Ducati Hypermotard 796

frankphuket

Was wondering if anybody has some 'insight' if the Hypermotard 796 will be assembled here in Thailand similar to the Monster 795 and get the price near to the later?

I know there are Kwackers at half the price and the ER6N and Versys are surely nice bikes, but i am looking for something a bit different and would go up to 400K to get it. I also know the Z1000 would beat the 'heck' out of the Hyper, but is too heavy for me, just having fun around in Phuket.

If Ducati is going to introduce a Hypermotard it will likely be a regional model, which they can sell at a lower price level without upsetting Hypermotard 796 owners. So if they will introduce an Asian model it would likely be a Hypermotard 795.

If Ducati is going to introduce a Hypermotard it will likely be a regional model, which they can sell at a lower price level without upsetting Hypermotard 796 owners. So if they will introduce an Asian model it would likely be a Hypermotard 795.

Tell that to all the happy Ducati customers who paid top dollar for Italian-made Diavels when the Ducati-Thailand sales staff knew full well that Diavels would start to come off the Thai assembly line for a full 400k baht less than the ones imported from Italy.

Now that's what I call taking care of your customers, Thai Style! wai.gif

Hi Tony,

Are the Thai made Diavels similar in concept / spec to the bastardised version Thai built Monster 795's?

Sent from my iPhone 3 using ThaiVisa app

Saw the Thai-made Diavels (Standard and Carbon versions) at the Bangkok motor show and asked about differences between them and the Italian made Diavels. Was told that the Thai Diavels are about 2Kg heavier due to larger exhaust canister required for the Thai-made Diavel to comply with Thai noise and emissions standards. Silly I know, but TiT right?

Otherwise than the exhaust the bikes are supposed to be identical.

Hi Tony,

Are the Thai made Diavels similar in concept / spec to the bastardised version Thai built Monster 795's?

Saw the Thai-made Diavels (Standard and Carbon versions) at the Bangkok motor show and asked about differences between them and the Italian made Diavels. Was told that the Thai Diavels are about 2Kg heavier due to larger exhaust canister required for the Thai-made Diavel to comply with Thai noise and emissions standards. Silly I know, but TiT right?

Not sure if much Ducati Diavel owners worry about the Thai made model. I already saw some classified ad in which the owner specified that it was Italian made... Still at some point the sales guys a Ducati Thailand would have known that in a few days the price would be 400k down... bad way to do business

I also hear the same story that the Thai made Diavel is 2kg heavier...? What I find amazing is that the Italian made model also past Thai emission testing... so not sure I believe the exhaust system story...

Hi Tony,

Not sure if much Ducati Diavel owners worry about the Thai made model. I already saw some classified ad in which the owner specified that it was Italian made... Still at some point the sales guys a Ducati Thailand would have known that in a few days the price would be 400k down... bad way to do business

I also hear the same story that the Thai made Diavel is 2kg heavier...? What I find amazing is that the Italian made model also past Thai emission testing... so not sure I believe the exhaust system story...

Surely for a guy who claims to be "in the biz" you are aware that different noise and emissions standards apply to imports and to domestically produced vehicles, right?! coffee1.gif

Hi Tony,

Surely for a guy who claims to be "in the biz" you are aware that different noise and emissions standards apply to imports and to domestically produced vehicles, right?! coffee1.gif

Thai regulation state that a motorcycle cannot produce more than 92dB, which is actual more than a AMA motocross motorcycle which can only produce 90dB. And I think the European standard for street bikes is 84 decibels (dB). Also the Thai regulations do not specify a different tone for domestic and foreign produced two-wheelers.

Also please specify what the differences are in the exhaust emission standards, and as you know I'm not so good in reading English text.... see attachment... https://docs.google....MnBHYWZzMGtseHM

Edited by Richard-BKK

The Thai government only knowns two standards for motorcycle exhaust emission, one is for NEW motorcycles, and the second is for IN-USE motorcycles. And sorry I made a mistake motorcycles in Thailand can make not more than 95 dB(A) noise, considering that a motocross bike in the USA cannot make more than 90 dB it's very unlikely that the Ducati Diavel was rejected for making to much sound... (European standard is as I specified before 84dB)

See the official website of the Thai Environmental Regulations http://www.pcd.go.th...d_airsnd02.html

Edited by Richard-BKK