Bill Clinton Nominates Obama For Re-Election At Dnc

webfact

Good post JT. Yes, back on topic, Clinton's speech was one of the best he ever made, and he looked at the top of his game. IMO, the two best Presidents of my lifetime have been Clinton and Reagan. Go figure. wink.png

I was about to love your post, and then came the R word! w00t.gif
  • Like 1

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dead silence. No reaction by the Rep-fans to Clinton's point

The touched the most importend political points

• working together, not against each other and not for one (money oriented) group in the background
  • Rep's burdon for the Dems (war, budget deficit....), the origin of so many problems which couldn't be solved within one election period.

What's the difference between

a.

c70xt3j8a8bbwp5ah.jpg

b. our dogs

c70yb3kcb4ebq943t.jpg

and c. --> the Reps ???

Bill as well as our brother-sister dogs have a brilliant memory and he/they would like to stay shoulder by shoulder with the other party when there is a big problem

First, when it was announced that God had been taken out of their platform and that Jerusalem as the capital of Israel had also been removed, the party offended both Christian and Jewish voters.

What does the first amendment have to do with my post?

Separation of Church and State. Religion should have no part in politics.

You might want to familiarize yourself with the Constitution. For your information:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Separation Of Church and State

The phrase "separation of church and state" does not appear anywhere in the Constitution. Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion. The Religion Topic Page addresses this issue in much greater detail.

http://www.usconstit...not.html#church

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more detail read here:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the founding fathers, Thomas Jefferson, is directly responsible for giving us this phrase. In his 1802 letter to the Danbury Baptist Association, then-President Jefferson used the phrase — it was probably not the first time, but it is the most memorable one. He said:

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his god, [the people, in the 1st Amendment,] declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state.

Jefferson did not have a hand in the authoring of the Constitution, nor of the 1st Amendment, but he was an outspoken proponent of the separation of church and state, going back to his time as a legislator in Virginia. In 1785, Jefferson drafted a bill that was designed to quash an attempt by some to provide taxes for the purpose of furthering religious education. He wrote that such support for religion was counter to a natural right of man:

http://www.usconstit...sttop_reli.html

You're welcome.

. Proving what MCConnell said from the Very beginning "The number one task is to defeat Obama" , So much for putting the future of the USA"number one Task" Shows the priorities of the right wing rabid party now.

What do 40+ years of the Cold War and the 2012 Election have in common?They both were about defeating the Marxists.

Edited by koheesti
  • Like 1

It's said here in the US, that Bill Clinton is not fond of Obama and probably the only reasons he accepted the job of nominating Obama was; 1. keeping his wife in the public eye, possibly for a run at the presidency in 2016, and 2. he is a staunch democrat.,

If you have not read the book, "Amateur", you should.. Obama has pissed a lot of people of with his snobbishness (?), and attitudes and the ineptitudes of his staff.

Bill Clinton was a fanatic about the Kennedy family and when Obama snubbed them, he was pretty pissed.

I just read it a couple weeks ago. It's a shock that man is President.

I'm not familiar with US elections and as far as I'm concerned it's all one big show, as is almost everything in the US, but has there ever been in US history been a party member of either democrats or republicans who didn't endorse or nominate their incumbent president?

And how many Americans really give a toss about Israel or Jerusalem

Most American support Israel. That is why the democrats had to put Jerusalem as the capital of Israel back in their platform. As usual, with the donkeys, it is all about votes.

Oh purlease. Most Americans couldn't point out Israel on a map.

Not if they bought the map in the Middle East. ;)

Dead silence. No reaction by the Rep-fans to Clinton's point

The touched the most importend political points

• working together, not against each other and not for one (money oriented) group in the background
  • Rep's burdon for the Dems (war, budget deficit....), the origin of so many problems which couldn't be solved within one election period.

What silence? Not sure if I said it in this thread but I have pointed out more than once today that Clinton was able to work with the Republican Congress to balance the budget and enact Welfare Reform while he (and Hillary) was under HEAVY fire by the Right. Clinton was even impeached! Yet Obama cries and blames Republicans for not playing nice. Bill Clinton made even right wingers like me nostalgic for a president who isn't - in Bill's own words - an Amateur. We need to get Obama out of the White House asap. Let him back in next when he buys a ticket.

As for your second point, President Obama said early in his term - when he knew FULL WELL what he was up against - that he had three years to fix it and if he couldn't, he would be a one term president. Well, he failed and four more years will just make it worse.

• Like 1

Former President Clinton was brilliant. He delivered, a positive message that made all the points that needed to be made and he did it in a non confrontational, factual method that will appeal to those that think. In one word, he killed. This will be seen as he speech that turned the tide of the campaign and put it back on track. He slowly and calmly showed the weaknesses and flaws in teh the Ryan-Romney platform and did it in a non confrontational, kind, polite manner. Of all of the speeches I have ever seen him give, this has to be one of the best of his career. No other past president in the past 40 years has ever delivered like this man.

I can see the cheap shots will come out about the man. Know why? It is simple. It is, because the detractors are unable to rebut the facts that Mr. Clinton provided. Thank you Mr. Clinton for setting the record straight. Thank you Mr. Clinton for reassuring the world that there are still decent rational Americans around and that not everyone is a nasty, mean doctrinaire bully. To those that are full of hate for President Obama and for others, go back and listen to the speech, and see that hating is not productive. The Democrats have a plan and it's been working. Perhaps not as fast as some would like, but it's producing results and cleaning up the mess the Republicans created.

Cheap shots? Most of the comments have been favorable of Clinton. The way you talk, you'd think we were Democrats slandering about a black Republican woman like Mia Love.

