Replacement Bank/cash Card Siam Commercial Bank.

My bank card recently broke and I have money in my Siam bank account that I would like to access. My problem is I opened my account in Chiang Mai and I now live in Issan.

Do I have to go back to CM to get a new card or can I do it at a local branch?

Is it possible to get cash over the counter with my card, book and passport?

Many thanks.

You should be able to use your book only to withdraw.

However if you have moved permanently it may be worthwhile moving your account to avoid ATM fees and then no problem replacing your card.

I was waiting a new visa before opening my new bank account and I have that now. Book only? Thanks, I will try that this week.

They will replace your card at any branch in Thailand for free the first time then after that it could cost from 100 to 300 for a replacement card.

Yes of course you can withdraw money with your bank book as long as you have your passport with you.

They will replace your card at any branch in Thailand for free the first time then after that it could cost from 100 to 300 for a replacement card.

Yes of course you can withdraw money with your bank book as long as you have your passport with you.

I opened the account with a different passport, will it matter?

• 2 weeks later...

However if you have moved permanently it may be worthwhile moving your account to avoid ATM fees and then no problem replacing your card.

Do atm charges make a difference if used in a different area?

I have a Siam card from Hua Hin but am planning to live in Issan

I opened the account with a different passport, will it matter?

Probably - if you can take your old passport as well it will help otherwise it could take a while to sort it out.

Do atm charges make a difference if used in a different area?

I have a Siam card from Hua Hin but am planning to live in Issan

Yes - in the same are as where you opened the account no charges. Normally in a different part of the country you will get some charges - you need to check with your specific bank how much. Worth switching or just open a new account.