This Will Make You Laugh

thenervoussurgeon

I seen an 2 young Brits on Khao Sarn Rd saying out loud, "Look at that old cun_t with his 5 pound hooker". They were laughing, all was good until they said something else which I didnt catch.

The old bloke probably around 60 when over and clocked on of them in the mouth and the other one ran like a little girl.

Im a young gun myself, but I love seeing younger guys getting smacked for talking sheet to elderly people.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a similar experience in Cambodia. My girl bought some of those garish 'pyjamas' that Khmer women are fond of and wore them to the beach in Snooky. She's a bit short, even by Thai standards (4' 9" on a good day) and was mistaken for a child by the majority of middle-aged westerners (mostly the women) at nearly every establishment.

The looks of disgust I got from them were memorable. Pure ignorance on a stick.

My girl clocked what was happening and played up to them, demanding an ice-cream and calling me 'papa'. The onlookers were apoplectic!

Great fun winding-up the narrow-minded.biggrin.png

Ignorant and narrowminded doesn't really sound appropriate.

Given that she looked like (and was the size) of an underage child in pyjamas in a notorious center of Child sex tourism in a country that's known as a hub of Child sex tourism.

You weren't there and yet you decide to judge purely upon my abridged decription of what happened.

She was 32 years old at the time and, although small in stature, was obviously an adult by her manner and behaviour.

"My girl bought some of those garish 'pyjamas'"

"demanding an ice-cream and calling me 'papa'."

Yes, pyjamas, demanding ice-cream and calling you 'papa'. Obviously the manner and behaviour of an adult in one of the Child Sex Tourist Capitals of the World. rolleyes.gif

I've never been to Cambodia but from the OP's previous posts it seems that those garments that resemble 'garish pyjamas' seem to be considered acceptable wear for adults out and about in Cambodia . . .

I have yet to see a 30yo that looks 12yo.

I think the people that do see this have a huge judgement disability.

After coming back to Thailand from many years in England - and after adjusting to Thai physical aging - I am quite often gobsmacked at how 'old' a lot of westerners look for what should be peak physical condition . . . of course it could just be that orientals look particularly young, whichever you prefer. I remember reading a newspaper article about national exam results in Britain and thinking "why did they choose a picture of adults re-doing their A-levels for an article about teenagers?"

Edited by Trembly

The other day I left the room and caught the elevator with an older expat who was with a small Thai girl, it wasn't until I got in that I saw she looked about 14, he got out on the 5th floor kissed her goodbye and she got out on the ground floor and by coincidence I saw the expat come down to the ground floor 3 mins later and leave the hotel by himself. Now, I saw the girl take her ID from security and I saw her talk on the phone after the expat had got out of the lift and I would guess that she probably was 17 or 18, but the fact that the expat had to hide leaving the hotel with her cuz be knew she looked very underage shows that he knows what he is doing is immoral. I don't see how sleeping with a small underdeveloped 17 year old that looks like a very young teen is really any different from being a pedophile.

Not everyone using hookers, likes to parade around town with them on his arm.

PS

When hotels take a hookers ID, for the protection of the hotel guest they check her age, if they allowed her up to his room her ID card would have showed an age of 20+.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Read all this thread with interest. I imagine it can be a frustrating experience.

Ironic though, that some show their disgust at the obvious narrow-mindedness and bigotry, then think nothing of making derogatory narrow-minded bigoted comments about western women.

Hypocritical much? blink.png

• Like 1

The other day I left the room and caught the elevator with an older expat who was with a small Thai girl, it wasn't until I got in that I saw she looked about 14, he got out on the 5th floor kissed her goodbye and she got out on the ground floor and by coincidence I saw the expat come down to the ground floor 3 mins later and leave the hotel by himself. Now, I saw the girl take her ID from security and I saw her talk on the phone after the expat had got out of the lift and I would guess that she probably was 17 or 18, but the fact that the expat had to hide leaving the hotel with her cuz be knew she looked very underage shows that he knows what he is doing is immoral. I don't see how sleeping with a small underdeveloped 17 year old that looks like a very young teen is really any different from being a pedophile.

PS

When hotels take a hookers ID, for the protection of the hotel guest they check her age, if they allowed her up to his room her ID card would have showed an age of 20+.

Why? 18+ is perfectly legal.

PS

Actually 15+ is perfectly legal if not charging.

But 20+ is legal when cash is involved.

My wife's daughter decided that at the age of 16 she was all grown up and wanted to leave school and start earning money to buy all the fripperies that on her pocker money she couldn't afford. I absolutely forbade her and explained the value of a good education and that how it would profit her in later years. In one ear and out the other. She threatened to leave home if she didn't get her way and so I offered to help her pack. As she left my wife shocked me by telling her that she no longer had a Mamma and Pappa. It seemed that my wife was even more angry and frustrated than I was.

