How To Find Lawyer In Myanmar

TwoDogz

^

The best option is to contact a Thai firm with affiliate offices in myanmar. All of the major firms in BKK have either an office in myanmar or an associated attorney in Myanmar. Honestly this is the best way. If you have a problem you have someone local to yell at, and the Myanmar attorney does not want to lose a Thai law firm as a client. If you choose your own Myanmar attorney, well you're on you're own and good luck resolving any problems with it.

My personal recommendations are chandler & thong-ek (I worked for them when I was in law school) when I was in bangkok. www.ctlo.com The other one is Tillekke Gibbons. Both have myanmar related offices.

well you could just call and ask for an estimate. It really depends on what you need done. If it is something simple, it shouldn't be that more expensive. If it is something really big (like developing a hotel or something) yeah it's going to be pricey wherever you go.

The thing with legal service is like cars: fast, cheap, reliable, choose two. If you want something done correctly and the fact that you called a bunch of lawyers with no one returning your phone calls kind of indicates what will be the problems. Sure the myanmar lawyer charges 60k baht instead of 250k. Well what happens when you give the money and never hear from him again?

I would not give the money to be never heard from again.

The 60k was from a Bangkok based thai and foreign firm, just not a global international firm.

Agree that none of the myanmar enquiries are a sign of what is to come, hense my reasoning for asking here for perhaps any contact from someone who has experience with one and knows they are reliable etc.

Word of mouth and personal recommendations go a long way I have found...but not every time.

Well if you want personal recommendations you got it. I worked at Chandler and dealt alot with Tilleke Gibbons. Both I can PERSONALLY vouch for that they are legitimate and quality. Why don't you just ask how much they would charge. Neither one is a "global powerhouse" (that would be Baker & McKenzie), but they are large enough and reputable enough.

• Like 1

Got what sounds thus far to be a good contact by pm.

I'll wait a bit and see how that pans out.

Tbkk, not something I wish to make public here. But basically to find out cost and requirements for an organisation there to be formed.