I Got A B-Job

thaicruze

So, I decided to go to B-Quick and skip the dealer and get new pads.

They installed Bendix pads and they are good. Braking is much better now. The OEM pads were giving excessive rattle and a clunk when braking after 23,000km.

Good now. and brakes MUCH better than when it was new.

total 4,600 (resurface rotor included).

and now them rotors is shiny

98290EF2-E377-430D-AE29-77587CAA83C3-375-0000004316529AC2.jpg

E5F57CC6-A20A-4220-8612-AA3B0E727565-375-0000004310BF3FBF.jpg

Edited by thaicruze

^They will be, but it's a trade off and better braking is more important but I hope you bedded them in properly or you'll glaze the rotors and soon be posting a thread like Johanns..

TC actually those rotors are not shiny (though I know what you mean) and that's how they're supposed to be. Actually it crossed my mind a few days ago but been too busy to post them, I have some old rotors and pads here that were done all wrong and I plan to post up the pictures for informational purposes but in the other thread, now that you've posted this one I may post them in both.

Good to note you got good service from B-Quik as well..

I think they are Metal King Ti

I asked the guy for the best they had. and they are WAY better than the ones GM Thailand puts on there.

The pads are these here by looking at the numbers on it (DB1990).

http://www.bendix.co...ar-brakes/20100

my other pads, even after just 23,000 really lost a lot of "feel". When I test drove the car it was much better. But the Bendix are better than when I test drove it.

going over heavy bumps, if i roll down the window i can hear some rattle, but it isn't excessive and you can't really hear it with the windows up and the AC on.

the clunk that developed over the last 3 weeks has gone.

I'm taking it easy and not breaking hard. I drive 80-90 km a day so I should be able to break them in in a week or so.

I think Chevy Thailand is using crap cheap pads.

Edited by thaicruze

^They will be, but it's a trade off and better braking is more important but I hope you bedded them in properly or you'll glaze the rotors and soon be posting a thread like Johanns..

TC actually those rotors are not shiny (though I know what you mean) and that's how they're supposed to be. Actually it crossed my mind a few days ago but been too busy to post them, I have some old rotors and pads here that were done all wrong and I plan to post up the pictures for informational purposes but in the other thread, now that you've posted this one I may post them in both.

It's a B-Quick in a TESCO Lotus. I used to bring my City there for tires and the occasional oil change. They are good and just do their job. No BS.

They quoted me 5,400 for everything, turned out to be 4,600 in the end.

I should add, I could move the brake in the back on the inside with my hand. clank clank. I showed it to the chevy dealer. they said "it's normal". Now, it doesn't move. Brakes aren't supposed to move.

Edited by thaicruze

Hmm. Mine are quiet all the way. Not sure which ones they put in there. It was late. My wife couldn't take it anymore and I just told them to get the best they had. It was 1,900 baht for the front + 1,800 baht for the back.

My wife spoke to the guy. He said that Bendix for my car had a low - medium one and another one for race cars. He was selling me the middle one.

He was talking to a woman who knows nothing about it. So. I think they gave me Titanium Metal Kings. If you are talking about a slight grunt when you come to a stop, I hear it too. I figure it'll go away in time.

Edited by thaicruze

if you put some good quality grease on it they will be shinier and last forever laugh.png

if you put some good quality grease on it they will be shinier and last forever laugh.png

please Naam do not tell people this. THey will believe everything you say and grease their brakes well and I may become a target sad.png

It's a B-Quick in a TESCO Lotus. I used to bring my City there for tires and the occasional oil change. They are good and just do their job. No BS.

They quoted me 5,400 for everything, turned out to be 4,600 in the end.

I should add, I could move the brake in the back on the inside with my hand. clank clank. I showed it to the chevy dealer. they said "it's normal". Now, it doesn't move. Brakes aren't supposed to move.

Yep I'm satisfied with any service I've gotten at B-Quik and always highly recommend them..