Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it is indeed, all these parts are not that expensive to get too!!!

It is the first I had heard of Andreani

I am looking at their site now

Yes everything on that list is what I look at on my own bike

as things that could be improved,

so how are you satisfied with the bike guys? Was it worth buying or are you tired of it already?

Can somebody make a youtube with a real bike sound, I still think it sounds like a scooter

thy

if youre not to impatient i have filmed some long trips with my gopro hero3 black edition camera and i will try to upload it to youtube within this week. riding on a fully stock white cbr500r .

ps if you think this one sounds like a scooter i would love to know in wich scooter model you had in mind? it might not sound to loud when idleing but once you go on the road and goes about 4 to 5k rpm plus its roars quite good to me :) ds

fellow owners of the cbr 500 r! are you feeling some engine vibrations when going above 4 to 5k rpm? thats when i start to feel them. its not that strong but i can indeed feel some more vibrations at those rpms. when driving some long distances my hands and fingers feels a bit numbed (not sure of the spelling). i remembered reading about one owner of this bike talking about like he was sitting on a chain saw! if i could only remember who it was. i think it was posted in this topic so i guess i just spend the day long to search for it.

fellow owners of the cbr 500 r! are you feeling some engine vibrations when going above 4 to 5k rpm? thats when i start to feel them. its not that strong but i can indeed feel some more vibrations at those rpms. when driving some long distances my hands and fingers feels a bit numbed (not sure of the spelling). i remembered reading about one owner of this bike talking about like he was sitting on a chain saw! if i could only remember who it was. i think it was posted in this topic so i guess i just spend the day long to search for it.

Have you checked your oil level?

Engine oil? I havent opened and looked down in the small whole where you fill the oil if thats what you mean. Bike is brand new but I have put over 1000k on the clock already so going to honda big wing for the first service tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone else had these engine vibrations.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

parts for 500 series from k speed, pretty good prices but design wise all suck.

http://www.k-speed.net/product_973482_th

you talked about the sliders (crash protectors) where only mounted in by 1 bolt and that usually it was 2 or more? and it did seems to be abit weak. thats your final about the sliders? i would prefer paying double or triple but for high quality and really strong set ups! as it would probably keep the bike in better shape after a slide on the side.

Engine oil? I havent opened and looked down in the small whole where you fill the oil if thats what you mean. Bike is brand new but I have put over 1000k on the clock already so going to honda big wing for the first service tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone else had these engine vibrations.

you ain't gonna know how much oil is in it by looking down the fiill hole,try looking through the little glass window should be more or less directly below the fill point ,oh and make sur the bike is level not leaning on side stand or it will appear empty

Yeah vibrations are felt around 5000 rpm also while neutral or clutch pulled. But it is normal i think.

Did not get any sliders yet but you can get rsv racing one if k speed sliders look weak or get two slider set from k speed and put two.

Maybe you're bouncing off the rev limiter?

• Like 2

Maybe you're bouncing off the rev limiter?

I thought the rev limiter was atleast 9k rpm? I have a weak memory about that somewhere. No seriously after 4 to 5k rpm this little thing is making more vibrations than my cb400 vtec year 2001 model did

Have you bothered to open the service manual?

And yes, check the oil. The idiot mechanic who prepped my bike hadn't. Not used to working on bikes with oil filters I guess.

And yes, check the oil. The idiot mechanic who prepped my bike hadn't. Not used to working on bikes with oil filters I guess.

Man are you saying you bought a cbr500 and it was low on engine oil from the start? Pls tell me exactly how do you check the oil level without going to the mechanics as I wanna know for sure about this before my first service at honda. Thx for reply

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile appyou ain't gonna know how much oil is in it by looking down the fiill hole,try looking through the little glass window should be more or less directly below the fill point ,oh and make sur the bike is level not leaning on side stand or it will appear empty

I dont understand you exactly could you please explain it more better please? Thank you for answer.

It seems hard for certain people to understand, so let me break it down for all concerned.

The more the cylinders, generally, the smoother the engine. Furthermore, the smaller the pistons, again generally, the smoother the engine. Thus see below where most smooth is to the left and less smooth to the right:

Rotary > six cylinder > four cylinder > three cylinder > twin cylinder > single cylinder > a real horse.

