Vespa 125

LawrenceChee

Ready to buy ...just good to research the site for info ...everyone seems to be an expert here :-)

Yes, but no one knows where you're located in relation to the malls and a 7/11.

The Vespa's are a little pricey (IMO), but if you want one, just put petrol in when it's needed......... and relax it won't cost a fortune.

I am not expert about it, just look info. for you and I also get to know more (a little bitsmile.png).

You can calculate how much cost for benzine per month, depend on how many kilometers you ride.

Example: you ride (to mall or 7-11) 10 km. per day, 300 km. per month

Vespa 125 (carburetor type) - you can ride approx. 26-30 km./liter, so cost you approx. 10 liters x 43 baht = 430 baht per month.

Vespa 125 (fuel injection) , 30-33 km./liter, it will be cost for you approx. 390 baht .

These are made in Vietnam and quite a poor representation of what a real Vespa should be quality wise.

Are they the same price as the ones sold in the west?

Are they not still a serious step up in quality from the other scooters sold here - Wave, Dream, PCX, Nouvo, Fino, ...

I don't believe there is really any real made in country products for most stuff these days as Toyota Isuzu and Honda are all jap brands made in Thailand

Quality wide when one rides a Vespa there is a joy in there u won't get out of a wave zzz...no ego here anyone who loves a vintage driving machine knows it feels different ...

Go down by the river and buy a used one if you want classic. How many times a week do you plan on going to the mall you are asking a question no one has an answer too. I have a PCX 150 great bike for around town and trips on the road, I never take it to the mall because it is more convient to take a red taxi from where I live. I do ride it around town a lot and average about 40 l/km. good luck on what ever you buy be defensive.

• Like 1

average about 40 l/km.

That's thirsty.

heheheh yeah I am a big boy but the 40 is average around town about 42 and on the highway 39. I think the in town better because of the auto turn off at stops, works really well when its time to go just twist and you are gone

I had a Vespa in the 1960's and loved it.........did the London - Southend thing many times........it was a real 'pulling' machine (Brits will get my drift). I (my dad actually) bought it on HP and the cost was about £180 (I think). Boy I wish I still had a few of them in mint condition.

i would assume you are refering to lx125. really, 10 inch rims isnt the thing here with all the giant pots holes and the lx125 pathetic front braking power is just about as bad as the older px, sprint and so on. further more the fuel consumption isnt very much better than old 2 stroker vespa in city riding. i get between 30km/l with my px150. maybe you could spend alittle more on a fully restored px150 with sprint nose and handlebar or a sprint with px engine, you get the looks of the classic, reliability of the px engine

actually fuel consumption does matter in smaller scoots especially with the smaller tank

average about 40 l/km.

That's thirsty.

heheheh yeah I am a big boy but the 40 is average around town about 42 and on the highway 39. I think the in town better because of the auto turn off at stops, works really well when its time to go just twist and you are gone

You said 40 l per km. That's thirsty. wink.png

40 km per l is just fine. :P

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai