Have 7/11 Stopped Selling Cigarettes?

Pormax

Have been to six 7/11 stores in my area in the last 3 days to buy cigarettes but NO cigarettes available of any make.

Does anyone Know if this is a new policy of that Company??

Did manage to buy some in Tesco Lotus who had a good stock.

Edited by Pormax

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been to six 7/11 stores in my area in the last 3 days to buy cigarettes but NO cigarettes available of any make.

Does anyone Know if this is a new policy of that Company??

Did manage to buy some in Tesco Lotus who had a good stock.

Same here limited amount , but tescos loads

Have heard about them waiting for the higher bar codes, but my local 7 charged me the new price the day after the tax increase was announced, obviously i complained, what do you think happened whistling.gif

No I doubt this is the case as the last time I was able to buy L&M Blue was about 5 days ago at a 7/11. Took their last 2 packs and swept them through the bar code and paid new price 66B a packet.

Either they have had a fall out over price with their supplier or new policy not to sell. I think if the later then they will lose a lot of money/profit as I go mainly to 7/11 for ciggies but almost everytime buy other items at the same time.

Most people dont realize that marbloros that are sold in Bangkok are not that, they are not real.

Yes quite correct. Any pack spelt "marlbloro" is certain to be fake.

I have seen fake marlboro reds. Tobacco and pack printing was very poor quality. No resemblance to what is sold in stores.

• Like 1

Most people dont realize that marbloros that are sold in Bangkok are not that, they are not real.

OK Ill bite. What makes a real Malboro? Have you ever been to Thailand kid?

He's to busy having a beer with his mom and dadlaugh.png

Edited by Shot
  • Like 1

i suspect he has not, but horrible counterfeits are all too common in china.

I cant remember the last time i saw counterfeit cigs in Thailand.

i suspect he has not, but horrible counterfeits are all too common in china.

I cant remember the last time i saw counterfeit cigs in Thailand.

Me neither. Cigs at 7/11 or Lotus counterfeit! No way.

Plenty of stock in my local 7/11's. The bar codes were altered within a day.

You could always buy a carton and keep your stocks up smile.png

If we had an idea they were going to run out am sure we would have stocked up. At my local 7 it happens quite a bit that the LM red in a hard box run very low, but a couple of days later they are stocked up again. In my area of BKK no 7/11 has any brand other than SMS so something is happening.

Luckily most mom and pop shops still hold stock, albeit the soft box rolleyes.gif

cheeky feckers are charging a higher price though laugh.png

Edited by Bangkokhatter

Plenty of stock in my local 7/11's. The bar codes were altered within a day.

You could always buy a carton and keep your stocks up smile.png

If we had an idea they were going to run out am sure we would have stocked up. At my local 7 it happens quite a bit that the LM red in a hard box run very low, but a couple of days later they are stocked up again. In my area of BKK no 7/11 has any brand other than SMS so something is happening.

Luckily most mom and pop shops still hold stock, albeit the soft box rolleyes.gif

cheeky feckers are charging a higher price though laugh.png

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be funny about stocking up :)

Yes, very odd regards the short supply because, as I mentioned, my local 7/11 and one other nearby have had no problems with stock.

Im not about to take an insult. Drinking with my mom and dad? Yes i am, my mom recenty recovered from cancer, im enjoying her company as much as i can. As for allegations against my age, you dont know where i come from in canada, boy. Ive experienced much in my small age and i still respect my ancients and elders. You have an issue com bring to my face son, eight years boxing two years muay thai... Im more of a man than you. I respect, i perservere and i learn. You ever again voice such disraspect to me and my family, give a location... I dont tolerate.

• Like 2

Im not about to take an insult. Drinking with my mom and dad? Yes i am, my mom recenty recovered from cancer, im enjoying her company as much as i can. As for allegations against my age, you dont know where i come from in canada, boy. Ive experienced much in my small age and i still respect my ancients and elders. You have an issue com bring to my face son, eight years boxing two years muay thai... Im more of a man than you. I respect, i perservere and i learn. You ever again voice such disraspect to me and my family, give a location... I dont tolerate.

I apologize for being rude. My uncle works in tobac exportations from canada, i live in thailand and smoke.. I inquored about the smokes here and he contacted people from marb, very low, yet informed people... He told me they do NOT export marbs to thailand, hence my retort, i get mad at over assuming people, apologies.. I live in bangkok and am still learning.

Easy now Foghorn Leghorn, dont get your feathers ruffled over a few words on here.

• Like 1

Easy now Foghorn Leghorn, dont get your feathers ruffled over a few words on here.

Im still young, words exchanged over text or words in regards to my family or me cause me anger.

Im still young, words exchanged over text or words in regards to my family or me cause me anger.

thicken your skin a bit if you dont want to go crazy in anger from hanging around here then. Nobody is having a real go at your family, and if they did, let it slide. Shows more about them than you and rest of us recognize this.

People (usually smokie, its a spurs thing) have a go a me on here all the time. I do in return. Generally good fun. Occasionally you have whip out the old thesaurus once in a while to really give to those brainy types that role out words like misogynistic (still dont know what that means and couldnt really care enough to go look it up either)

Be careful of other people using slang and sarcasm on here to. For example if they say "Hey Chicken Little, cat got your tongue?" really means "Hey meathead, did my last comment shut you up for good?" stuff like that. It's confusing I know but you'll get the hang of it.

Back to butts at 711, reminds me of last years flood and lack of stock. Speaking of which, looking at the news about Sukhothai and Ayuthaya, I think I will start hoarding early this year..

Thanks for the words of guidance, first time really delving within this whole forum stuff.

When giving advice it is a good idea to have been around Thailand for a while like maybe 10 years or so. Unless of course you have an area of expertise.

Yep and from his other topic he has only been here a month

I do not quiver in fear so much as shake with laughter.

though i see an apology has been issued.

i do wonder what a Canadian would know about the machinations of Phillip Morris and Marlboro, Marlboro products are not sold in Canada.

http://www.cigarettespedia.com/index.php/BrandMarlboro_Canadian

Edited by tinfoilhat