A year later she reappeared, full of contrition and in floods of tears. The best that she had been able to do was link up with a young yobbo who piloted tourists across to Koh Lan while she touted on Beach Road for custom to fill up the boat. He drank all their money and they slept on the floor of a slum. In that one year she had not bought one item of new clothing and generally she looked pale and wan. One evening when in his cups as usual he opened his mouth a little too wide and another young Thai pulled out a gun and pistol whipped him, breaking his jaw. He was taken to hospital who admitted him and the conclusion that our errant young lady came to in her ignorance of events, assumed, since she knew he butterflied, that he had left her for some other young Miss, hence her wish to return to the fold.

We relented and agreed after laying down what the rules of the house were and she agreed to follow our suggestions in how she could make a living. As a precaution I took her to one of the Pattaya private hospitals (No, not THAT one) and asked that she undergo a complete health check, particularly for STD's. When the results were known the young doctor announced that all that they could find wrong with 'my girlfriend' was that she was undernourished and slightly anaemic. I was incandescent and climbed into the doctor.

I asked him to read the patient record sheet and tell me what her date of birth was. I then asked him if he had the mental capability to calculate her age. He realised that he was in trouble and he mumbled, "17 pee". I compliment him on his diagnostic skills or rather the absence of them. I then asked him if he thought that I was insane since nobody in their right mind would choose to take such a young girl as a mistress and parade her in public, particularly someone of my advanced years. He apologised and I then told him that she was my step daughter and I was taking Ioving care of her by taking sensible precautions by ensuring that she had not contracted something nasty.

I insisted on a written record of all the test results since I nor any of my family members would be patronising his hospital ever again. I must admit I went even further OTT by pausing at the door, and turning to ask him how much had he paid for his qualifications. I made an offical written complaint to the hospital but never received a reply. I would hope that a UK doctor would say nothing but report his suspicions to the police and /or the child welfare authorities so that they might make discreet enquiries as to the real situation was.

Edited by Bagwan

PS

In actual practice it isn't absolutely perfectly legal until 18 because between the ages of 15 - 18 there is a caveat that it can't be for "obscene personal gratification" or something like that, probably aimed at child prostitution. The upshot is that if the teenager changes his or her mind after the fact, or the parents find out and press charges then the adult can still be charged with statutory rape. This is as opposed to a situation where the parents know but decide not to press charges (perhaps owing to marriage) - in this instance no one can file charges against the adult because the under 18 and his or her legal guardians are in acquiescence. Under 15 and the law says its statutory rape whether anyone agrees or not.

Edited by Trembly

PS

No. Exchanging money for sex with an 18 year old is legal.

http://www.sexwork.c...land/legal.html

And as Trembly says, stating that 15-17 is "perfectly legal" is very misleading.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

I asked him to read the patient record sheet and tell me what her date of birth was. I then asked him if he had the mental capability to calculate her age. He realised that he was in trouble and he mumbled, "17 pee". I compliment him on his diagnostic skills or rather the absence of them. I then asked him if he thought that I was insane since nobody in their right mind would choose to take such a young girl as a mistress and parade her in public, particularly someone of my advanced years. He apologised and I then told him that she was my step daughter and I was taking Ioving care of her by taking sensible precautions by ensuring that she had not contracted something nasty.

I insisted on a written record of all the test results since I nor any of my family members would be patronising his hospital ever again. I must admit I went even further OTT by pausing at the door, and turning to ask him how much had he paid for his qualifications. I made an offical written complaint to the hospital but never received a reply. I would hope that a UK doctor would say nothing but report his suspicions to the police and /or the child welfare authorities so that they might make discreet enquiries as to the real situation was.

Age of consent in Thailand is 15

Age of consent in UK is 16

As her age was 17 neither doctor would report anything to anyone as it would be against the law for them to reveal patient records. 17 year old girls are not considered children in either country.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

And as Trembly says, stating that 15-17 is "perfectly legal" is very misleading.

The document you link to is dated 1999, the laws were changed. The age of consent has been 15 for a long time, in the last ten years they raised the age of consent for prostitution from 18 to 20.

Parental consent should also be sought for girls aged 15-20, as Thai law considers a girl to be property of her parents until age 20 in many situations. (I would suggest written consent of the parents to be entirely sure).

If you want to dispute this, link to a recent law document in Thai script. Thais don't write their laws in English, web translations are often suspect.

As for being seen out and about with a 13-15 year old girl, perfectly legal if you first marry her (Amphur office) first with a Thai judges written permission. (although some may consider it distasteful and morally wrong, still legal under Thai law)

Edited by TommoPhysicist

As her age was 17 neither doctor would report anything to anyone as it would be against the law for them to reveal patient records. 17 year old girls are not considered children in either country.

The Doctor presuming this was the man's girlfriend indicates that this must be a relatively common occurrence in his consultation rooms.

Care must be taken not to confuse age of consent, marriage, to drive or drink etc with the age of majority: that is, when a person legally ceases to be a minor and is recognised as an adult.

