Help Please: Shipping From Bkk To Usa

Hello,

This will be my first attempt to send three packages of about 20kg or 50lbs to the USA - California to be exact. It will be garments for sale. I've already sourced a supplier from Pratunam and checked cost of goods with "extra" costs built-in. Now, I'm trying to figure out landed cost-of-goods. I calculate that it will cost about 5000 baht (around $150) per package through EMS - I want the packages delivered within a month. Otherwise, I am prepared to pay more for shipping. I am also labeling and packaging the garments to meet FTC guidelines in Thailand and hopefully it will go through USA customs successfully. This will also be my first foray into trying to work myself. I just quit my job in Thailand.

Questions:

1) For deliveries within 30 days to USA, what is the best value cost/time for shipping method? I gave EMS as an example because they have estimated rates online. The packages are about 36"x24x12 (inches) and 20kg each.

2) What is the best packing material for each package? Should I use a box or just shrink wrap everything into bundles like they do at Pratunam?

3) Do I mark the customs value as cost of goods + shipping? Or, do I mark value as intended for resale? It's going to my warehouse for distribution throughout the States.

4) Besides paying for cost of goods, are there any other Thailand costs that I should consider? I'm talking about VAT and similar costs.

5) If everything above is too time-consuming, should I just have an agent take care of delivery? I won't be at Pratunam, considering that I have relabel and package everything myself. This means that they'll have to pickup from my condo and deliver to my doorstep in California. Any suggestions?

Summary:

Product sourced, costs calculated, shipping determined (pending answers to this thread), FTC labeling resolved, customs tax estimated and distribution in the USA sourced.

Anything that I am missing?

As mentioned, this is my first time. If it goes well, I'll send more products. Otherwise, chalk it up to experience-learned.

I appreciate any help.

Shawn