2013 Kawasaki Z1000

JINGJOH

I am not

^^^ nice but i am surprised he changed the oem rims

I can't say for him but I do know with guys looking for the biggest gains

reducing an ounce of unsprung weight from your wheel is like loosing

something like 20 lbs off the bike at high speeds.

I would guess those are Marchesini wheels

I have experience with very light wheels on racing bikes ( bicycles )

& can say it is the single biggest improvement there to be made.

Because of course light wheels spin up so fast & take so much less energy to do so.

Also any accelerations/ modulation on/off/on/off will be quicker giving it another level.

But I will also say while I looked at Marchesini wheels for my 600RR in the US

I never made the jump because of price & also anytime you hit sharp edges or bad potholes you

never know if your going to have to check or change the wheel.

Folks with lots of $$$ can have them x-rayed once a year or so to check that they have no

problems. That was on their forged Magnesium wheels.

I guess now they also have forged Aluminum which should be tougher but not as light.

Lastly that Z probably has more than enough power as is biggrin.png

But I guess that additional spirited accelerations even on a Z1000 can be appreciated by some.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ nice but i am surprised he changed the oem rims

The last two pix have different rims, so I guess different bike

Same bike pics taken at different times of mods

Not cheap playing musical exhaust systems

You know you could be right

I now remember when I was in there the otherday

3 Thai guys from Chiangrai were picking up parts & when I spoke with them they

said they ride Z1000's

It could be different bikes from that group

Edited by mania

• 2 months later...

Kawasaki CM had 3 of these 1400's outside today.

Man it is a large bike not just in CC's

Sorry was not really able to get good side shots

attachicon.gif2013-01-18 15.37.56.jpg

attachicon.gif2013-01-18 15.40.35.jpg

attachicon.gif2013-01-18 15.40.45.jpg

attachicon.gif2013-01-18 15.40.54.jpg

Those are actually metallic midnight sapphire blue- they look black in anything but direct sun or strong overhead lights.

Those are actually metallic midnight sapphire blue- they look black in anything but direct sun or strong overhead lights.

If your replying to Yankees black comment

Those pics I posted are the zx1400r's not the z1000's

Edited by mania

If your replying to Yankees black commentThose pics I posted are the zx1400r's not the z1000's
I know- I've got one on order in that color and should have it in May- I was just commenting on them. Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1

If your replying to Yankees black commentThose pics I posted are the zx1400r's not the z1000's

I know- I've got one on order in that color and should have it in May- I was just commenting on them.
Ah I see,Interesting

It sure looked black to me initially although I did not look from angles.

May I ask,

What attracted you to that model? Also

What type of riding do you like to do?

I cannot seem to see your pic but this is the only blue like version I have seen

pics of off the Thai Kawasaki site

attachicon.gif k1400.jpg

I cannot seem to see your pic but this is the only blue like version I have seenpics of off the Thai Kawasaki siteattachicon.gif k1400.jpg

That's a bit photoshopped to show the blue, but it's more subtle than that (that's actually what I expected it to look like in person, but it's completely different). It's the only color available through Kawasaki Thailand for 2013.

This is the direct link to the pic (which is of a bike in the Philippines):

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/1168/20130313125448.jpg

post-176811-0-33525700-1365941551_thumb.

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with yer thinking in my book mate - go for it!

And enjoy the 'turbine' like power :thumbsup:

Thanks- I've been looking forward to it for a while- if I get hurt or killed on it, though, the 'I told you so' brigade is gonna have a field-day.;)

If that happens i doubt you will give a rats ass about the brigade..... lets hope i doesnt and get to cm to open her up....

Nothing wrong with yer thinking in my book mate - go for it!

And enjoy the 'turbine' like power :thumbsup:

Thanks- I've been looking forward to it for a while- if I get hurt or killed on it, though, the 'I told you so' brigade is gonna have a field-day.;)

If that happens i doubt you will give a rats ass about the brigade..... lets hope i doesnt and get to cm to open her up....