In the UK that is 18 and 20 in Thailand.

Care must be taken not to confuse age of consent, marriage, to drive or drink etc with the age of majority: that is, when a person legally ceases to be a minor and is recognised as an adult.

In the UK that is 18 and 20 in Thailand.

I'm not sure the UK considers children of any age to be the property of their parents.

And I've always found it confusing in any country where you can be old enough to have sex and get married but not old enough to drive a car or vote.

Further to post #12;

Mr & Mrs Ruby wedding clocked me today! I happened to notice the swivvel of heads as I pushed a shopping trolley with my wife in tow. I caught their gaze to their clear embarrasment, resulting in a "eyes front!" quicker than a guardsman......except perhaps for a Grensmile.png

The woman must have had a neck like an Owl to have seen us from that angle!

Edited by evadgib

Hi to all My very first post having been a lurker here for a long, long time.

I lived in Thailand for five years in the first half of the nineties, have been married to my lovely Thai wife for 22 years and we have two kids, a daughter 21yo and son 18yo (both ours/both luk krung). We have visited Thailand for one month of every year since we moved back to Australia yet had not ever encountered the 'perception' issue (other than for a couple of glaces when my son was slightly younger).

However, on our latest trip, from which we've just returned, we encountered it three times in three different ways ..... on one day!

Firstly my son and I headed to breakfast ahead of the others and I was asked by the waitress

whether he was my 'friend'. A polite laughing off and clarification solved that one.

Later in the day, my daughter and I were separated from the wife and son at MBK for a short period and were standing at the counter of a mobile phone store (while she decided which of those ridiculously gawdy iphone covers she was going to waste her money on) when I heard 'eeew eeew' from behind me. Turning around, I noticed two older farang women giving us the once over. They were advised in no uncertain terms to mind their own business. Could've grilled a burger on their faces.

The last straw came when the wife and I were at the entrance to our hotel and heard an elderly farang woman say to her husband 'He got an old one'. Now, my wife is her forties but still looks in her thirties so I'm not to sure what aged girl they expected me to be with. Since we are here on TV, I'll just explain without the profanity that I told her to move on and that she was an unattractive bovine.

As I say, we had never really had the issue in our face like this before although we have received the 'glare' a number of times in Australia.

Perception is s funny thing.

• Like 1

The document you link to is dated 1999, the laws were changed. The age of consent has been 15 for a long time, in the last ten years they raised the age of consent for prostitution from 18 to 20.

Parental consent should also be sought for girls aged 15-20, as Thai law considers a girl to be property of her parents until age 20 in many situations. (I would suggest written consent of the parents to be entirely sure).

If you want to dispute this, link to a recent law document in Thai script. Thais don't write their laws in English, web translations are often suspect.

As for being seen out and about with a 13-15 year old girl, perfectly legal if you first marry her (Amphur office) first with a Thai judges written permission. (although some may consider it distasteful and morally wrong, still legal under Thai law)

I would be interested to know where you're getting your information from regarding the age of consent for prostitution. I understood that Thailand was a signatory to the United Nations conventions on these matters which has a clear age of 18 and I can find nothing that refers to new legislation increasing the age to 20. This is probably not the place to discuss such matters, but I would be most interested to see the Thai link to which you refer. Perhaps you could PM it to me?

This link is interesting, although from 2009.

http://www.11-55.org/issues3/issue.php?iss=42&art=42.7

I would be interested to know where you're getting your information from regarding the age of consent for prostitution. I understood that Thailand was a signatory to the United Nations conventions on these matters which has a clear age of 18 and I can find nothing that refers to new legislation increasing the age to 20. This is probably not the place to discuss such matters, but I would be most interested to see the Thai link to which you refer. Perhaps you could PM it to me?

This link is interesting, although from 2009.

http://www.11-55.org...iss=42&art=42.7

its 18

• Like 1

555. Liked the OPs post. I have 2 young daughters and expect this to happen one day. As I don't have a son, I never thought of this angle so the post had an added twist :)

A lot of it does come down to context and stereotyping, with Thailand having the reputation it does for various things.

On looking young and night wear, my wife was a few months pregnant and obviously it showed. We were visiting the UK, and decided a dressing gown would be useful for her. We went to Marks & Spencer and looked at some. Being Asian and petite the western sizes were too big for her. So we did what petite ladies in the UK often do, and went to the children's section. We found one she liked for aged 13-14 year old - cheaper than the adults section too. I have to admit I did feel somewhat embarrassed at the counter buying a dressing gown for a pregnant "13-14 year old". That said no-one said anything, and no-one openly found it strange - Perhaps context again. I did feel embarassed at the time, though in hindsight the funny side is obvious, and no-one picked us up on it, even though all the factors were in place. Or perhaps they just assumed I was her dad in opposite to OP! Life is funny sometimes.

:)

• Like 1