Nine-Year-Old Boy Steps On Booby Trap, Leg Ripped Off

Lite Beer

Sometimes it is hard to contain anger - the empathy towards the Southern people is waning fast to the point where I would (almost) suggest round them all up, not matter what creed or colour, and send them back across the border. They have no rights and were given solace in being allowed to stay in Thailand against persecution and biting off the hand that feeds you is no way to express thanks. Destroying innocents lives due to religious BS and beliefs is unacceptable in the 21st century. And if this was a retaliatory gesture from a Thai person against Muslims, go with them. Thailand does not need you or your stupidity. And take your brainwashed families with you. angry.png

So where exactly is the 'South' as far as you are concerned? I hope you are not a Londoner, as they tend to think everyone north of the Watford Gap is...Northern, do you think it's everyone south of Hua Hin?

The rest of your post displays that you have little knowledge of what happens in the (very restricted) area, and I guess a similar lack of knowledge is held by those that 'liked' your post. Rounding up an entire population in that local area would not get rid of the problem. I was in Northern Ireland during the height of the troubles, and it was reckoned that the number of guys causing ALL the trouble, on both sides, totaled about 150, the millions of other people, whether protestant or Catholic were sick of it all and just wanted to live in piece. There are headcase extremists down in the far south whose only chance of ever 'being someone' and creating a powerful position for themselves in this life are to be a terrorist. They happen to be muslim, but not all Muslims are extremist terrorists, many like you and I just want to get up each day and live a peaceful life.

• Like 2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"A homemade bomb was placed in a tin and placed near a tree at the roadside."

I actually doubt this is what the device was. Most probably it was a hand grenade,

the safety pin having removed from the "spoon" while the spoon is held in safe

someones hand while the grenade is placed inside a tin can with a piece of

thin wire or line attached through a small hole then stretched across a path or

road or two trees or wherever. This could have originally been set to kill or maim

military patrols but left in place for others to trigger. These are very common

in the Troubled Provinces and very devious. And I doubt that the bastard who

planted the device will be caught.

I hope the lad makes a speedy recovery and receives the prostethsis on time.

Only the most evil and depraved people on our planet maim and murder children.

Totally Agree

If I found who did this, I would strap the same device to their legs, how ever many of then, then put it on a 12hr timer so they can watch the can down knowing what will happen. Coward Mungrals.

Then blow their legs off, both of them, and eat my bacon burger.

Feel sorry for the kid.

Given the device was a roadside IED and the victim was a Muslim boy, he would not have been the intended target. So to be fair do you make the same type of comments when children are maimed or killed when picking up unexploded munitions from cluster bombs dropped by Western military forces in places like Afghanistan?

EDIT: Civilian deaths is a well documented consequence of using cluster bomb munitions. The US among other countries has yet to sign/ratify the convention on banning the use of cluster bombs

Good post simple1.

All conflicts are nasty business with the general population and non combatants generally faring the worst.

Sometimes it is hard to contain anger - the empathy towards the Southern people is waning fast to the point where I would (almost) suggest round them all up, not matter what creed or colour, and send them back across the border. They have no rights and were given solace in being allowed to stay in Thailand against persecution and biting off the hand that feeds you is no way to express thanks. Destroying innocents lives due to religious BS and beliefs is unacceptable in the 21st century. And if this was a retaliatory gesture from a Thai person against Muslims, go with them. Thailand does not need you or your stupidity. And take your brainwashed families with you. angry.png

It is Malay land!

You appear not to have the first clue as to the origins of the conflict nor of the history of the region.

And why are Thais living on Malaysian land?

The Malaysia–Thailand border consists of both a land boundary across the Malay Peninsula and maritime boundaries in theStraits of Malacca and the Gulf of Thailand/South China Sea. Malaysia lies to the south of the border while Thailand lies to the north. The Golok River forms the easternmost 95 km stretch of the land border.

The land border is based on the 1909 treaty between Thailand, then known as Siam, and the British which started to exert its influence over the northern Malay states of Kedah, Kelantan, Perlis and Terengganu in the early 20th century. The four states had earlier been under Siamese control. Four Malaysian states abut the border. They are (from west to east) Perlis, Kedah,Perak and Kelantan. The four Thai provinces which abut the border are (again from west to east) are Satun, Songkhla, Yala andNarathiwat.

Malaysia and Thailand have a territorial sea and continental shelf boundary agreements for the Straits of Malacca which was signed in 1979 and 1971 respectively. coffee1.gif

It is Malay land!

You appear not to have the first clue as to the origins of the conflict nor of the history of the region.

