New Amazon Kindles

Chicog

I'm so swamped at the moment I missed this announcement, and only found it by accident at the Amazon home page.

[quote

Dear Customers,

Today we're excited to introduce the all-new Kindle Fire HD.

jeffletter-2012-fire-1._V389711289_.jpg

Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G isn't just the best tablet for the price, it's the best tablet. $499 now gets you a large-screen HD tablet with a stunning 8.9" display, exclusive Dolby audio, dual stereo speakers, the fastest Wi-Fi, ultra-fast 4G LTE wireless, plus our new unprecedented $49.99 one-year 4G data package. Customers save hundreds of dollars in the first year compared to other 4G tablets. Kindle Fire HD 8.9" is also available in a Wi-Fi only model for $299.

Kindle Fire HD is the world's most-advanced 7" tablet, with a stunning HD display, plus the same exclusive Dolby audio, dual stereo speakers, the fastest Wi-Fi, and 16 GB of storage. Kindle Fire HD is just $199.

We are also introducing the world's most advanced e-readers, Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Paperwhite 3G.

jeffletter-2012-ereader-1._V389711294_.jpg

You'll do a double take when you see Kindle Paperwhite—we've added 62% more pixels and increased contrast by 25%, so whites are whiter, and blacks are blacker. We've also added a revolutionary built-in front light for the perfect reading experience whether you're out at the beach or at home in bed. Kindle Paperwhite starts from just $119. Kindle Paperwhite 3G is available for $179 with free 3G wireless—never pay for or hunt for a Wi-Fi hotspot. We've also updated our smallest, lightest Kindle with improved fonts and 15% faster page turns—it now starts at just $69.

Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Paperwhite are each in a class by themselves when it comes to hardware—there's nothing better. But the real magic is that they are also a service. When combined with our enormous content ecosystem, unmatched cross-platform interoperability and standard-setting customer service, we hope people will agree these are the best tablets and e-readers anywhere, at any price.

Thank you for being a customer,

]

I'm really liking my Nexus7 B7000 shipped to US address. Next year I will get another perhaps and root that one. Lots of crap on the tablet I would rather do without incl Googles prying eyes. Missing SD slot and esp out here the cloud falls far short imo.

No way I would spend that kind of money on a Kindle. Rather go for a Tab with 3g made for Thailand or even at this price an Asus (which makes Nexus7).

Edited by bangkokburning

Biggest problem with Amazon's Kindles is that their software is only available legally, where you purchase it. So Uk software is only available in UK and US from the US. Of course you can use a VPN or Proxy to obtain them unofficially. However they are great tablet additions to the many available these days.

I use a kindle and have bought the last 3 ...at the latest price range I would say buy the 3G one for those enjoy reading a lot as in the long run the kindle is a very good reading machine and u save more than buying it as Asia books

I agree as a tablet kindle fire it is still far for challenging the options available in Thailand