I have had an email from the park asking me to inspect my unit at the end of April. I told them i will probably be over in July, and they seemed happy with this. I am in no rush, and hopefully by the time i complete the pound will have risen.

Asian Motiffs will be inspecting my unit in March, which will hopefully give me a clearer indication of time scales. They also said a few of their clients had completed.

I still think, even with all the delays, that the Park is by far the best development. All the others have lots of small units, which in my opinion ruin the exclusivity of the project and my the communal facilities overcrowded.

I am looking forward to seeing it finished, and being able to use it.

Night time picture taken 10th February 08. Stolen from the skyscraper forum.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.p...189&page=33

Thanks for the update PKRV.

When do you think the communal areas will be complete? I have had an email from the park asking me to inspect my unit at the end of April. I told them i will probably be over in July, and they seemed happy with this. I am in no rush, and hopefully by the time i complete the pound will have risen.

Asian Motiffs will be inspecting my unit in March, which will hopefully give me a clearer indication of time scales. They also said a few of their clients had completed.

I still think, even with all the delays, that the Park is by far the best development. All the others have lots of small units, which in my opinion ruin the exclusivity of the project and my the communal facilities overcrowded.

I am looking forward to seeing it finished, and being able to use it.

Most probably we all think our units are the best or we wouldn't have plunked down the enormous sums we have. As it pertains to the Park, since there are two buildings, does each building have its own communal facilities or is there one area that both use?

Hmm.... guys you may have more on your plate than you may think... It is not a matter of which property is the best, in the very, very best Thailand has to offer as a city region full stop.

There is a six month law limit, on condominium formation.

I do not wish to cause alarm here, and have absolutely no intention of breaking Thai Sovereign Law, but Quote:

According to Thailand condo laws year 2522, the AGM meetings must occur within six months of the registration. This is possibly not going to happen on various developments including The Park.

Any Comments - PKRV