Get rid of state sponsored religion and the entire problem goes away!

• Like 1

Here we go

Another muslim bashing thread.. yawn

Sent from my HTC One X using Thaivisa Connect App

Ever live with, work with or try to have an intelligent (debate / analytical) conversation with them?

What if NO, What about NO........

You must respect our ways and religion !

No you cannot build a Catholic church in down town Benghazi (or anywhere else) but we can build one in your home town because you must respect our rights. The Koran teaches peace to all man kind but you are infidels so it doesn't count.....

I have been there and done it and I am afraid people who think otherwise are kidding themselves !

Here we go

Ever live with, work with or try to have an intelligent (debate / analytical) conversation with them?

No you cannot build a Catholic church in down town Benghazi (or anywhere else) but we can build one in your home town because you must respect our rights. The Koran teaches peace to all man kind but you are infidels so it doesn't count.....

I have been there and done it and I am afraid people who think otherwise are kidding themselves !

We are talking about Thailand & if it is of interest there are some churches/Christians in the Deep South

And why are Thais living on Malaysian land?

It is not Malaysian land, Malaysia is a country formed from the remaining Malay kingdoms which were part of the British Empire.

The land was five Malay (and predominantly Muslim) provinces before it was annexed by Siam (Thailand did not exist at that time) which was agreed to by the British in 1909.

Read up on your history of the region. You'll need to dig deeper than just Wikipedia articles but they will give you an introduction.

My understanding of the history most recent was that in 1939 the Japanese bestowed the five provinces to Thailand for safe passage to invade Malaysia. Just had a special on TV that confirmed that variation of history. Which is right or are both correct?

A truly selfish and treacherous deed. A bomb trap has no selection, whoever or whatever is first to get near. A childhood friend lost most of his left hand to a lighter bomb, it was intended for a woman from a jilted boyfriend. Never caught or punished. I hope this ratass gets caught and severely punished. My friend had incredible strength in the little finger and thumb left over, and utilized it as an asset to give a spock vulcun pinch to drop you to your knees.

I hope the young kid recovers and gets a hold of a good hi-tech prosthetic leg and has the will power to get on with life again!

And, how would the "young kid" get a good hi-tech prosthetic leg" in Thailand? Please clarify.

Here we go

We are talking about Thailand & if it is of interest there are some churches/Christians in the Deep South

Plenty of Mosques all over the place too but you are right this is Thailand, the same as most Western countries WE TOLLERATE it. They do not in their (Moslem) countries. I don't believe there is ANY difference in Moslem’s from different countries. They are all brainwashed with he same doctrine no matter where they come from. Equality and a level playing field would show the world that they are as tolerant and peace loving as the majority of the rest of the "civilized" world.

ALL (or at least the vast majority) of terrorism, warfare and turbulent parts of the world has Islam involved. Simple fact. They only recognize people who act the same way as they do. Look at the tribal conflicts they have amongst each other !

They have to have someone strong and ruthless in power (Gadaffi, Sadam and the Taliban come to mind) or they end up killing each other anyway.

Unfortunately no matter how noble the West's intentions are in Afghanistan and Iraq it will never work. Democracy will never work simply because some religious leader will call Jihad and the government will not even come into it. Look how poverty stricken the majority of the countries are in the middle east and they control the lions share of the worlds oil reserves, where does the money go? Not to the people that's for sure.

It's NOT a level playing field and never will be.

Shame on all people all over the world who believe that violence will solve any conflict! Shame on the person who placed that bomb! Shame on people who live in the past and live just to follow up on a hate agenda instead of moving forward together!

Feel very sorry for the boy and hope that he will recover quickly and learn to accept and live with his fate, forgive the culprits and break the circle of violence.

Of course I am not naive enough to totally ignore the fact that war and unrest is of course being fed, supported and financed by third parties who profit in one way or another from people hating and killing each other. If there would be no financing, it all could stop tomorrow...

On the other hand, there must be people out there who would rather buy a bullet for their last 10 Baht instead of buying a bowl of rice... It's one of those days where I believe that earth actually is hell... We're not going to hell, we are already there!!! If so, things can only get better when we die.

The insurgency problems in the South have been going on for many years. It seems lately that they have become more embolden in their acts. They want the Southern provinces to become a Muslim state. I agree it's probably only a small number of Muslims causing these problems and they are not going to stop. It's easy to slip back over the Malay border.

I have said for some years that it's only a matter of time before they start setting off bombs in somewhere like Phuket.

This will severely affect the tourist trade and hit the Thai Govt. severely in the pocket. The idea being to bring the Thai Govt. to the negotiation table.