I'm sure you've heard a few comments a well...;)

We'll get together and ride one of these days- there are a few people from various boards I'd like to burn some miles with.

If your replying to Yankees black commentThose pics I posted are the zx1400r's not the z1000'sI know- I've got one on order in that color and should have it in May- I was just commenting on them.Ah I see,InterestingIt sure looked black to me initially although I did not look from angles.May I ask,What attracted you to that model? AlsoWhat type of riding do you like to do?

The bike I most enjoyed owning was a 2000 Hayabusa- after owning a few other types of bike, I wanted to get back to the hyper-sport class, and the 14R has surpassed the other two bikes (Busa and K1300S) it competes with as far as overall performance is concerned so I decided to buy it (and modify it a bit to get it into the 550lb range from its current 585lbs, most of which will be done by getting rid of the huge stock exhaust cans).

The 14R is actually nimble enough for tight roads (though it's no S1000RR, another bike I considered but it's just too track-oriented for my taste), but I'll mostly be using it for the occasional weekend up north where there are roads where I can stretch it out bit (and I'll often be trailering it as I like having my truck lose by in case of a breakdown or minor get-off)- it's just a toy, not transportation, and it's too big for the city, but I had to have it and I'm willing to deal with the drawbacks of owning such a bike in Thailand for the times I'll really be able to enjoy it.

I might pick up something smaller next year that's a bit more practical.

Cool bike man.

And congrats, you bought yourself a land rocket!

Share your impressions with us.

Why do not you open a thread for it?

The bike I most enjoyed owning was a 2000 Hayabusa- after owning a few other types of bike, I wanted to get back to the hyper-sport class,

Cool bike man.

And congrats, you bought yourself a land rocket!

Share your impressions with us.

Why do not you open a thread for it?

I will once I finally get it- I'm hoping that will be before the end of May- the dealership quoted 45-60 days when I ordered it at the end of March- then I have to have some aftermarket parts installed. Edited by RubberSideDown

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to put a jong (deposit) down on one today eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

You high roller Normski. You didn't fancy a Ducati Street Fighter 848? I had a look at one of those when I was collecting the plate for my monster. They are cool as f*$ksmile.png

Congrats Normski. When does it arrive?

Edited by Big Guns
  • Like 1

I'm going to put a jong (deposit) down on one today eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

You high roller Normski. You didn't fancy a Ducati Street Fighter 848? I had a look at one of those when I was collecting the plate for my monster. They are cool as f*$ksmile.png

Congrats Normski. When does it arrive?

The 848 was just too much, sadly.

Collect the Z in a few days.

Kawasaki Mitiyon was so so busy today.

Must be free money somewhere hehe.

post-52293-0-10179300-1367047618_thumb.j

• Like 1

Took delivery last night.

Going to (gradually) remove ugly items on the bike with a mash hammer 555.

Things to do:

1. Change rear sprocket with 2 less teeth as she does have tall gears.

Congrats on the new bike Norm

Hope it is a blast.

On the gearing though if it is tall already reducing rear sprocket 2 teeth will make it even taller

Edited by mania

Took delivery last night.

Going to (gradually) remove ugly items on the bike with a mash hammer 555.

Things to do:

1. Change rear sprocket with 2 less teeth as she does have tall gears.

Congrats on the new bike Norm

Hope it is a blast.

On the gearing though if it is tall already reducing rear sprocket 2 teeth will make it even taller

Yup- mania is correct.

What issue are you having that makes you want to change the gearing? I've actually read the Z1000 is geared on the low side.

Where's yankee99 when you need him?;)

Sorry, have I used the wrong wording?giggle.gif

I want to try and get the opposite to those lads stunt riding where they pull wheelies forever with a frying pan sprocket on the back.clap2.gif

I was thinking more top end rather than acceleration using a smaller rear sprocket.

Apologies, I'm a bit excited at the mo and together with a few sleepless nights the brain isn't what it used to be.giggle.gif

Keep those good times rolling. coffee1.gifwai.gifwai2.gif

post-52293-0-32759600-1367647377_thumb.j

• Like 1