As A Young...

CanadianChicken

As a young man, destined to live here for a long time due to government work what can you all instill upon me. Ive been in bangkok for nearly a month now so i have the basics. Im a pretty good looking young man with a future ahead of me, how can be exploited and what safeguards can i produce to ensure safety? I appreciate any and all advice.

Yours,

CanadianChicken.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't believe the lies you start telling yourself.

First lesson, learn to say no and mean it.

Did you ever hand cash over to a girlfriend back home? If not don't hand cash over to a girlfriend in Thailand.

Keep the wee fella covered.

Just keep in mind that arrogance is kind of frowned upon more in Thailand, as is selfishness. If you keep a modest profile, and share things with others, you should be fine.

As a Canadian, (i am one too) don't forget how much people kind of diss Canadians (SOME -americans think we are bland, Europeans think we are lower class boring Americans, thais think we are selfish and arrogant (an in some cases ugly), and then you have your country being becoming this big mouth to Iran lately, dumping the kyoto accort, mass arests...

Just keep in mind, many people don't like a good looking Canadian with a bright future, they will try to cut you down.

• Like 1

Just keep in mind that arrogance is kind of frowned upon more in Thailand, as is selfishness. If you keep a modest profile, and share things with others, you should be fine.

As a Canadian, (i am one too) don't forget how much people kind of diss Canadians (SOME -americans think we are bland, Europeans think we are lower class boring Americans, thais think we are selfish and arrogant (an in some cases ugly), and then you have your country being becoming this big mouth to Iran lately, dumping the kyoto accort, mass arests...

Just keep in mind, many people don't like a good looking Canadian with a bright future, they will try to cut you down.

You forgot to mention uneducated. I don't believe the young gentleman has an education. Hence all the pretty boy talk.

This is the second thread where you have mentioned you are young and good looking. You wouldn't be stirring the pot with the oldies here would you? Are you familiar with Water Mitty?

maybe he thinks Thai Visa is a dating site

Yep. He is trying to get laid.

The embassy staffs would have told him whatever he need to know about thailand. So what's up with the:

"I m the pretty boy from Quebec, working in a embassy. See me make the old farts here irritated while I try to get to know some farang babes."

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by rics21

This is the second thread where you have mentioned you are young and good looking. You wouldn't be stirring the pot with the oldies here would you? Are you familiar with Water Mitty?

maybe he thinks Thai Visa is a dating site

My thoughts exactly. These guys are so painfully obvious. Maybe someone should tell him that hot young Thai babes do not hang out on Thai Visa. That will get rid of him.

why is how good you look a factor?

he's got a parrot that can say 'pretty boy'

All of the above apply wherever you are in the world.

Basically, don't do anything you wouldn't do at home.

I got three ladies pregnant in Canada. Just thought I would mention that.

Daddy ?

Why you need to share things with others???????????????

This concept has ruined europe.................lol. And is taking dow the usa.

You thinking you might be related to CanadianChicken?...................blink.png

Could be a really small world.......................wink.png

Just apply the same rules you would with girls back home.

Simple rule which can get thrown out the window very easily with a lot of guys in Thailand.

I still think some Thai girls have some sort of special powers on guys, I've seen the hardest guys crumble at the feet of some Thai girls.

My best advice is do what you want, Donot worry about things. Donot let others try and tell you how to live here.Chose your own lifestyle, but the big thing is find others in the expat community that live the same as you. Make your frinds through your prefered lifestyle. If you like bars meet some decent barflies. If you like sports meet some decent sports guys.etc. If you want to go Thai style find others who live the same. If you want mansion living find others who live in mansions.etc.Just do it and finds others doing it the same way. The quide book on how to live in Thailand is history. Thailand is now to diverse to give blanket answers on how and where to do what.

You thinking you might be related to CanadianChicken?...................blink.png

Could be a really small world.......................wink.png

Luckily I got snipped 28 years ago. Although there are quite a few people in Thailand who are in their 40's who look a lot like me.

• Like 1

The best advice for a young guy that is good looking would be to head down to Nana, Cowboy , Pat pong ,maybe Pattaya and tell them you're rich or in a high paid job, which I'm sure you are. You will be the top boy down there and you will be the most respected and envied man in Bangkok and your time here will go so smoothly with all the connections you make.

• Like 1

^ and at the end of all that, he will likely come out jaded, likely in bad shape physically, and totally unable to have a normal conversation with a regular woman.

---

Ive often noticed members launching an attack when a poster mentions that he is a young man who considers himself attractive. Its not like you older guys are short of female attention..from girls a quarter of your age even. So why the hostility? Surely, when there is so much ego boosting for all men, regardless of age or body condition, there really cant be insecurity? Or is it envy? Or what?

---

Anyway, good luck OP, you have already had some good advice, so hope you find your stay a happy one and meet good people who keep your outlook positive!