Prolific Posters : Who Are They And Why ?

philw

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that most posters respond out of sheer boredom. Especially the one liners that really do very little but add to their post count and increase the number of responses in any given post. If I was "Stuck" behind a computer as my base job I would go nuts and the last thing I would want to do is spend more time looking at my computer.

To the OP Philw, Yes some will post 30 times a day but go view those 30 posts. Most are written like they are sitting with a friend chatting a way. A lot are adversarial and typically not much substance and more over it shows very little self control on when they should or should not post.I always wondered how many people post when they are drunk or high.

I personally will read a thread that has peaked my interest and respond if I feel it appropriate. There are no winners for most thread responses but it does tend to say a lot about that person and how they spend their time and lives.

Post count is an irrelevance.

Half of mine are pure banter on the footie forum....a third one lners....a pile of nonsense on this forum and just a handful of useful posts which occasionally you might get thanks for.

Anyway its all good fun!

It keeps me out of the pub anyway...:lol:

SDS

Small D_ick Syndrome . Posting on TV . It makes some people feel big in other ways .

careful now, anymore double posts and your little wee wee will shrink without you knowing it. next thing you know you'll have to change your durian photo to two peas in a pod.

I find that most posters respond out of sheer boredom. Especially the one liners that really do very little but add to their post count and increase the number of responses in any given post. If I was "Stuck" behind a computer as my base job I would go nuts and the last thing I would want to do is spend more time looking at my computer.

To the OP Philw, Yes some will post 30 times a day but go view those 30 posts. Most are written like they are sitting with a friend chatting a way. A lot are adversarial and typically not much substance and more over it shows very little self control on when they should or should not post.I always wondered how many people post when they are drunk or high.

I personally will read a thread that has peaked my interest and respond if I feel it appropriate. There are no winners for most thread responses but it does tend to say a lot about that person and how they spend their time and lives.

uhuh.

Half of mine are pure banter on the footie forum....a third one lners....a pile of nonsense on this forum and just a handful of useful posts which occasionally you might get thanks for.

Anyway its all good fun!

It keeps me out of the pub anyway...laugh.png

Stop trolling smokie. biggrin.png

• Like 1

The Phuket forum gets a bit rough but i like to pop my head in.

Really? I find it dull. My axe to grind there is that I used to sometimes followed the advice on restaurants and boy was I disappointed. I didn't say anything as it wasn't worth making a fuss, but dang I was a might bit peeved once my insides starting exploding outwards, if you know what I mean. I sometimes wonder if some of the people offering definitive statements on Thais actually know any outside of the bar. laugh.png

Anyway its all good fun!

There's a forum for that, the I drink too much forum.

It's good that you stay out of the pub. Too many riff raff in there drinking the devil's poison and then getting up to hijinks like making saucy comments at the ladyboys and then falling prey to their seductive wiles, waking up all naked and violated.

• Like 1

Anyway its all good fun!

It's good that you stay out of the pub. Too many riff raff in there drinking the devil's poison and then getting up to hijinks like making saucy comments at the ladyboys and then falling prey to their seductive wiles, waking up all naked and violated.

Sounds like a great pub......where is it?

• Like 2

The Phuket forum gets a bit rough but i like to pop my head in.

Really? I find it dull. My axe to grind there is that I used to sometimes followed the advice on restaurants and boy was I disappointed. I didn't say anything as it wasn't worth making a fuss, but dang I was a might bit peeved once my insides starting exploding outwards, if you know what I mean. I sometimes wonder if some of the people offering definitive statements on Thais actually know any outside of the bar. laugh.png

Probably the restuarant owners and their friends giving the advice GK

Anyway its all good fun!

Wow! All this happens after a bottle of Leo! I'm staying off the sauce...

Yes!!! Who are these people!!! I demand to know!!!

Some of us can't get a word in!!!!

Isn't the OP one of them???

He seems to be more of a different type of poster.

The type that tosses out a drive-by OP under the pretext of asking for opinions and then never returns to the thread, even after 2 days and a hundred-plus replies.

Edited by Buchholz

Some, not all are the only farang in the village and are bored with the local conversations, with humour being lost on the locals, therefore they seek mental stimulation of any kind on here.