Also, a 400 inline 4 is smoother than a 600 inline 4. Smaller pistons means less mass. A 400 inline 4 displaces 100cc per cylinder; a 500 inline twin displaces 250cc per cylinder. While the 500 twin doesn't have two and a half times the mass per piston, it's quite a bit more.

Stop comparing dissimilar engines! Or go take a ride on a Gold Wing or BMW 6 cylinder and then think how much your old inline 4 engine shook.

• Like 1

It seems hard for certain people to understand, so let me break it down for all concerned.

The more the cylinders, generally, the smoother the engine. Furthermore, the smaller the pistons, again generally, the smoother the engine. Thus see below where most smooth is to the left and less smooth to the right:

Rotary > six cylinder > four cylinder > three cylinder > twin cylinder > single cylinder > a real horse.

Also, a 400 inline 4 is smoother than a 600 inline 4. Smaller pistons means less mass. A 400 inline 4 displaces 100cc per cylinder; a 500 inline twin displaces 250cc per cylinder. While the 500 twin doesn't have two and a half times the mass per piston, it's quite a bit more.

Stop comparing dissimilar engines! Or go take a ride on a Gold Wing or BMW 6 cylinder and then think how much your old inline 4 engine shook.

Are you saying these vibrations are totally normal then? And how do I check my oil level? ?

I don't feel any vibrations, apart from what is normal, if you talk about vibrations, it makes me think of an old VW engine, those things vibrate, the 500 just makes normal motions coming from a working engine.

The sliders on the CBR version are only good if your legs aren't too long. My friend has the ones from RSV fitted and I only have like 2 centimeters left between my knee and the slider. I am only 175 cm tall.

On the 500F they are placed better because they use different holes to screw them in. They are a bit lower and further away from your legs.

Can't use these holes for the CBR because of the fairing blocking them.

And if you want a service at Big Wing, don't forget to make an appointment first. wai.gif

I don't feel any vibrations, apart from what is normal, if you talk about vibrations, it makes me think of an old VW engine, those things vibrate, the 500 just makes normal motions coming from a working engine.

The sliders on the CBR version are only good if your legs aren't too long. My friend has the ones from RSV fitted and I only have like 2 centimeters left between my knee and the slider. I am only 175 cm tall.

On the 500F they are placed better because they use different holes to screw them in. They are a bit lower and further away from your legs.

And if you want a service at Big Wing, don't forget to make an appointment first.

thanks for the info appreciate it alot! and i checked an online manual of about how to check the oil level so i got that part now! just gonna wait until tomorrow morning and i will go and have a look. i doubt there is not sufficient oil though.

do you or anyone else know how much it will cost for the first 1000km service? they will only change oil and filter right? besides the safety checks they will do ofcourse.

and what about synthetic oil? is it better to wait for that abit further? thx for reply!

i cant wait to get a full system racing exhaust and put some nice mods on it!

Man are you saying you bought a cbr500 and it was low on engine oil from the start? Pls tell me exactly how do you check the oil level without going to the mechanics as I wanna know for sure about this before my first service at honda. Thx for reply

Yes, when I bought my CB500F the oil level was at the minimum level according to the sight glass which is on the right side of your engine. This says to me, the idiot masquerading as a mechanic didn't run the engine after the initial oil fill, whether it was at the factory or the dealer, I don't know, but I assume it was at the factory and the dealer didn't check it properly before releasing the bike.

Yes, when I bought my CB500F the oil level was at the minimum level according to the sight glass which is on the right side of your engine. This says to me, the idiot masquerading as a mechanic didn't run the engine after the initial oil fill, whether it was at the factory or the dealer, I don't know, but I assume it was at the factory and the dealer didn't check it properly before releasing the bike.

Yeah i have checked my oil level and its in normal level just between high and low limits. However a service manual in english wouldnt be to bad. I have own 2 cars and they where old from the mid 90s. You know how you check oil level on those but this bike its almost like a secret window you have to discover haha. I cant believe what I have been told today at big wing ram inthra. No time for my service until end of next month. Come on over 1 month in que for the first 1000km service what a bullshit as costumer service!! I even asked if I could get an earlier time and here comes the highlight of the story! He asked me if I go to pattaya alot? I remembered I had my sarcastic smile while replying him

- no not really! What do you mean?

