Marry Thai Girl

camlan

This is my first post, I understand there is plenty of information regarding farang men getting married to their Thai g/fs I am an Austalian man 55 years of age and have been in a relationship with a 45 year old thai woman for the past 6 months we are thinking of tying the knot Iwant to bring her to Australia to live then eventually retire to Thailand.

I am thinking of getting married in Thailand and need a bit of advise. once married in Thailand is it easy just to bring her to Australia I can get her work here without a problem we can both save for retirement back to LOS

My girl works in Bangkok selling clothes in a shop earns about 5000 bht a month I send her extra

10,000bht a month and pay her sons school fees of 20,000bht a year he is 20 years old and has another 2 years of school I see her again at Easter for two weeks apart from that we email and are in constant communication this will be a new begining for both of us if we can work together to make it happen anny constructive advise or help appreciated on this matter

Best of luck camlan, although you shouldn't need it.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with your plan.

Go thru some of the archives here on TV for tips that may give you more ideas on how to make it happen.

Edited by Boon Mee

It may be advisable to bring her to Australia on a tourist visa first, to allow her to see what is on offer here.

Obtaining a tourist visa is relatively easy.

You both should now be collecting evidence that your relationship is genuine. Emails, letters, photographs, telephone records etc. A marriage certificate does not necessarily prove the strength of your relationship, nor does it guarantee automatic approval for a permanent/spouse visa.

You need to demonstrate to Immigration that your relationship commenced at Point A on (date), and has progressed to Point B (date) and grows stronger as time moves forward. Gather evidence along the way to present to Immigration.

As Boon Mee suggested, go back through other posts in this forum and you should find all the information you need to make a successful application for a visa. Post any questions that you may have and we will do our best to answer and to advise you accordingly.

Mighty,

Good info!

My wife came to Oz on a 3 month tourist visa too ...just to see "what's on offer"! :o

I had just started renting a place at the time, so we put bills in both names if we could and took piccies etc. We ended up getting married under Thai Law, registered at the Oz consulate in BKK and had no trouble at the time

...but that was 13 years ago now - we are still going strong and she loves it in Oz! :D

Cheers YBB

I am thinking of getting married in Thailand and need a bit of advise. once married in Thailand is it easy just to bring her to Australia I can get her work here without a problem we can both save for retirement back to LOS

Simply marrying a Thai does not give them the right to live in Australia, you have to apply for one of the spousal visas. T

The Partner Migration section of the Dept of Immigration website is excellent and has everything you need to know. Read that first and then come back and ask further questions if you need to.

Good luck.

You may have some trouble in that the relationship is only 6 months and her job description is hard to prove to the satisfaction of the Oz embassy.

Rules have changed over the years, it was easier 13 years ago, it got harder, but it was still easier when my missus came to Oz in 1998. It is even harder now, but not impossible.

As others said, marriage is no way to ensure a visa these days. The process is long and drawn out before it is all approved etc.

Look at it from the Oz embassies angle. They do not want to let anyone in who may pose a risk of 'flight' in the country. Selling clothes at a market will not prove jack and it will not get a letter that has any weight behind it ensuring return of that person.

Also I believe tourist visa's have the 'no further stay' stamped on them these days. When my missus did it, we kept extending her stay in Oz and sooner rather than later she got permanent residency.

My suggestion is to do what I initialy did at first, when you come here next, go into the Oz embassy and ask to sit down and talk to someone about what is exactly required and how to go about it. Don't expect to get anything from it other than information to proceed with as a means to eventually get the visa.

As with everything, different circumstances offer different solutions, so depends entirely on your and her circumstances.

Mighty,

Good info!

My wife came to Oz on a 3 month tourist visa too ...just to see "what's on offer"! :o

I had just started renting a place at the time, so we put bills in both names if we could and took piccies etc. We ended up getting married under Thai Law, registered at the Oz consulate in BKK and had no trouble at the time

...but that was 13 years ago now - we are still going strong and she loves it in Oz! :D

Cheers YBB

Nice story. She's a true, blue Aussie now. May you both continue to walk the long path of happiness. :D

You may have some trouble in that the relationship is only 6 months and her job description is hard to prove to the satisfaction of the Oz embassy.

Rules have changed over the years, it was easier 13 years ago, it got harder, but it was still easier when my missus came to Oz in 1998. It is even harder now, but not impossible.

As others said, marriage is no way to ensure a visa these days. The process is long and drawn out before it is all approved etc.

Look at it from the Oz embassies angle. They do not want to let anyone in who may pose a risk of 'flight' in the country. Selling clothes at a market will not prove jack and it will not get a letter that has any weight behind it ensuring return of that person.

Also I believe tourist visa's have the 'no further stay' stamped on them these days. When my missus did it, we kept extending her stay in Oz and sooner rather than later she got permanent residency.

My suggestion is to do what I initialy did at first, when you come here next, go into the Oz embassy and ask to sit down and talk to someone about what is exactly required and how to go about it. Don't expect to get anything from it other than information to proceed with as a means to eventually get the visa.

As with everything, different circumstances offer different solutions, so depends entirely on your and her circumstances.

I want to thank members for the information received so far I will check out TV posts as suggested

regards

camlan

Nice story. She's a true, blue Aussie now.

Mighty,

Your not wrong, the Oz slang that she comes out with sometimes is a laugh! :o

Although, it's good in one way but jeez she isn't keen on going back to stay later on (unlike me!). :D

Your from Oz ...we have loads of Thai lady friends here and many do not wan't to go back and live in Thailand or even visit. I think it maybe for a few reasons including non stop heat, the "extended" family etc. Have you come across this too?

Cheers YBB