The Perils Of Owning A Bar In Thailand

HardBanger

This what happened at my Hua Hin bar only a few months ago.... If you want you can PM me

MY BAR DIARY:

The second night here, Lek the cashier had a 20-minute shrieking argument with her "boyfriend." At one point she picked up a chair and smashed a table with it. (I should have fired her right then. That was my first mistake).

Ploy & Bom both disappeared for 24 hours on the first Saturday I was here, January 28. I asked Nyu, Jiap & Lek where they were, and they all said "I don't know," which is bullshit. They're on the phone to each other all the time. It's clear that these girls all cover up for each other, and therefore lie to me. It's also clear that I will sell the bar in the next few months--maybe in September. I'm hating it already. I should never have bought a girlie bar. What a dumb thing to do. I feel totally uncomfortable here,

People come and go from this bar. Thai guys come in and have a game of pool without buying a drink. I have to pay 2,000 a month to the cops for no apparent reason. Power outlets are all loose and dangerous. There is always no change in the "till," which is just a drawer. Things in the bar, such as shelves and the bathroom, are never cleaned properly, if at all. The British restaurant owner next door complains constantly about the loud music emanating from the bar, which is fair enough because the girls keep turning it up. On February 8th, I turned it down and Jiap threatened to leave. This was a problem, since she was the life of the bar--the one who brought in a lot of customers. On February 12th, the same problem arose. She threatened to leave again, so I said "fuc_k off." She then screamed, ordering Bom and Ploy to grab their belongings and leave. They did. I called Yuki (who had told me to inform her if any issues arose) to tell her what happened. I wanted to get 3 replacement girls, but that is easier said than done in this nutty place. Yuki sorted it out in the only way possible. The 3 girls all came back. Within 2 days, they had forgotten what even happened. But how did Jiap order Bom and Ploy to leave? She simply yelled at them to grab their stuff and go, and they did it like two little poodles being ordered by their master. Does Jiap own them? How sick are these people? The mindset is tribal and primitive.

Again and again, Lek the cashier has no change. Tonight I had to make 2 trips to the shop to buy something to get some change. The girls play the same CD every night again and again. Ploy primps in the mirror, babbles on her cell phone constantly, and spends an inordinate amount of time polishing her finger nails. Everything is an irritating psycho-drama here. I don't control the bar at all. Even if I tell Lek to tell Ploy to do something, it doesn't get done. Nothing changes, no matter what I do. I don't even feel like the owner. I feel like selling the bar right now, after only 3 weeks. I now seriously hate this bar, and I seriously hate these lazy, cheeky, lying, screeching bar bitches.

Feb 15>

For Christ's sake. Incredibly, Bom had sex with a man, then returned and handed over the money to Ploy. I couldn't believe it. And twice in the previous 2 days, Ploy had her hand out to me for money to buy a drink, which I refused. Meanwhile, 3 times Ploy has gone away with a guy and scammed him into having sex but then stopped after about 2 minutes and left the room. And then of course, still wanted the money. What a cheap, spongy bitch. She'll have her stupid ass kicked out of here soon. She took 2 nights off due to "sickness," then the next weekend said she was going to Chiang Mai for 2 days, which was clearly a bullshit story. It's obvious that she was seeing a wealthy Thai customer, and lied about it. It's incredible that every night after leaving my bar, she bangs Thai customers for only a third of the money that she can get from a foreigner. Why? Is she really that stupid? Or is it because she likes being controlled by her grubby pimp?

Feb 17>

Ploy came into my bedroom at 8:00 this morning, and said "eating" over and over again. Then she disappeared. Why wake up someone at 8:00 in the morning to say that? What a silly nut.

Feb 21>

Ploy and Bom turned up at 8:30 tonight. This happened after I told Lek to call them (at 7:20). It took them over an hour to get here. I swore at Ploy and told her if it happens again, she will be fired.

Lek came into my room at 9:30 this morning saying she had lost the previous night's take, but 20 minutes later said that she found it in her handbag. Did the moron not think of looking there?

Feb 26>

I just returned from a 3-day visa run to Laos, and discovered that the bar had the 3 worst nights ever. Isn't that a coincidence-- that the nights with the lowest revenue just happened to occur when I was away? I know what happened--the silly bitches didn't even show up for work.