I hope my prediction is wrong.

The insurgency problems in the South have been going on for many years. It seems lately that they have become more embolden in their acts. They want the Southern provinces to become a Muslim state. I agree it's probably only a small number of Muslims causing these problems and they are not going to stop. It's easy to slip back over the Malay border.

I have said for some years that it's only a matter of time before they start setting off bombs in somewhere like Phuket.

This will severely affect the tourist trade and hit the Thai Govt. severely in the pocket. The idea being to bring the Thai Govt. to the negotiation table.

I doubt Phuket will ever be a target, It is too easy to block access on/off the island, it would be easier to do BKK if they were that determined.

Here we go

And they start to teach that to the kids as soon as they can understand, listen and speak.

Here we go

And they start to teach that to the kids as soon as they can understand, listen and speak.

Before actually, as soon as they are born they start when they are in their cots, according to one of my assistants in Algeria. They are taught not to think or question. IT JUST IS.

It is Malay land!

Hardly - it is not Malay land at all and has not been for hundreds of years as recorded when the King of Siam removed the scholastic kingdom/Sultinate of Patani during the 18th century. Further ratified by the Anglo French Convention 1896 and further in 1909 by the Anglo Siamese Treaty. Conquered nations are all the same - like in nature, the strong survive. But I guess you 'could' argue US and Australia belong to the indigenous tribes of Indians and Aboriginals just as Malay Indians are also indigenous, with the former two having occupied their present land around the same time. But it all got screwed up when religion entered the argument. I maintain my statement - send them all back across the border where they can be further brainwashed by Sharia Law.

A truly selfish and treacherous deed. A bomb trap has no selection, whoever or whatever is first to get near. A childhood friend lost most of his left hand to a lighter bomb, it was intended for a woman from a jilted boyfriend. Never caught or punished. I hope this ratass gets caught and severely punished. My friend had incredible strength in the little finger and thumb left over, and utilized it as an asset to give a spock vulcun pinch to drop you to your knees.

I hope the young kid recovers and gets a hold of a good hi-tech prosthetic leg and has the will power to get on with life again!

What goes around comes around, trust me, that guy who planted the bomb will get to have his own medicine one day!

I doubt Phuket will ever be a target, It is too easy to block access on/off the island, it would be easier to do BKK if they were that determined.

There is a relatyively large Muslim population on Phuket too. The name Phuket

is a derivative of the Malay word Bukit...meaning hill. Thankfully the Phuket Muslim

community is of a peacefull nature with regard to the "Troubles" in the far South.

• Like 1

It is Malay land!

Hardly - it is not Malay land at all and has not been for hundreds of years as recorded when the King of Siam removed the scholastic kingdom/Sultinate of Patani during the 18th century. Further ratified by the Anglo French Convention 1896 and further in 1909 by the Anglo Siamese Treaty. Conquered nations are all the same - like in nature, the strong survive. But I guess you 'could' argue US and Australia belong to the indigenous tribes of Indians and Aboriginals just as Malay Indians are also indigenous, with the former two having occupied their present land around the same time. But it all got screwed up when religion entered the argument. I maintain my statement - send them all back across the border where they can be further brainwashed by Sharia Law.

There are no "Malay Indians" in Malaysia...never have been any for that matter.

There are many aboriginals though and they are called Orang Asli...Original

People. Yes many are Muslim...converted by the government shenanigans

after loosing most of their land ages ago and marginalised by said government

since Malaysian Independence. The "Indians" one see's in Malaysia were brought

to Malaya by the Brits to work on plantations mainly because the Malay

was too lazy. Even the name of the nation Malaya is a derivitave of the French word

Malaise...lazy...just the spelling was most likely changed by the Brits back in the

1700's to avoid using French spelling and it stuck. Why? Because most Malay's

are lazy...that's why...religion has nothing to do with Malay's being inherrently

lazy...it's just their nature. Google it and don't just use Wiki...you won't find it

there.

I wish all these bomb loving Muslims could be round up and dumped on an island... Then bomb the hell out of that island and start all over again. What's wrong with these people why must they always resort to killing to get their views across?

There is a relatyively large Muslim population on Phuket too. The name Phuket

is a derivative of the Malay word Bukit...meaning hill. Thankfully the Phuket Muslim

community is of a peacefull nature with regard to the "Troubles" in the far South.

But cast your minds back to Algeria and Egypt and to a lesser extent Morocco. Islamic terrorists killed the tourist trade in the first two countries by targeting tourists and Morocco was affected to a lesser extent.

In Phuket there is plenty of easy access by the surrounding seas. It only takes a few terorists or "separatists" to cause mayhem.

