Is This A Decent Price?

n00b

I've been looking for apartments and townhouses for a few days and found one that is a townhouse near Citin Loft hotel.

It's two floors, about 35-40 sqm per floor with two bedrooms and two bathrooms and a kitchen area. I got a price of 12k a month if I rent 3-6 months, deposit at 15k.

I know very little about what is normal prices in Hua Hin. Any advice?

Where is the Citin Loft? That sounds reasonable if it is centrally located so that you can walk to most things downtown. If so, that would save a bunch in transportation costs if you don't have a bike or car. Tuk Tuks are fairly expensive here so unless you have your own transport you'll need to factor in the cost of transportation if you don't live near the city center.

Fairly central location which is a plus. Is it furnished? Is there at least an air-con unit in the bedroom? If a bare shell then perhaps overpriced but if nicely kitted out including some basic cutlery and crockery sounds ok to me and I would be happy paying that.

Suggest you do a walk through the property with the owner making a note (or take pictures) of any existing damage to the fixtures, fittings, decor etc which can then be used to try to get the deposit back if there is any dispute.

Citin loft is very central, within walking distance of beach, night time bars, grand market and tesco lotus complex.

I always stay in this area and have no complaints, walk every where i want to go.

If its clean and comfy then 15k sounds ok, water and electric maybe extra but only

about 500 bht p/m at most including a/c on alot.

Citin loft is very central, within walking distance of beach, night time bars, grand market and tesco lotus complex.

I always stay in this area and have no complaints, walk every where i want to go.

If its clean and comfy then 15k sounds ok, water and electric maybe extra but only

about 500 bht p/m at most including a/c on alot.

Depends on whether the place is metered at gov't rate or building owner rate which is often about double.

My former renter used aircon a lot in a one-floor 130 sq. m house and his electric bill was consistently 2000+/month.

I live one soi over, on Soi 80. You can rent similar townhouses here maybe a little cheaper: B10k or even B8k, with basic furnishings. If your place on Soi 78 is newer with nice furnishings, then B15k could be worth it.

FWIW, the owner of the townhouse I rent advertised B12k for six months, B10k for 12 months, and I got her to agree to B10k for six months.