Feb 29>

Ploy was fired tonight. 5 times in the past 2 nights she has manipulated customers, deliberately coming on to them (in a big way), getting them horny, and then gradually turning away from them and refusing to have sex. Last night, she did it to a guy who left alone (as the others did), but then saw him walking along the street 2 hours later and tried to solicit him again. What he said was interesting: "So you've changed your mind?" Obviously, she deliberately turned him on, then rejected his offer, and then tried it again 2 hours later. He walked away, probably sensing a trap. That 4 times in 2 days is not counting the other times that I've seen it happen, nor the other 2 times that the customer complained that Ploy stopped having sex after 2 minutes and just walked away. What pathetic little game is she playing? That manipulative, lazy sponge was finally fired tonight. Great!

March 1>

Ploy is now working at Bar 80, just 30 feet away.

March 2>

Bom also left, and is now working at Bar 80 because she can't exist without Ploy. They always have to sit together, like little girls at a kindergarten.

A few days after Bom & Ploy left, they come into my bar again. It happened Monday night briefly. But on Thursday night apparently Ploy was in the bar for a while and left with a customer! And the bar fine went to the other bar! Lek borrows money constantly.

March 12>

Lek had an argument with her "boyfriend" again. He came around to the bar, shouted, pushed her, went away, came back, pulled her hair, then came back later, parked his bike and shouted some stuff, went into the bar, grabbed her, slapped her and pushed her over. 2 foreigners playing pool then shouted "hey!" and Lek's boyfriend went into the pool room and threatened them with a knife. Lek left the next day. Thank God for that.

The same night, Lek invited a fat, slothful beast of a woman to the bar to "work." She sat down, slothed all over the chair next to hers, tipped the table over, nearly did it again, at which time I said "Look, will you fuc_k off?" Then she spent about an hour in the toilet puking up. The Thai staff don't know her name. They just call her "fat lady."

March 14>

Jiap is now making any excuse not to come to work. 3 times this week she has been "sick."

March 15>

I can't get a new cashier. Yuki said she would do it, but didn't show up, Then she said another girl would do it, but she didn't show up either. My "girlfriend" said she would be the new cashier but then turned up at 3:00 the next day and didn't tell me until 5:00 that she wasn't going to be the cashier. Even then, I only heard about it through Jiap. She didn't even tell me directly.

March 16>

Lek came back. This was after having 3 atrocious nights in the bar (one of which I only made 100 baht), and even putting up with stupid Lek was better than that. Lek's cute friend May is now working here, and banged a guy at 5:00 yesterday. (She is the biggest sponge ever, with her hand constantly out for money).

March 18>

I offered Bom and Ploy 1,000 a month to come back, after being sick of seeing customers walk past my bar and go into theirs instead. Ploy asked for 1,500 a month, and I said yes. Some customer of Ploy's offered to pay for English lessons for her, but of course she would just pocket the money. Twice in 2 nights, Ploy has held out her hand to me for money, even though she doesn't even work here.

There have been 4 power cuts in the past 2 months, and the internet has gone off (for hours) 3 times in the past week.

March 20>

I have tried to get new girls for the bar. I went to Cha-Am with Lek and spoke to some girls there last week, This week, 2 girls from there turned up in my bar. They stayed for 2 hours and said they would come back, but then disappeared. I've asked around Hua Hin for bar girls, but each time nothing happens. It's always "maybe" or "I'll think about it," but the outcome is always the same-- nothing.

March 21>

My "girlfriend" turned up in the bar today and said she wanted to work here tonight. She began getting drunk at 6:00, went behind the counter to change the music, then turned it up loud, causing the lady next door to complain. She then blabbed loudly about her, causing the same lady to come back and have another loud argument full of cat-like shrieking. She then said to me "if you are not strong, people will try to push you down," to which I replied "Don't touch the fuc_kin CD player and don't turn up the music, you fuc_kin idiot!" She then went quiet, and I ignored her, kind of shooing her away. She left. (She came back 4 days later as if nothing had even happened.)

Ploy turns up at the next bar every evening at 6:30 (not 8:30 like she did here), she leaves there at 1:00 a,m, (not at 11:00 like she did here), doesn't put her spongy hand out to that boss for money, doesn't have any problems with not having sex with customers either. I warned her repeatedly about all that shit, and she didn't change her attitude at all. Oh, but now she's suddenly different at the next bar. Now she's suddenly working proper hours and banging guys all the time without problems. (She bragged last Thursday that she made 9,000 baht from 3 guys, but then on Sunday asked me for 20 baht - and she doesn't even work here!)

