The Hotbutton Racism Thread

submaniac

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the topic again? coffee1.gif

Yep, smokie, i am reading about Swissmen and guns, and i wonder where is the nexus..

Oh well coffee1.gif

It was an allegorical point guys. Is that hard to understand?

Does that defense against racism work in court either?

I think you just caused friendly fire... Better aim next time. coffee1.gif

What about those Swiss people who do not keep guns in their home?

The point is that we know its wrong to keep guns in the home, and we pretend that we are better-educated than the Swiss. So regardless of the sins of some Swiss people, when a Swiss person reproves us for our behaviour, we should accept and address those aspects of our behaviour that we know to be wrong.

Most Swiss men between age 20 and 30 are required to belong to the militia, they are issued rifles that they must keep in their homes at all times. Officers also have handguns to keep at home. How can it be wrong when their government compels them to keep the guns? After their service is over, they can keep the guns, but they have the semi-auto mode disabled.

I doubt there are any nations in the world more civilized and broad-minded than the Swiss.

The Swiss and guns was an allegorical point.

I guess some of our members lack the sophistication and education that we take for granted in the West. Maybe we should have used a parable rather than an allegory. Though I fear that many amongst us lack the religious education to understand how to interpret a parable. So often, our bigotries and prejudices are based not only on a misunderstanding of foreigners, but of ourselves as well

SC

• Like 1