Drunken-Driving Charge To Be Added In Ferrari Crash: Red Bull Heir

webfact

I disagree ... the case has become so public that Thai people just wouldn't stand for anything less than some goal time. Not to mention the ramifications of getting away with killing a cop, a social injustice in any juridiction.

Not to be a picker of nits Nigel but I enjoyed your typo. It would do this pathetic individual a bit of good to do some serious goal time, especially if Rooney, van Persie, and Scholes were in front of him.

Might give him some real responsibility instead of sitting in daddy's big office chair peddling Krating Daeng all day.

I assume you meant gaol time, a place where his ilk rarely get to visit since hard cash buys all.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some facts

did this guy set out to kill someone - no

was he under the influence at the time of the incident - no way to tell unless people he was with go to court and testify that they know he drank xyz drinks, which brings into question the Thai law regarding "leaving the scene of an accident" which has been built into traffic law in the west for a very long time and needs to be changed here.

If he was tested for DUI 6 hours after the incident he could easily say under the stress he drank a bottle of whiskey when he got home

and this is were thai traffic law needs to change - leaving the scene of an accident

until that happens crap like this will continue - it is rediculous to think that a lorry driver can drink all day get into his 8 wheeler and drive through a bus stop killing 10 people and just drive on - <deleted> is that all about

How - This redbull idiiot most probably pissed driving like a lunatic through a city street kills Mr Plod pottering about minding his own business trying to catch the odd petty traffic offence here and there or on his way home to his family - can quite legally leave the scene is beyond comprehension - if there was ever a traffic law in Thailand that is number one to change - that is it - welcome to the coming of age party

but of course it is left there because it is a huge game changer and I mean huge.

In the west or in fact in any developed country leaving the scene of a traffic accident is a serious offence - time for Thailand to catch up

Edited by smedly

I disagree ... the case has become so public that Thai people just wouldn't stand for anything less than some goal time. Not to mention the ramifications of getting away with killing a cop, a social injustice in any juridiction.

Not to be a picker of nits Nigel but I enjoyed your typo. It would do this pathetic individual a bit of good to do some serious goal time, especially if Rooney, van Persie, and Scholes were in front of him.

Might give him some real responsibility instead of sitting in daddy's big office chair peddling Krating Daeng all day.

I assume you meant gaol time, a place where his ilk rarely get to visit since hard cash buys all.

<deleted> are u on about ? 2419 surely they can't all be like this

Edited by smedly

More and more countries test drivers, beside for alcohol, also on drugs when getting involved in an accident. So far I didn't hear nor read anything about this issue in Thailand. Seen the fact that they make a point of banning all drugs in Asia, it might be worth applying such test here also. The results might be surprise the 'leaders'.

What so many people are missing is the fact that this guy was so stressed after the collision and chat with his dad that he had to have some booze to calm his nerves................ At least that's their version of why this much alcohol was in his system 12 hours later.

And the prosecution will simply point out the fact that Mr Red Bull is an intelligent business man running a mulinational company and would know that in all likely hood his son would be drug and alcohol tested after such a horific accident and would not likely have administered alcohol but infact done everything in his powers to lower his sons blood alcohol content.

The ultimate legal test case..........

The powerful rich elite v The Police

If this had been just another regular Thai mown down then the case would have been brushed under the carpet.........but it's one of the BiB that's paid the price.

Thailand needs to know that the World will be watching this case.......this case will take on a life of it's own over the course of the next few months, Red Bull / Ferrari / Playboy / Police death.

This case is a big test for Thailand.........let's hope they are up to it.

Old matey in the Fezza will cop a 50,000b fine and no jail time.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha, what are the "Thai people" going to do when he walks with a smack on the wrists, will there be a mass riot.........I think the "Thai People" really don't give a shit.

The ultimate legal test case..........

The powerful rich elite v The Police

If this had been just another regular Thai mown down then the case would have been brushed under the carpet.........but it's one of the BiB that's paid the price.

Thailand needs to know that the World will be watching this case.......this case will take on a life of it's own over the course of the next few months, Red Bull / Ferrari / Playboy / Police death.

This case is a big test for Thailand.........let's hope they are up to it.

Old matey in the Fezza will cop a 50,000b fine and no jail time.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha, what are the "Thai people" going to do when he walks with a smack on the wrists, will there be a mass riot.........I think the "Thai People" really don't give a shit.

I think you are right but they do care i heard there is an outrage on thai language forums about this. I doubt however they will march up and get justice. But just to be fair would that happen in the western world. I really doubt it unless you live in Greece other countries dont protest much either.

The addition of the drunk driving charge does nothing to affect the probability of this guy doing jail time. It just increases the amount he will need to pay to get out of it. All part of the negotiation for "justice", Thai style.

yep,he will get a suspended sentence,but behind closed doors a deal will take place,and a few mill will be given to the policemans family and a few others to smooth things over.

We have many Asian youths caught by Police, while driving "super" cars, at extreme speeds in Vancouver, Canada. Almost all are rich kids from Mainland China. They drive Ferrari's, Jag's, Aston Martin's, Masarati's. 17-19 years old, going 250 kph on municipal streets, driving alone on a "Learner's Permit Driver's Liscence. They usually get a slap on the wrist. They hire stupidly expensive lawyers, tie up Cdn Courts for years and keep on driving. Several have been caught 2/3 times over a few years. The worst case, is that they are deported back to China. They always claim the "Oppressed Minority" clause and usually the Cdn Justice System backs down.

Edited by cdnski12

honestly, what a complete pile of s####, are you trying to say that traffic laws are broken here and the perps don't end up in court and jail, I can confirm the complete opposite, traffic laws in Canada are rigorously enforsed no matter who you are, and I really don't want to start a debate on this thread about it as it's off topic, if you want to discuss canadian traffic enforcement then start a new thread

• Like 1

Facts as they are slowly revealed - one being he claimed he left his house at 5:10 and hit the victim 5:30. Did they forget that one?

You can bet 'darling dad' will have the hidden safe open and counting the millions out for favours but as already stated, this is becoming THE test case for the Thai Police and Judiciary. My guess is he will get a 10 year slap, and cosy 'safe' prison (easily accessed by the privileged), and be out in 12 months after the heat dies down and will most likely get a sideways shift once released to an international location for 'study' until it is safe for a low profile return.

Drunk driving resulting in death. Guilty as charged your honour - throw the book at this idiot. post-4641-1156693976.gif

It doesn't matter which penalty he gets.

As custom, he will pay some poor so to replace him and do the actual time.

This latest news won't change anything. Suspended sentence, small (10,000 baht) fine, payoff to whoever, walk.

On the very, very, very remote chance that he DOES actually get some jail time, it will be a stand-in that serves the time, not junior. Alternatively, they'll just rewrite the laws and constitution again to make what he did legal a la all the other criminals here (and abroad) that are Thai (you know who I am talking about).