Looking For A House Painter(Company)

rickthailand

i have a detached 2 storey house and i am thinking about having the outside repainted

does anyone know of a good painter(company) that does a good job

i am looking for someone that will do everything buy paint etc etc i just tell them

the colour and pay

anyone also has a rough idea about the price

thanx in advance

rick

My friend has a two storey house on the river outside Chiangmai. It is a true mansion and cost a fortune to build.

I have another friend with a two storey shophouse behind Lotus.

Which one would yours be more like? :-)

Edited by cheeryble
  • Like 1

I'm sure there's bound to be conscientious ones out there (short of the supercentre teams), but the painting seems to be taken on by labourer types. Whoever you go for, watch em like a hawk! You may find the clean-sand-undercoat-coat becomes simply the coat (right over the crud)... slap it on stylie. Also, walk around periodically and don't be afraid to point out the mishaps.

Not such a great idea to let them buy the paint, they will buy the cheapest, which will also be the thinnest and sloppiest, and you can't be sure you'll get the exact colour you want, if the colour is close, it will do

Also as previously said, watch them like hawks, most of the painters I have used in the past don't care is they splash paint onto furniture, doors and especially floors.

I had a mate who had a crew in, he went to extraoridany lengths to try and ensure he got a clean job, he covered every floor with newspaper and then put masking take round the skirtings went off and left them to it. When he returned he found the paper all screwed up outside and paint all over his tiles.

He went out again and brought three paint scrapers and then left them to scrape all the paint off the floor that they had spilt.

Whatever you do....don't go cheap....cheap will normally get you a crap job

• Like 1

I have just had the inside of my house completely repainted. He told me that they also paint house exteriors. They did an excellent job. Our windows, floors and furniture are also paint free. they also did some electrical work that needed to be done. They supplied the exact paint and colours that I wanted. If interested PM me and I will give you the name and phone number. Don't worry about language they speak english and Thai.

Not such a great idea to let them buy the paint, they will buy the cheapest, which will also be the thinnest and sloppiest, and you can't be sure you'll get the exact colour you want, if the colour is close, it will do

Also as previously said, watch them like hawks, most of the painters I have used in the past don't care is they splash paint onto furniture, doors and especially floors.

I had a mate who had a crew in, he went to extraoridany lengths to try and ensure he got a clean job, he covered every floor with newspaper and then put masking take round the skirtings went off and left them to it. When he returned he found the paper all screwed up outside and paint all over his tiles.

He went out again and brought three paint scrapers and then left them to scrape all the paint off the floor that they had spilt.

Whatever you do....don't go cheap....cheap will normally get you a crap job

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you had, Maybe you just hired the cheepest ?

Did you request a brand or quality of paint ?

Check the paint code book they brought to the job site ?

Some companies use the highest quailty paint and equipment avalable inclucing good imported drop clothes

There are some really good companies out there but bottem line is you get what you pay for

I have just had the inside of my house completely repainted. He told me that they also paint house exteriors. They did an excellent job. Our windows, floors and furniture are also paint free. they also did some electrical work that needed to be done. They supplied the exact paint and colours that I wanted. If interested PM me and I will give you the name and phone number. Don't worry about language they speak english and Thai.

So why not post the information for others that may be interested?