Just For My Fav Op Group In Cm...where Can You Find Best Food Below 50Baht ?

LawrenceChee

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else find that the dirtier the restaurant, the better the Pad Grapao tastes? With a greasy fried egg over the top, its like greasy spoon food.

hahaha yes !

I like mine basic meat, pepper, garlic, seasonings and basil leaf. No green beans please.

Pad Grapow involves a handful of red and green chillies aswell...........you wimp....give your metabolism a charge

haha peppers are chilis ! those chilipeppers are great fat burners.

But sometimes it doesnt feel to good on the other end.sad.png

You don't like to order the "ring of fire" then?

Went to the Nam Ping Mae last night, first time after reading some reviews here; got to say its a thumbs up for me, and will be going back again for sure. Had the geng henlay? as one dish,....and today, i have the ring of fire!thumbsup.gif

anyone about the muslim eatery near wat santitham? i could vaguely remember i went twice some years back served with excellent mataba and thai briyani. it was pretty dam_n cheap and really crowded

but the last time im back in chiang mai it wasnt there around anymore.

Ambience NOT good but wonderful flavour. Avoid the "ottel" (oxtail) soup. Run by a couple of lovely old ladies.http://maps.google.c...004495&t=m&z=16.

A small restaurant near Back Canyon, in the corner of Rajdumnern road, the name is Sailomjoy, good food, not expensive.

http://maps.google.c...,218.3,,1,-1.58

Kao Soi Samer Jai, Fha Ham . http://maps.google.c...,321.7,,1,-5.62

Visited Khao Soi Samer Jai today. I liked the place and the Khao soi was good. The taste was a little more tangy than others. But I was surprised at the small portion. In the end it was enough for me but I tend to eat smaller portions anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll return to try the other dishes.

Went to Mae Nam Ping lastnight also with the (thai) wife,no problem parking in front,insite not to busy(4 table occupied)

started with the Northern style sausage plate 4 kinds of sausages and some vegetables and a curry,really nice.

Then 3 orders, one vegatable(keng)spicy soup,one plate with 5 cups with fish,egg and coconutcreme and the

keng hinlay,2 white rice,a bottle off water and one big Leo beer, all for 273 baht.The food was good and we will

be going back also.Had no ring of fire from the hinlay!!thumbsup.gif

Read the title before you screw up their budgets and weight loss program OP DVG

They only want dishes below 50 baht and you suggested 273 baht ????? Are u trying to give all of them sleepless nights :-)

hahahahhah

55555555... the budget can stand it, but the belly can't..... too much delicious food!!

The title should have carried a health warning, LC laugh.png

Glad to hear that people are enjoying Mae Naam Ping. Hopefully they won't be raising the prices with all the farangs eating there now.laugh.png Just joking, they haven't raised prices as long as we have been going there -- a couple of years now. If you are really on a tight budget you could try the "Shan-style steamed rice mixed with pork in banana leaves" for a whopping 15 Baht. It's really quite tasty and very filling! I ordered it once as an appetizer and was so full after that I couldn't eat anything else. The owners aren't the friendliest bunch but it doesn't matter. They always get the orders right and the food is delicious. Enjoy! As a bonus the place is very clean as are the toilets.

Edited by elektrified
  • Like 1

They only want dishes below 50 baht and you suggested 273 baht ????? Are u trying to give all of them sleepless nights :-)

hahahahhah

273 bath minus 60 for the beer and say 15 for the water that is 198 bath for 4 orders and 2 plates white rice

or 198 bath divided by 6 that is 33 baht a dish!!!!!!clap2.gif

hahahahhah

273 bath minus 60 for the beer and say 15 for the water that is 198 bath for 4 orders and 2 plates white rice

or 198 bath divided by 6 that is 33 baht a dish!!!!!!clap2.gif

and the problem with a lot of cheap dishes, is thats its very easy to be greedy, and not want to miss out. We had something similar the other night,didnt notice the beer thoughermm.gif my girl was too busy pointing to something healthier.

Very useful topic in case dollar and/or euro collaps continue and many farang will reduce to beggary.

When I just lived here, my gf and my curiosity took me to many places mentioned as above, my health decreased according to the number of dining there.

• 2 weeks later...

For the absolute best Kao Soy in Chiang Mai go here. 40-50 baht

1) right at nakorn ping condo (on Huay Kaew across from Shell)

2) first right

3) first left

4) Kao Soy Mae Sai on your left about 50 meters

They have tender braised beef or a chicken leg.

40-50 baht, no place else can compare.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went here for lunch today and it was delicious. I tried the beef and not that big a fan of the fattier pieces but it was good stuff. A friend had chicken and had nothing but praise for it and he's been around a long time.

Thanks for the lead.