I thought he said a lot of good things but didn't really see how it connected with Obama. He talked about Reps and Dems working together but Obama himself said something along the lines to the Reps that he won and they should get used to it, them blocked them out the first two years. He talked about the need of working with businesses but Obama is about as anti-business as Lenin. So yes, Bill Clinton made a good speech (even if not many people watched because it was opposite the season opener of the American Football season), but he often wasn't talking about Obama.

I watched the Cowboys/Giants game. The commentary was much less bombastic. laugh.png

You and most the country. The ratings are in and Clinton's speech - no matter how good - was blown away by the NFL (American football) season opener.

Approx 21 million watched the game, and under 4 million watched the convention. It was a real slap in the face to Bill to move him from Thursday night to Wednesday night just so he wouldn't upstage Obama.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/09/06/tv-ratings-wednesday-nfl-season-opener-down-but-still-dominates-night-big-brother-so-you-think-you-can-dance-fall-plus-dnc-coverage/147493/

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with US elections and as far as I'm concerned it's all one big show, as is almost everything in the US, but has there ever been in US history been a party member of either democrats or republicans who didn't endorse or nominate their incumbent president?

Yes. Not really unusual in any election.

Being from Europe, maybe a liberal and most likely even a dangerous lefty, I'm not involved in this pure American spectacle (although the result may effect me).

May I just say that after having endured red/yellow shirts here in Thailand I'm puzzled at a democracy as the States being able to call up so much hatred, so much 'blame the others'. At the Statue of Liberty did it say "Give me your fools and idiots" ?

Well I believed everything Bill Clinton said, Just like I did when he said after the Monica L. deal " I did not have sex with that woman". Hey wait a minute, I think Clinton lied about the Monica thing. Gosh maybe he is doing the same on Obama???????? I wonder???????

Edited by rotary
  • Like 2

Not sure on that but there should be this time and the Democrats should get someone to run with a bit more common sense and business background.

Dick Morris used be an adviser to Clinton and he is not exactly unbiased, but I enjoyed his take on the speech.

Bill Clinton: A good lawyer defending a guilty client

You could see all the rhetorical sleights of hand, the magic of a delivery, the wit of the argument, the sarcastic sallies against the other side. All of that was in former President Bill Clinton’s speech at the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday night. But it was clear, as he spoke, that his client was guilty of being a very bad president who has accomplished very little.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz25hcYc4i4

Says it all about you and Having to refer to the Dick and fox news for your case. It's not know as "fake" or "faux news for nothing reason? It aint "news"

Edited by KKvampire

Dick Morris used be an adviser to Clinton and he is not exactly unbiased, but I enjoyed his take on the speech.

Bill Clinton: A good lawyer defending a guilty client

You could see all the rhetorical sleights of hand, the magic of a delivery, the wit of the argument, the sarcastic sallies against the other side. All of that was in former President Bill Clinton’s speech at the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday night. But it was clear, as he spoke, that his client was guilty of being a very bad president who has accomplished very little.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz25hcYc4i4

Says it all about you and Having to refer to the Dick and fox news for your case.

It was an opinion piece on Clinton's long-winded, disingenuous, campaign speech by a Romney supporter. Being a "disinterested" party. perhaps you would prefer an opinion in the New York Times by Barrack Hussein Obama.as a rebuttal? cheesy.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.

Personally I was shocked, was expecting Clinton to come out and nominate Ron Paul.

He mentioned the " Change of Rules " during RNC that EXCLUDED many

Ron Paul candidates so it's INDIRECT mention about Ron Paul.

At Jay Leno's show RP said : NO third party for him. So it's up to Gary Johnson

to include him later. Not sure how that will work out, the system is rigid.

Excellent speech filled with distortions and lies. The funniest part was when he gave Obama credit for natural gas drilling as Obama presses for banning "fracking" (fracking caused the boom).

Distortions indeed. Clinton was failing for the first 2 years. He had to make major concessions and move to the center and work with Republicans - something Obama is unwilling to do - and then things started to improve.

Obama implemented his major initiatives in 2009 when he had control of both houses and could do anything that he wanted - both remain extremely unpopular - and the needle hasn't moved since. He wants to give the SAME plan more time?

Clinton's fantasy that if we just give Obama four more years everything will be peachy is just plain nonsensical. Clinton had the Internet bubble and his cooperation with the GOP to thank for his success. Obama has neither one.

• Like 2

I watched the speech and thought to myself: "this guy is so good, he makes Obama look like an amateur." Looking at the faces in the audience enraptured with the guy it seemed they all wished he were still the President. Overall though, I think he helped Obama in many areas.

I wish Bill were running for president now too. Both candidates this year are awful. I wasn't even a big fan of Bill at the time, but looking back he was pretty great especially compared to those who followed.

I watched the speech and thought to myself: "this guy is so good, he makes Obama look like an amateur." Looking at the faces in the audience enraptured with the guy it seemed they all wished he were still the President. Overall though, I think he helped Obama in many areas.

I wish Bill were running for president now too. Both candidates this year are awful. I wasn't even a big fan of Bill at the time, but looking back he was pretty great especially compared to those who followed.

So True. I'm watching Obama now, and I'm almost thinking they shouldn't have had Bill at the convention at all because the difference is so striking!

• Like 1

The USA should change the +constitution+ and make it similar to Russia, 2 times elected, than one time out and than can come back if elected again. rolleyes.gif

If a country has every few decades a special President, why not use him more?thumbsup.gif

Yes. Not really unusual in any election.

Who wanted to make a second or third ( in the past possible) term and was not nominated by his party?