Depressed Woman 'fed Herself To Crocodiles' At Popular Thai Tourist Attraction

webfact

Depressed woman 'fed herself to crocodiles' at popular Thai tourist attraction

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

640px-Siamcroc.JPG

File photo. Source Wikipedia

SAMUT PRAKARN: -- A woman who was suffering from depression is believed to have fed herself to the crocodiles at a popular tourist attraction in Thailand.

The 36-year-old Thai woman told her husband that she was going to see a doctor and would then go to popular Crocodile Farm in Samut Prakarn just outside Bangkok.

She never returned home but she was caught on CCTV cameras entering the tourist attraction 20 miles south of the capital.

The mystery has deepened because the Crocodile Farm have reportedly denied the incident took place.

However, husband Sunai Jisathra, 55, claims he was told by workers there that a woman fitting his wife Tiphawan's description had been killed.

He said farm workers told him it happened after the woman 'jumped intentionally' into a crocodile pit.

Mr Jisathra also said he had been contacted by a man who said he represented the farm and wished to make a settlement.

The husband said that he was not surprised. His wife had money problems and had suffered from depression for a long time.

'It was possible she had committed suicide to escape her troubles,' he said.

He said he would not file any charges against the farm owner. All he wanted was the truth and that incidents at tourist attractions in Thailand can often be covered up.

Source: http://www.dailymail...attraction.html

-- Mail Online 2012-09-06

SAMUT PRAKAN - A husband has filed a missing person report with police, saying he believes his wife was eaten by crocodiles at a local reptile farm.

Sanei Jitsathra, 55, also gave police a picture of his wife, Tiwaphan Jitsathra, 36.

He said she has been missing since Aug 24. She left the house early that morning to see a doctor at a local clinic. She told him she would stop at the Samut Prakan crocodile farm afterwards.

As usual, he left for work but came home to an empty home that night. Unable to find her, he contacted the village headman, who set up a search team to find his missing wife, Mr Sanei said.

One of the members of the search team worked at the crocodile farm and had told him that a woman fell into a crocodile pit earlier that day. He said the husband's description of his missing wife matched the victim.

Mr Sanei contacted the police the next day, asking that they help him find his wife. Police said they had questioned several employees at the crocodile farm, who all insisted that the claim was untrue.

However, his wife was spotted at the entrance to the crocodile farm on pictures from one of the surveillance cameras there and a copy of the picture was given to police investigators.

The husband said he was contacted a few days later by a man hired by the owner of the farm to negotiate a “settlement”.

He said he did not want any money, but would like to know whether his wife is dead, so that he could perform funeral rites for her.

He said the villager who worked at the farm told him that his wife had intentionally jumped into the crocodile pit.

The husband admitted that he was not surprised. His wife had money problems and had suffered from depression for a long time. It was possible she had committed suicide to escape her troubles, he said.

He said he would not file any charges against the farm owner. All he wanted was the truth about his wife’s fate.

Police said they were still looking into the case. /BKK Post 2012-09-06

footer_n.gif

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is true, I can't think of any more horrific way to top yourself.

However, I can't help but think tht she may have faked her death / done a runner on all of her trouble and financial strain. It reminds me of an incident that happened in my native British Columbia, Canada on the BC Ferries. When the ferry arrived in Vancouver and began to unload, one of the cars was unoccupied and the driver was nowhere to be found. It was assumed he had jumped off the ferry and killed himself by drowning / hypothermia. Initial investigation by the RCMP found that he had big financial problems, which reinforced this belief.

The RCMP always get their man though. It was eventually found that he had simply walked off the ferry with the foot passengers in a clever attempt to leave his old life behind.

Maybe this woman did the same? Found another way out of the park and let everyone believe she was crocodile food.

Edited by bino
  • Like 2

The settlement is basically so that the husband doesn't cause any problems with tourists warning them not to go to the zoo as it will be damaging for the company. Also it is a sign of respect for the zoo owner to make a cash settlement to the family of the deceased to help replace the income lost tothere house hold now she has past and he is of some right because it was on his land. no one would be liable because things don't work like that here if you piss some one off you don't get taken to court you get a bullet in your head!!

A strange way to go...

(But why would the husband even make a comment of filing charges against the owners of the crocodile farm, they would not be liable for anything if she intentionally put herself in harms way and knowing this why would the owners make a "settlement" offer in the first place ?

)
  • Like 2

hmmmm....story seems fishy.

That's got to be an excruciating way to end it all... seems counter-intuitive for someone who is looking to END the pain.

disposing of a body via crocs/gators is a good way to eliminate evidence of foul play.

Edited by NanaFoods
  • Like 1

I have it on good faith that crocodiles defecate. Wouldn't there be some evidence that they devoured a (most probably) fully clothed human being? (Not to mention the evidence left at the scene of "incident".) Sorry, but right now, I don't buy it.

• Like 1

Incredibly sad news --horrifing --this will stay with me all day, so sad.

Money lenders, it happens all the time Thais just dont know finance and get them selves in a mess.

So may things the rich could do for the poor instead of buying Ferrari's and run over police men.

• Like 2

hmmmm....story seems fishy.

That's got to be an excruciating way to end it all... seems counter-intuitive for someone who is looking to END the pain.

disposing of a body via crocs/gators is a good way to eliminate evidence of foul play.

Is it? They don't leave ANYTHING? 'Don't know much about crocs or gators, but surely there'd be bits of bone, clothing, blood, etc. In the west, the farm staff wouldn't be allowed to clean that up or touch the scene at all until the forensics examiners had finished their work.

Some disrespectful posts as well conspiracy theory posts and replies have been removed.

Which seemed to include my post for reasons not understood ??

So I will say again:

This is NOT the first time this has happened, I visited this farm 11 years ago & exactly the same thing happened to an unfortunate young lady

A sad tale if the translation hasnt distorded, so many threads hard to accept.... "... just off to the docs for some meds for my depression, will pop into the croc farm on way home ( to cheer myself up..? ).. "....Hubby doesnt think this strange or cares......... and depression caused by financial difficulties ?,...but hubby declines cash compo......doubt if the debts dissapeared with her...

Edited by Rimmer
font
  • Like 1