Leasing Out Farm Land

mikekim1219

Anybody out there purchased a land for leaseing out to farmers? Any success story? What is the feasibility of this investment? In my simple way of thinking, the return from leasing is low compare to the investment but land value will appreciate in the long run.

Please skip the details about farang not able to owning the land etc.,

Think you would need to know the demand in your area. Where I live there is little demand for renting land, have 9 rai laying empty and can not rent it no matter how low the rent was, can't even make a percentage deal on cassava or some other crop. I even paid for a tractor to clear and plow some. Said to my rubber tappers and family anyone want to plant something feel free, no takers. Jim

In my area of Chayapoum it is difficult to find land to rent. Even so farmers won't pay more than 1000 Baht/rai/year so if you buy cheap (20k/rai) you will only make 5% on your investment. Unless you have a good reason to think the land itself will be a good investment then it is hardly worth it. Much better to grow something on it than rent it out

I am no expert, but from what I have seen, it seems to max out at about 1000b a rai a year, regardless of the value of the land financially and location. I am referring to farming use here.

Fencing seems to be a issue to think about as well.

The gf's parents with their Fish Farm pay a bit more then that above.

A 8 rai pond is rented for 20,000 Baht/annum with easy access to the klong for drawing the water as required, but poor access to the road for transport.

The Fish/Prawn is located south of the Airport.

This rate above if for a Thai renting from a Thai.