I can relate to this..... +1 .........Last time I had a face to face English conversation was 3 months ago and prior to that 9 months.

I think this will be me when I retire. I guess with so few posts in 7 years I am a potential serial poster in the making!

Thus spake Thaivisa's most Prolific Poster

------------------------------------------------------------

One of the most popular TV shows in the 1960s was STAR TREK.

The mission of the USS Enterprise was "to boldly go where no man has gone before". Split infinitives ruled the day!

William Shatner played the part of Captain Kirk.

Years later, William Shatner attended a convention for Star Trek fans. He was appalled to see people dressed as Klingons and speaking a kind of Klingon language.

These people were his fans. He spoke to them. He said:

GET A LIFE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do I find it so easy to picture you as a little schoolby wearing short trousers?

The mission of the USS Enterprise was "to boldly go where no man has gone before". Split infinitives ruled the day!

Years later, William Shatner attended a convention for Star Trek fans. He was appalled to see people dressed as Klingons and speaking a kind of Klingon language.

GET A LIFE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do I find it so easy to picture you as a little schoolby wearing short trousers?

Seems like you envy those who have gone beyond and survived Thaivisa. whistling.gif ....smile.png

Garbage. I'm a perennial survivor and my wife is half-Klingon.

Interesting to note, though, that the little schoolboy doesn't address the issue re: his short trousers.

GET A LIFE

Perhaps because you have a vivid and creative imagination.

SC

GET A LIFE

Perhaps because you have a vivid and creative imagination.

SC

Think he has, mind you, having to walk around with ears like that probably has an effect. w00t.gif

They changed it 'to boldly go where no one has gone before' after somebody complained.

I know a few guys like that.

• 3 weeks later...

427178_426306050741056_1847938973_n.jpg

This is the real Smokie hammock........it's well known by everyone on this forum that Smokie36 is a personal friend of mine. He'll possibly be along in a minute to pass comment however before he does let me say something.

Of all the people you can think of in your life that deserve pity, Smokie36 is not one of them........I won't embarrass this fine gentleman by explaining why, however I will say that if any of you ever get a chance to have a beer and a blether with Smokie, take it.

You'll meet a gentleman of the first order...............and for those trolls out there that think they are being smart with comments and posts like the one above.......you're not in his class in any way. thumbsup.gif

There's an old saying that I can paraphrase to suit this moment......the saying is " very often it's not what is said that causes offence, but the manner in which it is said "............let's paraphrase that..........

" very often it's not what is said that tells the story, it's what is left unsaid "............work out that riddle if you can TM, the rest of us that actually know and socialize with each other will just continue to snigger at your ridiculous posts.

Carry on coffee1.gif

Bophut Lodge. Truly a wonderful place. If i have to stay on Samui, it is definitely my first choice, and you can get into a whole world of trouble within 150 meters of the place. I had heard changes are afoot there, though the conversation is hazy and may well have been imagined.

As for Smokie, I can not for the life of me understand why you would feel the need to defend him. he seems like a big enough boy to take care of himself.

The view from room 8 at the Bophut Lodge

387998_426306520741009_1572404658_n.jpg

Anyway as for Smokie36.......it was partly a defence of him, but more to say that some of us actually know each other, and what some people perceive to be the case ( trolls in particular ) and what is actually the case are two distinctly different things.

I can't add to that........privacy is key on the forum.

I can see my "house" from there ;-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can relate to this..... +1 .........Last time I had a face to face English conversation was 3 months ago and prior to that 9 months.

So you never go shopping in a local Supermarket? If you want, you can get connected there. But if you prefer to be also there for your own, ok, but the possibility would exist to have at least a small talk.rolleyes.gif

• 11 years later...

I think one should only post a comment, or submit a Topic, when one has something useful to add to the forum.

Also, any more than 10 or 20 comments per day seems more like an addiction, rather than contribution.

Maybe 15 posts per day could be considered a happy medium.

Still, it should be up to the individual to decide how much time of his/her day they are able to devote to the forum, without shirking personal obligations of their work or their family life.

And, if there were no posters, of the prolific kind, then there might not, actually, be much of a forum to read.