Honda Brio Vs Mitsubishi Mirage Vs Nissan March Vs Kia Picanto

achieng91

Honda Brio vs Mitsubishi Mirage vs Nissan March vs Kia Picanto  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My girlfriend is currently looking for a new car. I was telling her to buy a 1.4L car but seems she prefer the 1.2L models as they are cheaper. Any advice on which car is better? I thought that the Mirage seems to be the better among the 4. Oh ya and we are looking at the top models for all 4 cars, which is about 500000 plus baht. Or should I just top up a bit more cash and get the 1.4L models such as toyota vios or mazda2?

Actually how's the swift as compared to the rest? and how long is the waiting list around?

I ordered over a month ago, and was told June next year. it could be longer now, but I think suzuki are trying to ramp up production. Depends on if your gf is in a hurry or not.

I like the looks of the suzuki over the others and it drives well - similar engine to the brio, but I found the brio a little noisy under hard acceleration. The suzuki is quite upmarket inside compared to the march/brio. I haven't driven either the march or mirage to compare. The mirage would be good for fuel and nippy as it's the lightest of all of them, but the design doesn't appeal to me.

If a friend was asking me for advice on an eco car, I'd be pointing them straight to the Almera - it's simply the most substantial car in the class.

If they just had to have a hatchback though, I'd be pointing them to the Swift 1st, Mirage 2nd.

Suzuki Swift has a 5 star NCap safety rating.

I failed to find any testing before on the Brio. It like the City are made for Asia. Soooooo who knows ?

The mirage is ugly which will probably limit it's resale value.

A kia will probably also have a low resale value.Its Ncap rating is 4 star.

If you want a resale value in Thailand buy Japanese.

Swift would be my first choice. Either March or City second, but the made for Asia no Ncap rating would put me off the City.

Edited by arthurwait

All equally shit. But if someone puts a gun to my head I would choose a Brio just because it has an H on the front grill.

All equally shit. But if someone puts a gun to my head I would choose a Brio just because it has an H on the front grill.

you have obviously not looked inside a Brio. It looks Shit inside...as in some one has smeared it on the dash boardtongue.pngtongue.png

• Like 1

I failed to find any testing before on the Brio. It like the City are made for Asia. Soooooo who knows ?

Swift would be my first choice. Either March or City second, but the made for Asia no Ncap rating would put me off the City.

problem is that safety rating does not apply to the Thai Swift as it hasn't got 7 airbags.

http://www.ancap.com.au/crashtestrecord?Id=379

I own a Honda City and bought it long before any eco-cars were available so I've been quite interested to find out more about them. Of the four, I've test-driven a Brio and a Mirage and driven a friend's March once - I think the Mirage has better features and drives a bit better, to be honest. Not only is it the most frugal but the rear seats and trunk are slightly more spacious than the Brio. None of them, however, have made me regret buying a City - eco-cars seem like a bargain because they cost less, but this is because the general quality is lower. I don't know whether it's the quality of the materials used or the fit or finish, but they just don't seem like good value. Just my two cents.

I own a Honda City and bought it long before any eco-cars were available so I've been quite interested to find out more about them. Of the four, I've test-driven a Brio and a Mirage and driven a friend's March once - I think the Mirage has better features and drives a bit better, to be honest. Not only is it the most frugal but the rear seats and trunk are slightly more spacious than the Brio. None of them, however, have made me regret buying a City - eco-cars seem like a bargain because they cost less, but this is because the general quality is lower. I don't know whether it's the quality of the materials used or the fit or finish, but they just don't seem like good value. Just my two cents.

Of the 6 brands that i have seen in Thailand . Proton, Honda, Kia, Nissan, Mitsubishi and Suzuki only the KIa impressed on the interior all the rest looked like they had been dumbed down. Saying that the KIa did not have airbags or ABS which is a shocking emission. 2nd best was probably the Suzuki so i suppose just get the seats reupholstered

- eco-cars seem like a bargain because they cost less, but this is because the general quality is lower. I don't know whether it's the quality of the materials used or the fit or finish, but they just don't seem like good value. Just my two cents.

Their cost is lower becasue they are on a government program that gives them much lower tax than your City

The Brio and Kia are smaller cars both A class cars. Kia is a totally built up car imported and though else where it has a much lower cost, as an import with import tax here is very high cost for such a car. I had a Brio on order, when it arrived I found the interior quality quite low and asked for my deposit refunded which they did.