I have spoken to girls along in the Manee Bar who work a 12 hour day. Yes, 12 hours they are required to be there. But of course that could never happen at my bar. Bom & Ploy often worked here for only 4 hours a night. Meanwhile, stupid Lek doesn't show up here until 6 p,m. I told her that her pay will be cut, but her retarded little brain hasn't grasped that yet.

March 23>

A new girl, May, turns up at about 4 or 5:00 and leaves at 8:00. Why work those stupid hours? She only stayed a week, but now she's suddenly gone. She told Lek she's going somewhere, but didn't say where, even after Lek specifically asked. Apparently, she was Lek's "friend," not that that means anything to these shallow bitches.

March 26>

Just saw Lek (at 8pm) along at the Hut Bar sitting beside the same jerk who beat her up in my bar 2 weeks ago. I asked why, and her answer was gibberish as always.

Jiap is still making excuses for not coming to work, saying she is "sick" again. Often she comes but leaves after 3 hours. Her 2 little poodles, Bom & Ploy, aren't here for her to boss around, so the bar is not much "fun" anymore for that domineering cow.

The nutty woman who owns Bar 80 had a loud screeching 20-minute fight with some gay guys, repeatedly trying to kick one of them, and only 2 nights before there was another loud screeching fight along the road involving about 10 women.

March 25>

Ploy just told Lek that she intends to go back to her hometown soon to work for a sugar company for 4,000 baht a month. Yeah, right. This is 3 days after telling Lek that she intends to come back and work here.

March 27>

The Fat lady took 3 hours off to get her fingernails done.

March 28>

The Fat lady took another 3 hours off to get her fingernails done.

Stupid Lek and dumb-ass Jiap both said that she is "good for customers," but she isn't. She's just the opposite. How could those two idiots, who have sponged around in grubby bars for their whole lazy lives, even think that this fat woman could be "good for customers"? It just shows how deeply stupid they both are. They don't even know their own business properly. If I didn't need Lek and Jiap so much, they would have their stupid asses kicked out of here in 2 seconds.

Bar 80, the bar next door, now has so many more customers than we do. We had 2 tonight. They had about 16. I just realized that one reason is the pool table. Bar 80 has one, but I had never seen it before because the light is always off. The girls seem to only be allowed to play pool with customers. But in our bar here, they have always spent ages playing pool with each other instead of welcoming customers outside. (They didn't do that when Yuki ran it). That's not counting other things that are different next door: I don't see Ploy wandering around on the road talking on her cell phone like she did when she worked here. She & Bom turn up at 6:30 every night, and stay until about 1;00. They don't play pool together. They have to sit outside and welcome customers. It just goes to show that a Falang who can't speak Thai cannot run a girlie bar in Thailand. These silly bitches need a boss who is like a headmaster at an elementary school. They need a firm controller, someone who can lay down the rules (in Thai) and shout at them (in Thai). That's what the lady next door does. Yuki did that too. A girlie bar needs a "Mama San" - otherwise it won't work. You also have to be in the bar all the time, which I won't do because it's so nutty and boring. Therefore, it's not possible for a guy like me to run a bar here effectively. Running a bar here also means descending yourself to the level of a simple-minded, lazy, crazed bar girl. That's a good reason not to bother in the first place.

March 29>

I just heard that Ploy has already gone back to her home town. I asked for how long. One girl said it's for 2 weeks, but the boss said she didn't know and didn't even ask. I asked why she went, and was told that her mother was sick. But 3 nights ago, Lek said Ploy was going back to work in a sugar company.

I can't believe how fuc_ked in the head these idiots are. They can't get anything right, and even contradict what they just said a minute earlier. This kind of crazed shit happens constantly. This country is half kindergarten and half mental asylum.

March 30>

Lek has gone to Rangsit. That's 3 periods she has had off in the past 2 months, totaling about 2 weeks.

March 31>

Lek didn't come back today like she said she would. So I called her, but of course the public phone didn't take my money because they're all fuc_ked, in typical Thai style. So Ricky offered to call, but Lek didn't answer her phone, in typical Lek style.

April 1>

Lek didn't come back today either. The fat lady is not coming back by the look of it. A woman from Bar 80 started working here tonight. She seems quite good.

April 2>

The woman from Bar 80 has gone already. She couldn't sleep and felt "sick" like all other weak Thais do. She also took away the Buddha above the window (the one that they all give raspberry drinks to) because apparently there was something wrong with it.

April 3>

Stupid Lek just came back after 5 days. She made no attempt to even tell me why she was away for that long. But of course I can't fire the dumb bitch because the last time I tried to find a Thai women to be cashier, I couldn't get one. They were all too unreliable and stupid.