I've only been as far south as Koh Lanta. Full of peace loving Muslims going about their business (I guess but what would I know as a mere short time tourist who doesn't speak the language). I found it interesting that in the resort I stayed the Muslims will serve you food but the Thai band members were the ones to serve you alcohol. I've never given it much of a thought until I encountered it there. No problems though.

Some off-topic posts have been deleted as well as replies. Posts which simply express a very negative attitude toward Islam have been deleted. Unfortunately, some rather informative posts which were replies to them had to be deleted as well.

Please keep the comments civil and on topic.

For those posts advocating the forcible relocation of the approximately 1.8 million Thai Muslim population across the border to Malaysia do you not think that this will possibly trigger an armed conflict between the nations involved and any possibility of reaching a peaceful politically negotiated resolution to grievances nullified. On the other side of the coin the resultant resentment by the Thai Muslims from being forced from their homeland will only significantly escalate the level of violent attacks in the region in the years to come.

In today's news there is a glimmer of hope for the commencement of a lasting solution with a number of "insurgents" giving up on their campaign of violence, this was linked to assistance being provided to them by the Thai authorities. The Indonesian resolution of the armed conflict in Ache could be a useful model for negotiations. People on TV occasionally reference the Troubles in Northern Ireland that were finalised by political negotiation. Some of the leaders of the Provisional IRA terrorist group, such as Martin McGuinness, are now accepted mainstream politicians in Northern Ireland. Negotiation is the way forward (carrot and stick), not actions that will only increase hostility.

Edited by simple1

The area is Malay and has been for hundreds of years. Having the Siamese (among others) claim sovereignty over it does not then make it any different.

The Thais did not remove the Sultanate in the 18th Century. See below.

First Kelantanese Dynasty

• Raja Bakal, (1688–1690 or 1651–1670), after a brief invasion of Patani by his father in 1649, Raja Sakti I of Kelantan, he was given the throne in Patani.
  • Raja Emas Kelantan (1690–1704 or 1670–1698), thought by Teeuw & Wyatt to be a king, but claimed by al-Fatani to be a queen, the widow of Raja Bakal and mother of the succeeding queen.
  • Raja Emas Chayam (1704–1707 or 1698–1702 and 1716–1718), daughter of the two preceding rulers, according to al-Fatani.
  • Raja Dewi (1707–1716; Fatani gives no dates).
  • Raja Bendang Badan (1716–1720 or ?-1715), he was afterwards raja of Kelantan, 1715–1733.
  • Raja Laksamana Dajang (1720–1721; Fatani gives no dates).
  • Raja Alung Yunus (1728–1729 or 1718–1729).
  • Raja Yunus (1729–1749).
  • Raja Long Nuh (1749–1771).
  • Sultan Muhammad (1771–1785).
  • Tengku Lamidin (1785–1791).
  • Datuk Pengkalan (1791–1808).

Second Kelantanese Dynasty

• Sultan Phraya Long Muhammad Ibni Raja Muda Kelantan/Raja Kampong Laut Tuan Besar Long Ismail Ibni Raja Long Yunus (1842–1856)
  • Tuan Long Puteh Bin Sultan Phraya Long Muhammad (Phraya Pattani II) (1856–1881)
  • Tuan Besar Bin Tuan Long Puteh (Phraya Pattani III) (1881–1890)
  • Tuan Long Bongsu Bin Sultan Phraya Long Muhammad (Sultan Sulaiman Sharafuddin Syah / Phraya Pattani IV)(1890–1898)
  • Sultan Abdul Kadir Kamaruddin Syah (Phraya Pattani V) deposed in 1902 had descendents:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattani_Kingdom

• Like 1

For those posts advocating the forcible relocation of the approximately 1.8 million Thai Muslim population across the border to Malaysia do you not think that this will possibly trigger an armed conflict between the nations involved and any possibility of reaching a peaceful politically negotiated resolution to grievances nullified. On the other side of the coin the resultant resentment by the Thai Muslims from being forced from their homeland will only significantly escalate the level of violent attacks in the region in the years to come.

I wouldn't take them seriously, they are worryingly ignorant of the history of the region, Islam, the Malay peoples and modern Malaysia.

Small point, your post would better read, "the forcible relocation of the approximately 1.8 million indigenous Thai Muslim population".

• Like 1

Hardly - it is not Malay land at all and has not been for hundreds of years

Huh?

the King of Siam removed the scholastic kingdom/Sultinate of Patani during the 18th century

Huh?

Malay Indians are also indigenous

Huh?

send them all back across the border

Huh?