I have a March now, My second one. The one now is made in Thailand and imported to Japan then I had it re imported to Thailand because it is a model they don't sell here. Leather,interior, more power and better handling. I have been quite happy with both. never had a problem and drove them all over with plenty of power.

However that being said, I most likely will sell soon. My wife want a Swift now, Wasn't avalable then, not that it is better, my wife just likes the looks of it and if I were to get what I wanted I would go with the largest Eco car, the Nissan Almera More back seat room than any hand down. Very close to a C class car at half the price

If I wanted the lowest cost to drive per km, that goes to the Honda City NGV at about 35 stang per km. But with the 300,000 Bt cost over the Nissan I can have a CNG or LPG system installed and pay for years of fuel

• Like 1

The Brio and Kia are smaller cars both A class cars. Kia is a totally built up car imported and though else where it has a much lower cost, as an import with import tax here is very high cost for such a car. I had a Brio on order, when it arrived I found the interior quality quite low and asked for my deposit refunded which they did.

I have a March now, My second one. The one now is made in Thailand and imported to Japan then I had it re imported to Thailand because it is a model they don't sell here. Leather,interior, more power and better handling. I have been quite happy with both. never had a problem and drove them all over with plenty of power.

However that being said, I most likely will sell soon. My wife want a Swift now, Wasn't avalable then, not that it is better, my wife just likes the looks of it and if I were to get what I wanted I would go with the largest Eco car, the Nissan Almera More back seat room than any hand down. Very close to a C class car at half the price

If I wanted the lowest cost to drive per km, that goes to the Honda City NGV at about 35 stang per km. But with the 300,000 Bt cost over the Nissan I can have a CNG or LPG system installed and pay for years of fuel

The Kia is NOT a totally built up car.. otherwise it would not qualify for the tax rebate. it is assembled in Thailand from parts from Thailand and Korea. prices are 425-555,000baht similar to all the eco cars.

Jeff. how did you mange to get the car re imported from Japan? If it is a model they don't sell here how did you have it registered, did you have to pay extra for the emissions testing?

You say more power, do you have the supercharged engine in yours?

Edited by thaicbr

wife just took delivery (7 months late) of her Mazda Sport 1.5 - I"ve been very impressed with the ride and handling on the 16" standard rims. For 2 adults and a kid its a very good car although I'd hate to load it with a weekend's worth of toddler/wife luggage.

The car does what it does very well but I'm not so impressed with the fuel consumption for a small 1.5 - around 9-10ltr per 100km. Will get it on a motorway and compare.

Just on looks from your choice I'd go for the March...

I've ordered the Suzuki. To be brutally honest the main over riding reason is the looks. Brio looks quite good, but the others look far too much like granny shopping cars. Mitsubishi have the best colours. :-)

I've ordered the Suzuki. To be brutally honest the main over riding reason is the looks. Brio looks quite good, but the others look far too much like granny shopping cars. Mitsubishi have the best colours. :-)

I pushed my wife towards the Suzuki as one i would be seen in but she was told the resale value would be considerably lower and parts/service was not as easily available

I pushed my wife towards the Suzuki as one i would be seen in but she was told the resale value would be considerably lower and parts/service was not as easily available

Yep. I agree with all of that. Fortunately for me mrs mjj liked the Suzuki more than the others. I'm not too worried about the re-sale as we will need to keep it for 5 years. Parts/service might be a pain, but at least it will look nice while broken down outside the house. :-)

I would imagine they are all pretty much the same, all right round town, but all would be a tomb if 2 tons of Fortuner slammed into them from the side.

My missus has a City, it's alright round town, City etc, but for distance travel on the major roads, she takes my Car, Fortuner. I have even taught her to drive like a Farang in Fortuner, total disregard for everyone and tailgate at 130kph :)

Yep. I agree with all of that. Fortunately for me mrs mjj liked the Suzuki more than the others. I'm not too worried about the re-sale as we will need to keep it for 5 years. Parts/service might be a pain, but at least it will look nice while broken down outside the house. :-)

Suzuki are putting a lot of effort into quality control so I don't expect too many problems in that regard. There are no issues with the previous model. The main issue I see it as now is the lack of surface centres, though there are plans to increase those. Resale should be ok - car tents are selling the old model for a premium.