Rubbish Tip Or Private Rubbish Collection - Anything New?

Gladiator

I know that there have been previous topics posted concerning this subject - but you never know.... sometimes things or provisions made by the local Amphur do change.

I live at Nam Phrae, Hang Dong and we have no rubbish collection at all. I am unable to find a person to arrange private collection of the rubbish which is in tied, large, plastic bags. Similarly I am unable to find of a 'Tip', anywhere in Chiang Mai, at which I can deposit them.

We recycle all plastic, glass and tins and I have no wish to burn the remaining rubbish.

If anyone has any news of a change of situation - can you please advise.

Many thanks,

Gladiator

Yeah, sounds like a headache alright, seems you missed out on a good Tesabahn, but at least you aren't being ripped off in a moobaan, which I see just as a profit centre for continued ripoffs after they sell the houses. Let's not even go into the rundown facilities, but new ones are different...just wait a while or till their next project starts.

My house is in general population reasonably central though, government charge B20/month to collect rubbish every 2nd day religiously, collects everything and anything. Had a house in a moobaan paying B700/mth, they rarely collected anything, facilities were deteriorating but the grass was well mowed by Burmese.

My opinion, buy in a Thai neighbourhood not a moobaan, the security is usually an illusion and it is much more expensive to live there. They are designed for Thais to get instant finance and to provide ongoing profit, foreigners can get a better deal going local. Don't be scared of a Thai area, they are cool if you are and everyone looks after each other.

We pay 40b/month in San Sai directly to the amphur for a twice weekly collection. I would imagine that this facility exists in all/most amphurs. Have you asked at the amphur? What do your neighbours do?

Cheers,

Pikey.

Many thanks for your replies.

The family complex in which I live is located in a small Tambon, within the Amphur of Nam Phrae within a Thai village, west of the canal road.

We did check again with the local Tambon/Amphur office and there is no arrangement for a government provision to collect rubbish at this time. Perhaps next year but who knows. One of the employees at the office did give us a telephone number of someone who may privately be able to collect the rubbish. We called him. He was due to call back but that was a number of days ago and we still have not heard.

Regarding the neighbours - some of them burn their rubbish, other just discard it in the various ditches.

Oh well. Thanks again.

Gladiator