Thai Police Exam Down To 56 Candidates: Nakhon Ratchasima

webfact

Police exam down to 56 candidates

The Nation

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: -- The initial round of the corruption-plagued exam at the police constabulary school in Nakhon Ratchasima has ended with 56 remaining candidates scheduled to be tested for suitability for the available positions, a senior officer said yesterday.

Of the 1,500 candidates who passed the initial test, some were weeded out after missing interviews or failing to submit documents, while another 203 failed the physical examination, with one testing positive for the Aids virus.

Some others were diabetic, were short-sighted or had tattoos, said Pol Colonel Kheereesak Tantiwanachai.

The remaining candidates will undergo a further selection process on Wednesday, which will determine which duties they will take. Details of the process and further schedules are available at www.ppr3.go.th, the official website of Provincial Police Region 3, which is holding the exam.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-15

56 (so far) from 1500 applicants. Seems a 3% success rate is a bit harsh as by being too selective the less tea money they can collect. Mind you my wife was offered a job with the Police in BKK and it was only going to cost her 100,000 Baht, after which her starting salary of 8,000 Baht would give her the right to collect as much as she liked to recoup her investment in obtaining the job. That could be why there are only 56 now in the running as well although I am sure Nakhon Ratchasima would be a far lesser cost to get the job. ohmy.png

A few years back one of my inlaws had the chance to get a job as a security guard which guarded some govt building and paid signficantly higher than a common security guard job....unfortunately, to have a good chance (not 100%) of getting the job it required a 20,000 baht tea money payment.

56 (so far) from 1500 applicants. Seems a 3% success rate is a bit harsh as by being too selective the less tea money they can collect. Mind you my wife was offered a job with the Police in BKK and it was only going to cost her 100,000 Baht, after which her starting salary of 8,000 Baht would give her the right to collect as much as she liked to recoup her investment in obtaining the job. That could be why there are only 56 now in the running as well although I am sure Nakhon Ratchasima would be a far lesser cost to get the job. ohmy.png

Many of said rejections being illegal under the constitution.

Did she take the job

Some others were diabetic, were short-sighted or had tattoos, said Pol Colonel Kheereesak Tantiwanachai.

Being short sighted seems to be a common problem in Thailand

Do you mean optically or mentally?

Edited by Bagwan
  • Like 1

She missed the chance of making a wonderful investment. Where else could you invest and receive a dividend of say 1000 baht per day. She'd have her money back in under three years plus of course no tea money to ever have to pay again. Maybe even that benefit would extend to yourself. Promotion however may well have depended upon her attractiveness and the willingness to 'come across' for a senior officer.

56 candidates left, and that's before they are asked who is taking the exam for them!

Take out a few young clever hackers, a few who fail a yaba test, a few whose daddies want more local land etc, and we're probably down to 10.

Take out the ones who don't want to give 90% of their takings to their tea boss, and we're down to 2.

The one with the Ferrari will win!

-m. ;)

56 candidates left, and that's before they are asked who is taking the exam for them!

Take out a few young clever hackers, a few who fail a yaba test, a few whose daddies want more local land etc, and we're probably down to 10.

Take out the ones who don't want to give 90% of their takings to their tea boss, and we're down to 2.

The one with the Ferrari will win!

-m. wink.png

Not quite. The one who's dad has a pink bentley will trump the ferrari any day.

Being short sighted seems to be a common problem in Thailand

Do you mean optically or mentally?

Is that a trick question?

An upcountry relative of my wife wants to pursue a career as a BIB. He has been told no problem. It will cost him 200,000 baht however!!