He then said that honda big wing in pattaya has less que!!! I mean for the love of god!!! What are these guys thinking! ! Haahaaa!!! What a circus!!!

Did you level the bike when you checked the oil?

When you put it on its stand, then the oil will always be at the minimum level because the bike is leaning to one side.

• Like 1

Yeah i have checked my oil level and its in normal level just between high and low limits. However a service manual in english wouldnt be to bad. I have own 2 cars and they where old from the mid 90s. You know how you check oil level on those but this bike its almost like a secret window you have to discover haha. I cant believe what I have been told today at big wing ram inthra. No time for my service until end of next month. Come on over 1 month in que for the first 1000km service what a bullshit as costumer service!! I even asked if I could get an earlier time and here comes the highlight of the story! He asked me if I go to pattaya alot? I remembered I had my sarcastic smile while replying him

He then said that honda big wing in pattaya has less que!!! I mean for the love of god!!! What are these guys thinking! ! Haahaaa!!! What a circus!!!

When I bought the bike at Big Wing they told me I should call to make an appointment for my first service.

This bike has just been released, they have sold hundreds at the same time and they have like 4 or 5 workstations.

The 1000 km service takes about 3 hours because of the valve clearance check.

You think the mechanics there work 24 hour shifts? It is a big bike shop, not a 7 11.

And if you want a service at Big Wing, don't forget to make an appointment first.

thanks for the info appreciate it alot! and i checked an online manual of about how to check the oil level so i got that part now! just gonna wait until tomorrow morning and i will go and have a look. i doubt there is not sufficient oil though.

do you or anyone else know how much it will cost for the first 1000km service? they will only change oil and filter right? besides the safety checks they will do ofcourse.

and what about synthetic oil? is it better to wait for that abit further? thx for reply!

i cant wait to get a full system racing exhaust and put some nice mods on it!

The first service cost me 1923 baht.

And oh! When I first glanced at the oil levels I had my heart beat slowly for minutes. It was all dry and I couldnt see the beginning of the oil level even. That was cold engine and in its parking position with side stand down. But after idling 5 minutes and turn off for 3 min I could see the normal oil level.

I wanna ask you this! Should the oil level be in normal even in cold engine operation but when standing straight like seating position with riders both feet on the ground?

Cause mine is only showing normal when its warm.

Thanks for reply! :)

When I bought the bike at Big Wing they told me I should call to make an appointment for my first service.

This bike has just been released, they have sold hundreds at the same time and they have like 4 or 5 workstations.

The 1000 km service takes about 3 hours because of the valve clearance check.

You think the mechanics there work 24 hour shifts? It is a big bike shop, not a 7 11.

They are under powered by man craft! And a bigger repair shop would probably be a must to have in soon future.

And oh! When I first glanced at the oil levels I had my heart beat slowly for minutes. It was all dry and I couldnt see the beginning of the oil level even. That was cold engine and in its parking position with side stand down. But after idling 5 minutes and turn off for 3 min I could see the normal oil level.

I wanna ask you this! Should the oil level be in normal even in cold engine operation but when standing straight like seating position with riders both feet on the ground?

Cause mine is only showing normal when its warm.

Check oil when engine is warm. Level should be about middle of sight glass (with bike held upright) if correct amount of oil used.

A month!!! And people talk about imports being a pain in the neck... You'd have thought Honda might have had a rough idea how many mechanics/workshops they'd need to service the number of bikes they would sell. Amazing.

this valve clearance check is a pain in teh ass for them. It takes around 3 hours and i am not sure how they can handle this on 1200 bikes!

I am sure lots of riders went for touring during Songkran and reached 1000 km quickly:)

God bless i got the 1000 km check so my next valve clearance in on 12k km i think.

• Like 1

Gotta say that is terrible for Honda to have a month waiting list I can see this problem growing aswell if they are selling alot of these bikes ,it's not gonna look good in your service book when you could have anything up to 3-4000km before your first service is done