April 5>

I told a fat cop to fuc_k of tonight when he came around to ask for a bribe, and I told Lek to fuc_k off too. She nearly went, but then decided not to, unfortunately.

April 7>

Stupid Lek flicked the wrong switch or something and the whole bar went dark. She said that nothing could be done to fix it, and went home. The was no power at all--and this happened at the beginning of a 3-day holiday in which all the bars are closed and I can't get an electrician. I told the people at the bar along the road and two guys showed up and somehow got the ground floor power on, although upstairs stayed without power. But of course stupid Lek couldn't have done that, even though she was fiddling around with fuses for fuc_kin ages. What an irritating, stupid, whiny-voiced pain in the ass that bitch is.

3 people have a key for my business--Yuki, Lek and Nyu all have keys, for Christ's sake! Even if I closed the doors and walked away from this bar, it wouldn't matter. Everyone can still get in, and the money would simply go to Yuki.

April 8>

The bar is empty for the 3-day holiday. That's 3 days without income, but also 3 days without stupid Lek. Ricky just showed up and told me about what a nut Yuki is. He said that on Thursday night she became a frenzied psycho, smashing glasses and shrieking until 4 a.m. She cut herself twice on her leg and there was blood everywhere in the bathroom & kitchen. Tonight (Sunday) she said to Ricky that if he doesn't give her money to get drunk, she will forget about trying to find a buyer for my bar. By 10 p.m. Yuki was getting drunk and talking turkey about the bar. I was told that I would get 80,000 baht, and I agreed. I will lose 150,000 baht compared to what I paid for the bar, but I will do anything to get out of this crazed nut house.

April 9>

Yuki also told me that Ploy began working here in August last year, not January this year. I asked her if there were problems with Ploy. She said there was only one: Once a customer complained about her leaving early after he paid for her for an all-night session. Yuki told her that if it happened again, she would be kicked out. It never happened again. So why did all that shit with Ploy happen after I began? It's just more proof that Ploy was screwing me around. It didn't happen when Yuki was here. In addition, Yuki had all the girls (including Bom & Ploy) cleaning the toilet, doing dishes, mopping the floor, etc. As soon as I came, they immediately stopped doing it. That's just typical of these lazy Thai bitches.

Yuki also told me about Lek. She is still the "girlfriend" of that scum Khun, who is actually her controller. Yuki said that if Lek tries to escape, Khun will hunt her down and hurt her. How incredible this place is. Is there anyone here who's not a crazed psycho or a total moron?

April 10>

I had another 11-hour trip to Bangkok and back. When I came back, I spoke to Ricky and he said that the bar had been sold. Great! But I only got 70,000 baht. (Yuki made 50,000 baht from the deal, I was later told). Incredibly, the <deleted> who came to see the bar stole 2 clocks from me, and a fan. Ricky said he took my computer to his bar for safe-keeping in case they stole that too. How amazing. They actually thieved things while they were looking at the bar? What are these scum? How much worse can this shitty country get?

A lot worse. Stupid Lek turned up too, with her hand out for money again. 3 weeks ago, I told her that if she comes late to work at about 6:00 p.m., she will have her pay cut to 4,500 a month. She didn't seem to understand, even though I explained it very simply. That's how stupid she is. I had already paid her 2,000 last week, but now she turns up wanting another 3,000. I screamed at her to fuc_k off. That was a mistake. I should have just handed over 1,500 baht, and that would have been the end of it. In the end, I handed over 1,300 and went to the bus station.

April 11>

I'm now in Bangkok. What a huge relief to be away from that pathetic bar full of screaming, lying, lazy, crazed, stupid bitches. But it's still in my head.

I just realized that the stock bill I paid on the first day that I took over the bar (January 23) was made purposely high because Yuki deliberately took a lot of spirits and beer out of the bar before I arrived. Why did I have to pay 13,500 baht in stock bills the first week, when the 3rd & 4th weeks it was the normal average of about 5,000? Because Yuki ripped me off for about 8,000 baht. She took as much as she could on the Saturday, quickly ordered more, and I paid the bill on Monday not knowing what she had done. Really incredible. And Yuki also took away 3 fans from the place too, costing me 2,400 baht to replace. It's hard to believe what liars and thieves these people are.

April 19>

Tonight I fly to Australia. Finally this appalling episode is over. I won't ever be coming back.

• Like 1