Police Jackets

HardenedSoul

I've always wondered why it is that so many Thai guys wear those bomber jackets with "Police" emblazoned on the back.

Some friends have suggested that, because the police in Thailand are authority figures with considerable power and influence, some wish to be associated with that despite the BiB's reputation for abusing it.

I'm thinking this might be the most plausible explanation because, back in my country, Britain, you very rarely - if ever - see people wearing police clothing and the like since, despite claims from some quarters, it's not a police state and they don't have the kind of power the Royal Thai Police have here.

Anyone willing to offer alternatives?

Any form of Police marking or even a similarity like "Polite" would be taken seriously in the UK.

As stated above could be charged with impersonating and possibly jailed.

Here though, as with many things its much more relaxed and people probably do it to try and use it as an advantage for something. or maybe just "wannabe's"

Seen many cars etc here with blue or red flashing beacons, again , you woudnt get 500 yds in the Uk with that on the vehicle.

Edited by CharlieH

Any form of Police marking or even a similarity like "Polite" would be taken seriously in the UK.

Here though, as with many things its much more relaxed and people probably do it to try and use it as an advantage for something. or maybe just "wannabe's"

Seen many cars etc here with blue or red flashing beacons, again , you woudnt get 500 yds in the Uk with that on the vehicle.

Obviously you have not been looking . i see many wagons, cars with blue lights on. running around the UK.

A con-man called Ellis Ward has just been jailed for five years in the UK for, amongst other crimes, impersonating a police officer:

http://www.independe...ed-8117516.html

You wouldn't get far in the UK wearing a tee shirt with 'F#%k You' written on the front either.

I think in Thailand the phrase 'impersonating a police officer' is an accurate job description, not a criminal offence...sad.png

like it clap2.gif