Honda City Cng - Manual In English ?

SONNY49

I just ordered a new Honda City CNG and asked the dealer if it was possible to get or buy a manual in english. I know, but I just had to ask, even if I did realize it was not possible. The car will be delivered jan/march 2013. I am prepaird to pay some money for it. Have been all around internet to try to get an emailadress to honda in asia but no luck. Any good advices are appreciated.

• 7 months later...

Hi Sonny49.

Any luck to get an English manual for your Honda City CNG?

I got my City CNG a month ago, but no dealer have so far been able to respond to my request for this manual.

I'm surprised that Honda can get away with ignoring all their non-Thai customers.

Guess we are not persistent enough when buying.

English manuals have to exist, because this car is also exported to India.

Honda Dealerships can most certainly provide english handbook's for their products.

Interestingly enough to get that request fulfilled twice they asked for a copy of my UK passport......2 weeks later book is ready for collection.

If the vehicle is a "thai only honda city cng", not sure if a manual is available. Cars sold across many markets usually have an english manual - my old honda civic 2.0 7th gen was not sold widely and I could not get a 2.0 manual - only the manual for the 1.7 was available. Similarly, I haven't been able to get a manual for my swift but I'm pretty sure one should be available. I Might have to get one from India:)

I am having a hell of a time getting one for my City. They did ask for a copy of my passport, so I gave it to them. 2 weeks later, they called me and told me to come get it. I went. They gave me a manual in Spanish!!!! She is working on getting the English one again. I hope this will happen one day! This is at Honda Rama IV.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the same problem with a Jazz. The wife asked for an English manual when she ordered the car in January 2012. We picked up the car in June but no manual. she's asked several times and they say it isn't here yet. I don't know if they realise that I know they're taking the piss or not. This is in Mahasarakham and I'm not impressed with them at all.

I was back in the UK for several months and I was under the impression that the tyre pressures had been checked but it turned out they hadn't so after about 9 or 10 months I checked them and they were still about 5 or 6 pounds over pressure. This was when they were cold. It's the same with the Honda Scoopi i that we bought. They don't seem to have a gauge so they just pump them up until the feel solid.

I don't know if other companies are the same but Honda don't seem to be checking them out too much.

I'll try to contact Honda Thailand and see if they can help with the manual. I have found one online as a PDF for the US and Canadian models which is the only way I've been able to find out about certain functions but I don't see why they can't provide one here. Their brochures have all the headings in English for some reason.

Its not only Honda tho, its Toyota as well. Bought a Fortuner 6 weeks ago and ordered and paid for a English manual, about 300 baht.

They called us last week and said, sorry dont have a English manual for a Fortuner...

• 2 months later...

I just went to pick up my Honda City CNG and have encountered the same issue with the manual. Although I ordered it 3 weeks ago they still have no idea if it actually exists. Has anyone received an English manual?

Antoher point I wanted to bring up on the City CNG - I ordered the V model, most expensive and found out it is lacking 2 things - no rear wheel disk brakes although the non-CNG model has rear wheel disks (they claim it is to cut down on weight due to large tank in the back), and there is no night mirror. Of course the sales girl had no idea what a night mirror was and when I showed her it on all of the other Hondas she again had no idea what the function was - sort of like going to Home Pro and asking a question... mae rou or mae me... anyway bottom line is I just paid over 700,000 baht for a car that has no nigh mirror and at that time Honda has no idea if they can even change mine over to a night mirror for a fee!

Amazing Thailand.

• 2 months later...

Got a new Civic --managed to get (after a fight) a car Manual but the sat nav system they tell me doesn't have an English manual

had lots of Hondas but have had enough of the hassle --its a Ford next time

Better be prepared for a lot more hassle than you have had with Honda.

Got a new Civic --managed to get (after a fight) a car Manual but the sat nav system they tell me doesn't have an English manual

had lots of Hondas but have had enough of the hassle --its a Ford next time

Enjoy the Brilliant Ford Service,they dont know a Ford from an Isuzu up countrycheesy.gif

• 1 month later...

All manuals are available in English. I bought a new Honda City in September. At first the sales coordinator said not available. I said that's impossible because Thai production is exported to Australia, India, S'pore, etc. After much delay I talked to the managing director of the dealership and said I would contact Honda Thailand myself and 2 days later I had the English manual.

See this link for contact info:

http://www.honda.co.th/en/contact

http://www.honda.co.th/en/company/overview

Hope this is helpful.