True Satellite Available In Flats?

redmongoose

I know this is going to sound absurd, but I was told tonight that you can't have TRUE satellite installed in Bangkok flats unless you own the flats (i.e., the flat is actually a condo). This doesn't make sense to me on so many levels and I could swear I have seen the dishes in every conceivable kind of residential building, some of which are surely not condos with mortgages, but rather basic flats with tenants paying mortgages.

I am due to move into my new flat early in November and was assured that I would be able to order TRUE on my own and pay for it - the landlord wouldn't get involved at all. Now, however, they are saying it is illegal to have it in the flat.

The truth is that I really need TRUE in order to watch the football from the English Premier League. The cable system this apartment building has includes matches from virtually every other league except the EPL. I'd really like to get to the truth of the matter with TRUE (no pun intended), but alternately, if there is some subscription service I could pay for online that won't incur buffering or using dodgy websites, I could settle for that.

Thanks a lot for any help you can give me.

Many condo have a True or alternative Satellite system installed already for distribution to each Condo in the building. I my case I could get True on the various plans or cheaper alternative called STV which is only 300THB per month but no EPL only MU and European football. So see if you Condo has this already. If your in new condo block it most likely going to have rules about dish installation, if it older and there are dishes every where then you most likely in luck. The other issues is do you have a clear view to the sky of the Thaicom 5 Satellite from your condo so you can install a dish if allowed? Have a look at which way all the red dishes are pointing. There will be a solution just ask around.

Most flats/condos have it distributed to every room. Call true and have them come to set it up for you, there's just a small equipment deposit to pay.

The only places u likely couldn't get it would be most fully serviced apartments and hotels who already have their own custom ubc package piped to every room.