Andy Murray Wins Us Open

marshbags

Well done Andy it,s been a long time coming and much deserved. clap2.gif

Report from the BBC

ref url http://www.bbc.co.uk...tennis/19539257

This is my good news story of the day

intheclub.gif

A grand slam winner at last with many more to come I,m sure, I,m confident that not only Roger, Novak, and Rafa will also be thrilled for him as will the rest of the tennis family

marshbags partytime2.gif

Edited by marshbags

The Final presentation video courteousy of Sky Sports.

http://sportinglife.aol.co.uk/tennis/video/8070662/murray-claims-us-open-title

Apologies if it breaks posting rules in any way unsure.png

Boy what a last few weeks it,s been for the U.K. what with the T.D. France, then the two brilliant Olympic showcases and now this.

They will have a right task picking a winner at the annual Sports Personality of the year

marshbags thumbsup.gif

When he went into a slump in the 3rd set, I was sure he was going to collapse like a clown's car. I fell asleep with the TV on, and when I woke up he was 2-0 up in the fifth.

What a fightback and I didn't realise just how hard he trains until his previous coach explained it:

When he starts for the next season around December he does 2 x 90 minute gruelling gym sessions and 2 x 90 minute on court sessions. Every day.

I'm tired just thinking about it.

I was busting to get this result out on Thai Visa and share the joy it has given me.

I don,t want to sound like a sentimental old fool but Andy for me represents all the lovely Scottish friends I,ve had the good fortune to meet during my life.

I,ve spent all day thinking of how they and the whole of Scotland and the U.K. must be feeling, how proud they must be of his deserved achievement and they way in which he won it, just like myself.

There is one particular friend in Nong Khai who being a dedicated Rangers supporter from birth ( and as footie fans will appreciate ), will have had a traumatic time over the last few months, so this will, I feel sure have lifted his spirits and given him something as a proud Scotsman, to be happy about for a change.

In conclusion I dedicate all the joy this has given me to you all, my dear Scottish friends, not least of all my special pal Colin in Nong Khai who I haven,t seen for some time, due to relocating near Chonburi and the people of Dunblane who have suffered so much heartache since the terrible happenings of a several years ago

Thank you for your understanding in allowing me to do this.

marshbags thumbsup.gif

I was busting to get this result out on Thai Visa and share the joy it has given me.

I don,t want to sound like a sentimental old fool but Andy for me represents all the lovely Scottish friends I,ve had the good fortune to meet during my life.

I,ve spent all day thinking of how they and the whole of Scotland and the U.K. must be feeling, how proud they must be of his deserved achievement and they way in which he won it, just like myself.

There is one particular friend in Nong Khai who being a dedicated Rangers supporter from birth ( and as footie fans will appreciate ), will have had a traumatic time over the last few months, so this will, I feel sure have lifted his spirits and given him something as a proud Scotsman, to be happy about for a change.

In conclusion I dedicate all the joy this has given me to you all, my dear Scottish friends, not least of all my special pal Colin in Nong Khai who I haven,t seen for some time, due to relocating near Chonburi and the people of Dunblane who have suffered so much heartache since the terrible happenings of a several years ago

Thank you for your understanding in allowing me to do this.

marshbags thumbsup.gif

What with his Olympic Gold Medal,it's been a perfect year for Andy,and a well deserving place in Tennis History.Let us hope he stays at the top for many years to come.

Seemed like a changed man after that Wimbledon Final loss to Federer. Now that the monkey is finally off his back,we should expect a few for Grand Slam titles from him over the next 5 years or so.

His decision to invite Ivan on board along with his experience and knowledge was a master stroke and boy how both of them have managed to put the final piece in Andy,s nearly a GS winner tag to becoming one is a credit to both of them, along with his other back up team to compliment it.

He has on several occasions in the recent past been unable to, due to his doubtful mental attitude managed to get the finishing touches needed.

Now it has since Ivan came on board, slowly improved and the US open / GS will hopefully be the first of many more to come.

His low profile demeanor and humilty is also a wonderful assett that endears tennis lovers and fellow players alike to him.

The pressure is surely off now and you are no longer the nearly man Andy congratulations once again clap2.gif

marshbags thumbsup.gif

Edited by marshbags