Where Is Your Thai Partner/spouse From Originally?

Chittychangchang

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is totally beyond me why anyone would introduce any information about their wife, g/f, children or anyone they care about here on TV.

Doin so is invariably an excuse for the bitter and twisted section of TV membership to launch their snide and nasty comments.

LOL, I say let the sick and twisted have a go at my vote....

Wife's family comes from China, both sides. I find it's a shame my wife completely denies her chinese ancestry, it would make a very interesting story.

From what I know :

On the mother side, great grand father chinese, quite poor (very poor ?) when he arrived in Thailand. The family, through three generation, moved from Nong Khai to Korat to finally end up in Bangkok.

On the father side, as I understand ancestors were quite successful chinese fish traders who settle 2 generation ago in Bangkok.

I have Chinese friends from Cambodia and Singapore, all are very proud of their ancestors and all had at least one time in their life visit the Chinese place where their family comes from. In Thailand, they are not interested at all. Every time I talk about it, they very quickly talk about something else. Weird !

Edited by JurgenG

Wife's family comes from China, both sides. I find it's a shame my wife completely denies her chinese ancestry, it would make a very interesting story.

From what I know :

On the mother side, great grand father chinese, quite poor (very poor ?) when he arrived in Thailand. The family, through three generation, moved from Nong Khai to Korat to finally end up in Bangkok.

On the father side, as I understand ancestors were quite successful chinese fish traders who settle in the south but then almost immediately 2 generation ago moved to Bangkok.

I have Chinese friends from Cambodia and Singapore, all are very proud of their ancestors and all had at least one time in their life visit the Chinese place where their family comes from. In Thailand, they are not interested at all. Every time I talk about it, they very quickly talk about something else. Weird !

I think it is because they read Thai Visa. When he Thai/Chinese discussin starts well.... It is only a matter of time eh?