What About Visa When Renewing Passport?

I only have five blank pages left plus a few odd spaces for stamps in my British passport.

With the new rules of having to obtain your passport from Hong Kong or it could now even be

UK, it means you have to send your existing passport out of the country possibly for a lengthy period of time.

How do people get around staying legal regarding the Thai immigration authorities during that time

you are essentially without a passport and a valid Visa?

You do not send your Passport.

You send copies.

Thanks a lot for that!

I never imagined for 1 min they would accept copies but now I see on their website

' Thailand is an exception to the main guidance '

I have just renewed my passport through the new HK method and it was returned to me within 14 days, although on the web site they say to allow 1 month for processing. I went to Thai immigration and they transferred the stamps into my new passport and I picked it up the next day. There was no charge for transferring the current stamps.

You do not send your Passport.

You send copies.

Thanks a lot for that!

I never imagined for 1 min they would accept copies but now I see on their website

' Thailand is an exception to the main guidance '

I have just renewed my passport through the new HK method and it was returned to me within 14 days, although on the web site they say to allow 1 month for processing. I went to Thai immigration and they transferred the stamps into my new passport and I picked it up the next day. There was no charge for transferring the current stamps.

Good information to know. Thanks a lot!

I intend renewing my UK passport a few months before my retirement visa expires and then getting the visa transferred to my new passport when I apply for the retirement extension. This will save an additional trip to immigration, Can this be done?