Looking For Lawyer Referral / Real Estate Document Prep

seesip

The agent can do it for free. These contracts are very simplistic in a straight forward system (the west should copy) and bread and butter for lawyers off the word processor. The basic Thai real estate contract, when absent largely useless embellishment, says the Seller agrees to sell and the Buyer agrees to buy. Add a clause for changing their mind penalties and that is it.

Understand many newbies think this is important but the Thais actually have a good and straight forward system in place that works well. Essentially both parties turn up at the land office, contract or not, the buyer signs over the title deed, the buyer hands over the bank cheque, then the tax is paid in whatever was agreed.

In fact the only deal breaking contracts that slow the whole process down with red tape I've ever seen were from lawyers...surprise, surprise. Anyway just my humble opinion after selling and buying many properties.

The agent can do it for free. These contracts are very simplistic in a straight forward system (the west should copy) and bread and butter for lawyers off the word processor. The basic Thai real estate contract, when absent largely useless embellishment, says the Seller agrees to sell and the Buyer agrees to buy. Add a clause for changing their mind penalties and that is it.

Understand many newbies think this is important but the Thais actually have a good and straight forward system in place that works well. Essentially both parties turn up at the land office, contract or not, the buyer signs over the title deed, the buyer hands over the bank cheque, then the tax is paid in whatever was agreed.

In fact the only deal breaking contracts that slow the whole process down with red tape I've ever seen were from lawyers...surprise, surprise. Anyway just my humble opinion after selling and buying many properties.

Its not so easy like you say it

You always should ask a special lawyer to check the property papers as there are many ways to face them and then you will lose your money, only after all the check is ok, you can go on with the transfer.

Edited by CMweb

Sumalee Jennapa of 29 Tanin Co. Ltd. has negotiated a number of property contracts and transfers for me. I have found her service to be excellent and moderately priced.

She has , within the past 2 weeks moved her Law offices to the Punna Residence @ CMU which is about 200 metres past and on the same side as the Dunkin' Donut on Huay Kaew Road travelling towards the University. It is a large, rambling complex and her suite of offices is on the ground floor at the entrance to the Residence itself.

Cheers.

Edited by SwaziBird